Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

How do you plan on lulling through a wall for mobs that are belly casters? If the FGs aren't belly casters, then I have a bug report to write. This should be true even for lull, according to Thott.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

They ARE bellycasters, even for lull. But I'm within their melee range, so it lands.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Cool, back to the regularly scheduled program. Was pretty sure they were bellycasters from my own findings, but wanted to be sure.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM
Planar Protector

So seeing as how Draco went down last night and CT still had quite a bit in window I decided to give Fear another shot. My first move was to kill the roaming shiverback using the spider behind the portal. I was lucky enough that he was L49, so my new Shissar Focus Staff got a real workout.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
http://s4.postimage.org/az7a8av9o/EQ000202.jpg

It turns out that actually breaking fear is pretty easy. After killing like 5 mobs I could afk at the portal and cook breakfast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But it was kind of annoying; all the mobs have annoying special abilities (toads can freaking CAST fear) but aren't tappable. Plus in order to keep the scarelings under control I had to chainstun them (I tried getting cocky there, and it was a disaster) so I would kill a mob with my spider/chainstuns and then afk for like 7-8 minutes meditating.

http://s11.postimage.org/5oqbzdx02/EQ000204.jpg

After this I was just gradually killing trash. The only mobs that gave me trouble were scarelings and toads.

http://s8.postimage.org/cyc4xybk4/EQ000207.jpg

The toads would fear me about 40% of the time with 154 MR which I thought was fairly ridiculous and my pet literally 100% of the time. I had to cap out of this encounter as it gradually built up to 4-5 mobs.

http://s7.postimage.org/9fkh91kje/EQ000212.jpg

Here I made an interesting discovery: the scarelings really do proc gate. When they procced on my spider they just teleported him back to his spawn point behind the portal and healed him to boot. So once I had the area more or less clear of roamers I didn't have to worry about the scarelings too much (this wouldn't work on the break though; too many mobs path behind the portal).

http://s3.postimage.org/4ye8ci2sy/EQ000215.jpg

I died a few times, mostly from either getting cocky or the fucking toads. As you can see getting a cleric to come rez in fear requires a certain amount of persuading. In the event VP took a while and Tizzle showed up on Liia.

http://s12.postimage.org/fmrl4ikxo/EQ000217.jpg

He wanted to kill stuff on the western wall (which I had mostly ignored) so that he could fear kite some tentacle terrors for a ranger bracer. Meanwhile I had the brilliant idea to fight two toads against each other. They would root each other so they wouldn't run when feared. This was actually working OK and I had both of them about 10% when Tizzle (on Arae) backed into my spider and trained 3 WW mobs on me and I died again.

So I decided to sneak past the boogey house and ivu pull some toads to the zone line where I could slaughter them with my spider. It turns out I got 2 gorgons and 2 toads. I started at about 30% mana and life but thankfully most of them were pretty low level and charm held well. I charmed both toads against the gorgons and finished with another Focus click and somehow I actually survived that.

http://s17.postimage.org/xm3he9sxa/EQ000218.jpg

You can also see I get tells from all kinds of crazy people - who the heck names their char Slutforclothcap? Anyway I hung around for a bit more and ended up dying to a glare lord roamer while engaged with 4 other mobs in the SW corner. At this point I was just pretty disgusted with the whole business and Bier was nice enough to CR me so it's lunch time.

My log shows almost 30 mobs killed (and it was probably somewhat over 30 as the log doesn't get everything) so while I feel like I pretty much owned the zone there were just too many mobs around to make an attempt at a golem. So I really have no idea how Svenn managed that. I tried going directly east and that was one of my cap outs as I managed to find quite a few mobs. As you can see from the timestamps I was in there a solid 6 hours so about 1 kill every 10 minutes including caps and deaths and rezzes and stuff. So either I have to find a way to kill fewer roamers or kill faster.

[Thu Feb 07 07:38:09 2013] a spinechiller spider has been slain by a shiverback!
[Thu Feb 07 07:40:19 2013] a shiverback has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 08:06:39 2013] a scareling has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 08:09:22 2013] a shiverback has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 08:27:35 2013] You have slain a shiverback!
[Thu Feb 07 08:28:05 2013] You have slain a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 08:33:31 2013] a scareling has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 08:49:10 2013] a scareling has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 09:05:24 2013] a shiverback has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 09:09:36 2013] a scareling has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 09:12:15 2013] a fetid fiend has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 09:39:17 2013] Amygdalan warrior has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 09:41:36 2013] a scareling has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 10:05:59 2013] a scareling has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 10:08:59 2013] Amygdalan warrior has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 10:51:23 2013] a fetid fiend has been slain by a samhain!
[Thu Feb 07 10:51:55 2013] You have slain a samhain!
[Thu Feb 07 11:17:52 2013] a fetid fiend has been slain by a fetid fiend!
[Thu Feb 07 11:18:27 2013] You have slain a fetid fiend!
[Thu Feb 07 11:24:09 2013] a scareling has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 11:26:41 2013] a turmoil toad has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 11:57:24 2013] a fetid fiend has been slain by a fetid fiend!
[Thu Feb 07 11:57:44 2013] You have slain a fetid fiend!
[Thu Feb 07 12:15:06 2013] Amygdalan warrior has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 13:00:51 2013] a turmoil toad has been slain by a gorgon!
[Thu Feb 07 13:11:47 2013] a gorgon has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
[Thu Feb 07 13:20:11 2013] a shiverback has been slain by a spinechiller spider!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 02-07-2013 at 05:33 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Who said this was only for enchanters and shamans?

