Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

I think it'll be ok as long as they make the 20+ mage pets research only.

As far as people spamming pets/pet classes, it's kind of the weird "it's 2019 and we are still playing EQ" thing. No one back then would bother leveling up a bunch of mages just to push into a camp like manastone.

I'm guessing 3 necros could do it at 20 with their lifetaps. assuming they actually work right for this time period. heh
Old 10-17-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think research difficulty will have a big impact on Mages either, because there is always at least one pet available from a vendor at every spell level. And you really don't need a specific pet to level a Mage, especially if you get a multi Mage party going where you just zerg mobs with multiple pets.
Only several months after launch do they add higher level mage pets to vendors.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

I imagine there just isn't time before green launch to tune, balance and implement these kinds of big balance changes, assuming the staff accepted them. Green launch is less than ten days away, and people have taken time off, scheduled around the launch date etc.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think research difficulty will have a big impact on Mages either, because there is always at least one pet available from a vendor at every spell level. And you really don't need a specific pet to level a Mage, especially if you get a multi Mage party going where you just zerg mobs with multiple pets.
That vendor did NOT sell pet spells during this era...lol
Old 10-17-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If pets cast or not doesn't affect whether 6 level 16 mages killed EE. The pets wouldn't have stuck any spells on a mob that much higher level than them anyway.

Mages may be overpowered on green compared to classic, but if that's your concern then pursue it rationally and with evidence the staff will act on, not with threads like this.
Research is allowed proven bro, lol...and maybe their pets were landing spells (maybe pets can land on spells on npcs regardless of level, no clue). Hell I don't even know if it's true or not yet...regardless, im just referring to the FACT mage pets did not cast spells in this era, up until about 2.5 months in. They did NOT dual wield till later. They were on researchable past 20 until 2.5 months in (and research was broke - im for allowing research to be fixed).
Old 10-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

There is a classic limit of 4 pets on an NPC at any one time. I've submitted a new bug report to that effect.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=336657

Verant thought about pet walling already and purposely made it impossible.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:48 AM
Sarnak

Everyone knows on classic eq launch up till duel wield was added you give your pets 2h weps. We all did it. Wife was mage on launch and I was necro. Her pet destroyed mine but she never used fire pet. Cause they died so quickly.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:06 PM
Decaying Skeleton

As the level 48 mage in the GUK group the OP is talking about, I think he is being a bit over dramatic about everything. The group was 2 mages, a warrior. Shaman, Druid and bard... someone made a thread about some BS they know nothing about and now it’s vlown up...
Old 10-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Mages were OP during classic though?
Old 10-17-2019, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Research is allowed proven bro, lol...and maybe their pets were landing spells (maybe pets can land on spells on npcs regardless of level, no clue). Hell I don't even know if it's true or not yet...regardless, im just referring to the FACT mage pets did not cast spells in this era, up until about 2.5 months in. They did NOT dual wield till later. They were on researchable past 20 until 2.5 months in (and research was broke - im for allowing research to be fixed).
Ok then. As I already said, compile your research and present it in a concise way in a good thread. You can't just randomly point to individual comments from back in the day and ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS in your summary of things while admitting that you don't even know the truth or falsehood of some of the things you're talking about and then be upset when the staff don't bend over backwards to enact the changes you think they should.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 10-17-2019 at 12:22 PM..
Closed Thread