Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For this method is it more viable to go pure melee and buff yourself with your songs or is a drum and the chant dots higher DPS? I am sure it comes down to gear etc. I assume dots isn't the way to go or if it is you need to be careful as it will break mez if the dot is still active?
Yeah melee and well timed dots only way to go. Hypothetically, if you know you’ll last 30-40 seconds before you need to mez, weave in 2-3 dots with Regen/slow then be ready to mez.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

I did just watch an old video on youtube of cords crawling through Lguk.... def makes me think about bard a bit more... But Ultimately I am still sold on SK I think.
Old 03-25-2019, 04:40 PM
Banned

So which class can melee more effectively 40-60 than shaman? Never mind that shaman can do other things. Let’s forget that for a moment. The op is asking for an unusual play style.

When you combine the best slows with best regen and decent dps you get the most viable melee at a face to face level.

I imagine when you break it down to real soloing you’re down to fear kiting classes like SK/Ranger or something with all sorts of other tools like Bard. Based on some work I did with a bard at level 30 recently, they were getting wrecked by blue mobs face to face. I suspect it’s not that great. On the other hand I remember soloing high keep guards at that level face tanking.

Get a fungi, haste item, pet, regen, slow, poison winds censer/gfg and smack things up face to face. I still do it at 60. I did it before torpor to earn money for torpor too. I remember face tanking NG mobs.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So which class can melee more effectively 40-60 than shaman? Never mind that shaman can do other things. Let’s forget that for a moment. The op is asking for an unusual play style.

When you combine the best slows with best regen and decent dps you get the most viable melee at a face to face level.

I imagine when you break it down to real soloing you’re down to fear kiting classes like SK/Ranger or something with all sorts of other tools like Bard. Based on some work I did with a bard at level 30 recently, they were getting wrecked by blue mobs face to face. I suspect it’s not that great. On the other hand I remember soloing high keep guards at that level face tanking.

Get a fungi, haste item, pet, regen, slow, poison winds censer/gfg and smack things up face to face. I still do it at 60. I did it before torpor to earn money for torpor too. I remember face tanking NG mobs.
Shaman is not a melee class. OP was looking for hack and slash, not hack and miss. We’re not denying shamans superior survivabilty in melee range.
Old 03-25-2019, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

I soloed the north wing of HS on my 58 bard and got my west key the other morning and am far from Twinked, albeit I didn’t do really any face to face tanking but you don’t need as much room as some would lead you to believe for dungeon stuff!
Old 03-25-2019, 07:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I soloed the north wing of HS on my 58 bard and got my west key the other morning and am far from Twinked, albeit I didn’t do really any face to face tanking but you don’t need as much room as some would lead you to believe for dungeon stuff!
Did you mostly charm?
Old 03-25-2019, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

No I’d think you’d go oom fairly quickly doing that, but charming a mob and sending it in to eat HTs and so you can garner control of 4+ mobs is very helpful, also having mana to charm oblations before things are opened up was important
Old 03-25-2019, 07:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I’d think you’d go oom fairly quickly doing that, but charming a mob and sending it in to eat HTs and so you can garner control of 4+ mobs is very helpful, also having mana to charm oblations before things are opened up was important
Interesting. What primary tactics didnyou use for killing? I imagine there wouldnt be enough space to fear kite. Did you just melee and mez as needed when low on HP?
Old 03-25-2019, 08:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. What primary tactics didnyou use for killing? I imagine there wouldnt be enough space to fear kite. Did you just melee and mez as needed when low on HP?
As long as you don’t fight mobs higher than 50, some wings in HS are safe to AE snare/dot down packs of mobs
Old 03-25-2019, 08:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As long as you don’t fight mobs higher than 50, some wings in HS are safe to AE snare/dot down packs of mobs
Hmm that does open up some possibilities. Would that be aoe dots also or swap targets with chants?
Closed Thread