Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have fun coming up with a phonebook thick pile of custom rules for your server that will last shorter than red did

I'll be rolling an ogre
Hey man its not my server I am pretty strongly against custom stuff because it usually ends up being half assed garbage and a good ol rallos zek server with a decent launch, no corruption, no corrupt guild bans would be pure gold. Start with item loot so that I and other item loot fans can STFU for life if it is a trash server, which it won't be because item loot is the bomb.

I will roll permanent PVE if item loot is implemented and bites the dust. It will be sad but I don't see it getting more than 1 shot.

Worste case scenario for me is some bullshit 8 level pvp range custom shit WITH item loot because then item loot will be blamed for server failure (Which was already inevitable)

In that sense I am really glad they didn't do item loot on original broken ass trash can red because of all the stuff that has been fixed in 6 or whatever years.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

0 people would accept a guild war. The guild that wants to /guild war is the guild that can't get the mob or that can easily beat the other team in PvP. A /guildwar option would require a situation where both guilds thought it would be a 50/50 fight for it with blue rules or pvp and just wanted to hurry it up to avoid poop socking.

If you have ever played a PvP game in your life you would realize this never happens.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

As much as I love and respect my red friends I agree that /guildwar never served a purpose and would not serve a purpose here.

Except if 2 guilds wanted to gear up for a guild war just for the spectacle.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

The problem with PVP in everquest today is that people think that PVP is supposed to happen everytime you log in.

Classic everquest PVP is blue PVE with the added stress that you cannot let your guard down.

Modern EQpvp is some leaderboard BS loot box game where rooting nakeds is A LOL HURR DURR

Eq is a real world simulator, and p99 and VzTz red players think its a Purge simulator.

Discord, maybe. But other than that, EQ pvp just simply does not work anymore.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:35 PM
Sarnak

Hardcoded teams pls. If it's FFA again it will have the same problems it did the first time (which had the same problems RZ did on live).

Toxic red community is a given, but at least on a teams server there's a little more incentive for shitlords to work together against the other side.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Fire Giant

if you wanna see toxic check out the atrocities being committed by the green community LOL

pvp players are angels
Old 10-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Here is what new red should be.

PVP server rallos rules, starts in vanilla

Does not add kunark unless population reaches certain level. Stays vanilla forever if pop stays weak. Its OK that casters win on vanilla, because they lose all other eras.

So on through the expansion timeline.

It was terrible when they launched velious on red when there was no population to play it. Total deathstroke for the server.

I'm pretty sad because theres a good chance I will never find the time to level a guy to 60 again. I really wish red didn't go so south.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 10-28-2019 at 02:46 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 02:48 PM
Fire Giant

So, Jib thinks a discord server where players are literally purged off the server works but sustained pvp don't work because it's a "purge simulator" and player vs player combat has a sense of competition i.e. leader board, when we have a whole achievement mechanic implemented into green.

brainlet analysis.

Teams brings a sense of community and zone ownership as well as built in alliances needed to sustain both the bleeding edge raiders and more casual players, potentially moreso than a pve server. If you're a high end gnome raider it behoves you to make sure those newbie gnomes in crushbone grow up big and strong and the ogre stay out of unrest. it's a compromise between the hardcore pvpers and people who want the added challenge and excitement of EQ pvp with today's more casual player. Most of us who were nuking scrubs on RZ have kids and wives now and the virtue of being say 35 and not 15. If you're a guildless nobody getting griefed at least you can get your fellow Dwarves (or whatever) to help you fend off the group of Humans (or whatever) outside of mistmoore.
Last edited by Danger; 10-28-2019 at 02:51 PM..
Old 10-28-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember any problems on RZ on live. I recall it was flawless and perfect and the best ever.

Please fill me in, I'm pretty sure no rose colored glasses here.

Jibartik I dunno, I am pretty sure EQ pvp does work, but it really does need more balance between murderer players and non murderer players. Its really not all about the fighting.

If all the best chances of server success keep going to blue now green then red will always have a tough time.

Best time for relaunch of a big red server would be when green goes velious.
I agree,100% rallos zek waas great, but it was by no means PVP, it was PVE that also had PVP.

There was no such thing as a PvPer, there were PKs and people who were not PKs

Every single person on red99 literally griefed their own friends off the server.

I read an article about how the iOS app store screwed up by making apps "free" the result was users just assumed that 99c was too much to pay for something they suddenly now percived as "free"... I think that EQ pvp suffers from this same stigma. It has become accepted that just being a asshole is "playing everquest" with red players.

Maybe teams, but honestly red99 was as polarized as teams could ever be. If you wanted to join the other guild, you had to literally insult your former friends and talk shit on them constantly with the new guild.

Its really just the environment than the games fault IMO. I dont think it's possible to fix it without heavy moderation, and just kicking players who have that VZTZ attitude towards pvp off the server back to rise of zek.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't remember any problems on RZ on live. I recall it was flawless and perfect and the best ever.

Please fill me in, I'm pretty sure no rose colored glasses here.

Jibartik I dunno, I am pretty sure EQ pvp does work, but it really does need more balance between murderer players and non murderer players. Its really not all about the fighting.

If all the best chances of server success keep going to blue now green then red will always have a tough time.

Best time for relaunch of a big red server would be when green goes velious or after its velious for a while. Its hard to imagine pulling anyone away from the current progression for a full red timeline / era server.

But I dunno, 2600 pop for green impressed me. Maybe there is 1000 people who would play red which would be enough. Teams is worth trying, or discord. Who has the time for discord though. Even on live that was beaten fast and then the game was basically done. It was bad ass though.

I dunno I am now in the camp where I just don't care what they do as long as they give red a fresh start.
What incentive does a non murderer have to play on a PVP. Seems like the only benefit red has is you can grief people more directly and as such only people focused on griefing others choose to play it.

you’re pretty much asking for non pvpers to play so that it wont just be the normal pvp psychos running around murdering people. while ignoring that the normal pvp psycho are exactly why nobody plays on red.

red will never work because the people who want red to be successful are also the people who are going to grief everyone off the server. that’s who pvpers are, that’s what they do.
Closed Thread