As a 60 wizard, I proudly present you my Solo Artist Challenge checklist :

Quote:
Warmup:
[S] the froglok king [48 paladin, Ruins of Old Guk]
[S] Frenzied Pox Scarab [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[S] Froglok Ostiary [50 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[S] The Golem Master [50 Warrior, HS North]
[ ] Sentient Bile [50 Warrior, HS North]
[ ] Crypt Wurm [50 Warrior, HS North]
[ ] The Spectre Sepulcher [50 Monk, HS North]

Solo Disciple: any 7
[ ] Gangrenous Scarab [51 Warrior, Sebilis]
[ ] Knight of Sathir [51 Warrior, Karnors]
[ ] Construct of Sathir [52 Shadowknight, Karnors]
[ ] A Drolvarg warlord [53 Warrior, Karnors]
[ ] a necrosis scarab [53 Warrior, Sebilis]
[ ] Crypt Caretaker [53 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Estrella of Gloomwater [51 Druid, Kedge]
[ ] The Crypt Keeper [50 Necromancer, HS North]
[ ] Froglok Pickler [52 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Froggy [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armorer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Armsman [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Chef [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Froglok Repairer [52 Warrior, Sebilis Chef/Bar]
[ ] Gruplinort [53 Wizard, Sebilis Disco]

Solo Master/Duo Disciple: any 8 including at least one each from HS South and Sebilis Crypt
[ ] Froglok Commander [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Brogg [55 Warrior, Sebilis Disco]
[ ] Baron Yosig [55 Warrior, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Arch Duke Iatol [55 Shadowknight, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] blood of chottal [55 Monk, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Harbinger Freglor [55 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] Hierophant Prime Grekal [55 Shaman, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] the Skeleton Sepulcher [50 Warrior, HS South]
[ ] a Crypt Spectre [50 Shadowknight, HS South]
[ ] Efreeti Lord Djarn [50 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Slizik the Mighty [54 Warrior, The Hole]
[ ] Skeletal Procurator [52 Shadowknight, HS West]
[ ] The Crypt Feaster [52 Warrior, HS South]
[ ] Embalming Fluid [52 Warrior, HS South]
[ ] The Spectre Spiritualist [53 Monk, HS South]

Solo Grandmaster/Duo Master: any 6 including one L56+ and one from HS East
[ ] King Tranix [52 Shadowknight, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Magi Rokyll [52 Wizard, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] Warlord Skarlon [53 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] A Black Reaver [51 Warrior, City of Mist]
[ ] A cliff golem [57 Warrior, The Overthere]
[ ] The Crypt Excavator [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] Reanimated Plaguebone [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] Mortiferous Protector [54 Warrior, HS East]
[ ] a Howling Spectre [54 Monk, HS East]
[ ] Drusella Sathir [55 Necromancer, HS East]
[ ] The Undertaker Lord [56 Shadowknight, HS East]
[ ] Dartain the Lost [55 Necromancer, The Hole]

Solo God Mode/Duo Grandmaster: any 5
[ ] Neh'Ashiir [54 Enchanter, City of Mist (help with the golems/pull is OK)]
[ ] Lord Rak'Ashiir [54 Wizard, City of Mist (help with the golems/pull is OK)]
[ ] Tolapumj [60 Enchanter, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Myconid Spore King [56 Paladin, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Emperor Chottal [60 Necromancer, Sebilis Crypt]
[ ] sebilite protector [60 Warrior, Sebilis Catacombs]
[ ] Fear/Dread/Terror [55 Warrior, Plane of Fear. Includes break.]
[ ] Korocust [61 Warrior, Chardok]
[ ] Protector of Sky [55 Rogue, Plane of Sky]
[ ] Phinigel Autropos [53 Wizard, Kedge]

