Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostprophets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In b4 Loraen puts their own thread in RnF.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He seems more aggressive nowadays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He seems more aggressive nowadays [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm fasting today so I'm a little cranky. We now return to our regularly scheduled repertoire of screenshots of boss mobs dying at the hands of highly skilled solo artists.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder what this thread will be like come Velious.

Druids with a pet. More outdoor mobs worth adding to the list. Bigger difference between what is hard for a shaman vs. what is hard for an enchanter. New duo targets. A bunch of zones that I never really explored on live.

Oh man. I'm getting all excited!
I too have wondered this (see http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=91934). Although I didn't play a druid on live so I'm not sure just how effective that druid pet is.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Fire Giant

From what I remember, the druid pet hit for like 40 or so and had very low HP. I think I only used it for added dps in groups on live.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Even if he isn't very effective though, he can buy you time where you are not getting summoned vs. rooted targets.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

The druid summoned pet was essentially a gimmick from my memory. Worse than the Shaman pet.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

I trio'd Gorg and PoS in sky... does that count as Winner of EQ > All others in the history of the game?

Sworen Owns [60 Warrior] - The Mystical Order
Daliant Validae [60 Cleric] - The Mystical Order
Xeli Bean [60 Cleric ] - The Mystical Order

Mobs down multiple times - fraps proof of it too somewhere!~
Last edited by Enygma; 02-07-2013 at 04:14 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think we have that category [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gorg is on the duo god mode list though, so if you could kick one of your helpers you'd be set [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Druid pet is basically nothing but an extra 5 (tops) dps in a group or if you're kiting something with a lot of hp. I think it hit for 28 or so double, and was level 26 with 800 hp.
Last edited by koros; 02-07-2013 at 03:31 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Well I just went to solb to see if I could find a giant up, and Skarlon was up, but I ended up dying and wasn't in the mood to try to figure out how to deal with a charm break when fighting a level 46, dual-wielding, hasted fire giant.

There were 2 giants in Tranix room, both on the right side, when I came in. One static near the throne and one that kept pathing around the corner back towards Skarlon. I charmed the static one with the pather gone cause I wanted to see how it even worked to fight with giants, and killed the pather (which I soon figured out I probably should have left alive).

After camping out, I learned that the pillars in the room block LoS, so I ran up next to my old pet and rooted him, then positioned myself behind the pillar right next to him so he couldn't swing at me, then lulled him and camped. Came back in and recharmed him, then sent him after the wizard and backed him off until I saw I had a FG wiz, a FG war, and Skarlon on my pet. I rooted the wiz, backed off down the stairs to get out of LoS, rooted the warrior, backed off a bit more, rooted and slowed skarlon. I think I recast rune and bedlam twice during that process, but with pet buff and Skarlon slowed I thought I might be able to get him down before roots broke.

When Skarlon was down around 20% though, the wizard root wore off. I rerooted and tried to run up stairs to reroot the other giant then sit out of LoS while pet finished off Skarlon, but the stupid wiz landed a full-damage MR nuke on me even with shielding and MR up, and that was enough to finish me off after running past the rooted giants.

My idea for next time I try, assuming the room looks more or less the same, is to have pet pull Skarlon's room again but leave them sitting in that hallway where I should be able to lull through the wall. Then I'll ae blur the adds off and have Skarlon to fight solo out in the room.

Still don't know wtf I can do, if anything, if charm wears off. Short of a wand of allure, there doesn't seem to be any way in hell I can get off a 6-second cast on a FG unless he is unhasted and without weapons. And THAT FG would take forever to kill Skarlon, I'd think.
Closed Thread