Duo God Mode: any 5
[ ] Zordakalicus Ragefire [54 Warrior, Nagafen's Lair]
[ ] a dracoliche [53 Warrior, Plane of Fear]
[ ] Maestro of Rancor [53 Warrior, Plane of Hate]
[ ] Ixiblat Fer [61 Warrior, Burning Woods]
[ ] Gorgalosk [60 Warrior, Plane of Sky]
[ ] General V'ghera [65 Shadowknight, Kithicor Forest]
[ ] Prince Selrach Di'Zok [61 Warrior, Chardok]
[ ] Overking Bathezid [63 Cleric, Chardok]
[ ] Queen Velazul Di'Zok [62 Shaman, Chardok]
[ ] Noble Dojorn [60 Paladin, Plane of Sky]
[ ] The Spiroc Guardian [60 Shaman, Plane of Sky]
And before any of you non-believers ask for proof, here are the screenshots :
http://i.imgur.com/JOcqw2D.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IRQtSFC.jpg

Stay tuned, more to come ! (Hopefully...)
<Divinity>
Last edited by Neryn; 05-28-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neryn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who said this was only for enchanters and shamans?

Stay tuned, more to come ! (Hopefully...)
Grats! King is not that easy even though he is on warmup list - lots of adds.

Loraen, on fear:
As far as fear went its hard to remember exactly what I did, but I did the golem on the very far south-east wall, not the one in the middle. I remember hugging the south wall and staying up high as I worked my way east, which allowed me to skip mobs I saw running aruond below. I did root + camp out sometimes. I think I tried to keep invis up but cant be positive.

I cleared the very east corner and waited awhile to check pathing. Then I cleared near his temple thing. I didn't clear a ton of mobs at his temple that is for sure. But I used assiduous vision on him and just watched for pathing and waited until it was clear to pull him. I sent my wolf pet to take HTs and then charmed one of his amygdalans and rooted the other up for 2nd charm if needed. I remember casting malosini on my soon-to-be pet as it was running after me then just using strings right away and sending it on the golem while i delt with the other knight.

-- ya after reading your post closer you went directly east, I pulled from, then went south east as I went in between the house, then i stayed all the way south after that. I was able to avoid pulling the house this way and also I avoided most of the mobs in the middle.... Going directly east will put you in a hornets nest.
Last edited by Triangle; 02-07-2013 at 07:17 PM..
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Banned

Wizard kill is more impressive then all these ENCs exploiting decades old broken game mechanics
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard kill is more impressive then all these ENCs exploiting decades old broken game mechanics
not nearly as impressive as trolling the forums. I have yet to see you make a post that didn't remind me of a ruptured zit spewing malicious pus into the air. Go back to your cave.

P.S. Nice job Neryn! Did you use the wizard annihilator?

P.P.S. GNOME
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I remember, the druid pet hit for like 40 or so and had very low HP. I think I only used it for added dps in groups on live.
I'd kill to have this now in kunark. not sure how helpful it will be vs velious mobs since i've never experienced velious, but it would make a lot of kunark fights much, much easier. on top of just being super fun to have.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so I would kill a mob with my spider/chainstuns and then afk for like 7-8 minutes meditating.
sounds familiar, only replace chainstun with root/rot and meditating with manastone+robe of the spring :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here I made an interesting discovery: the scarelings really do proc gate. When they procced on my spider they just teleported him back to his spawn point behind the portal and healed him to boot. So once I had the area more or less clear of roamers I didn't have to worry about the scarelings too much (this wouldn't work on the break though; too many mobs path behind the portal).
nice find. i noticed that pets tend to be ported to the same location, but since i was generally charming different roaming shiverbacks the spawn loc pattern wasn't very obvious. knowing that you can probably clear the zone pretty quickly i would think.

Quote:
I died a few times, mostly from either getting cocky or the fucking toads. As you can see getting a cleric to come rez in fear requires a certain amount of persuading.
'

how many corpses you pile up at once? think my record was 5 at a time before the first started to rot and I either got rezes or ate some exp. i was often too stubborn to hat out and it wasn't even worth it if i was lom to begin with.

i agree with svenn, go south of the house. also i would just avoid going west at all, even to SW corner. lots of scarelings to deal with and that glare lord. obviously clear the pathers that come to zone in then i'd clear the mobs that path north/south at the bottom of the hill to the east and maybe a few south/southeast of the hill. this will give you a pretty big area to work with if you want to play around. also some of these pathers go east/west in the same area you want to travel, so killing them might be helpful. can't remember if i cleared the house or not, but with harmo its a bit easier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] either way, the big area east from the house to the SE corner is pretty empty at times. lots of pathers so its easy to pick off one at a time and clear most of it out. thats where i fought fright or whoever. south and a bit east of his mound. I also had to bring a shiverback with me, so going right for SE corner wasn't as much of an option, (and i was also there to kill gorgons for my tunic)

sounds like you're on the right track tho. i figure next time you try you'll speed up your kill rate a lot. gl
Closed Thread