Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 03-13-2024, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

bone knight is the flat earth theory of EQ
Old 07-18-2024, 05:05 PM
Kobold

What weapons and weapons progression would you guys recommend for this style?
I won’t do it forever, but it is something pretty fun and entertaining to melee if you feel like it.

Currently I’m level 16 with a smoldering brand. I’m at around 650 hp 600 mana. Kitted out in budget hp gear with the royks channeling crystal offhand.

How far is that smoldering brand going to take me? When and what should I swap to?
Old 07-19-2024, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

you should swap to charming undead and get off this meme playstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:14 AM
Kobold

Well it’s actually pretty chill and easy thus far 1-17, Tox. I don’t plan to stick with it all the way through but I have to admit with my gear and the tol robes it shreds. It does enough damage at face value to out dps the pet too so it’s not soaking 50% exp

What level would you suggest swapping to charming, then?

Even still I’m curious how long this playstyle will last until it falls off. I see it being pretty easy 1-20. As in very minimal downtime and you just keep killing because you can life tap hp and keep dark pact running to susatain mana.

Still wondering what weapon to upgrade to. My gear is not built around a bone knight, it’s just HP gear. So I can easily pick up a main hand caster weapon and be good to go.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What weapons and weapons progression would you guys recommend for this style?
I won’t do it forever, but it is something pretty fun and entertaining to melee if you feel like it.

Currently I’m level 16 with a smoldering brand. I’m at around 650 hp 600 mana. Kitted out in budget hp gear with the royks channeling crystal offhand.

How far is that smoldering brand going to take me? When and what should I swap to?
One of my friends equipped a Velium Crystal Staff and was cleaning up for the first 30 levels.

The usual advice is to start with a Crookstinger
https://wiki.project1999.com/Stiletto_of_the_Bloodclaw procs at 18
https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_writhing procs at 28
https://wiki.project1999.com/Staff_of_undead_legions at 46
Old 07-19-2024, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it’s actually pretty chill and easy thus far 1-17, Tox. I don’t plan to stick with it all the way through but I have to admit with my gear and the tol robes it shreds. It does enough damage at face value to out dps the pet too so it’s not soaking 50% exp

Even still I’m curious how long this playstyle will last until it falls off. I see it being pretty easy 1-20. As in very minimal downtime and you just keep killing because you can life tap hp and keep dark pact running to susatain mana.

Still wondering what weapon to upgrade to. My gear is not built around a bone knight, it’s just HP gear. So I can easily pick up a main hand caster weapon and be good to go.

Op here- reporting back on this for ya.

I used a velium crystal staff, which is the ultimate proc wep for Necro. But, on my first necro I used a staff of writhing when it procced.

I was able to easily drain tank stuff until about level 40. I highly suggest undead, so you can use your undead nukes.

At 40, the fights got really hard in melee. I kept trying, but besides various guards (paineel, high keep) there wasn’t too much that was both Safe and efficient.

Switched to charm at 40, but then stopped playing this necro because I already have a 60 nec and 60 enc and have charm killed to 60 on both. I’m sure if you really went out of your way, you could bone knight solo to 60… but it’d be a slog.
Old 07-19-2024, 10:32 AM
Kobold

I managed to solo mine to 54 so far.

After 52, I think the smart move would be to pair up with a Necro, cleric or shaman and duo. Class shines in small groups, too.
Old 07-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Armadillo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I managed to solo mine to 54 so far.

After 52, I think the smart move would be to pair up with a Necro, cleric or shaman and duo. Class shines in small groups, too.
Forgot to mention how much fun Bone Knight was in groups. Little healing, lots of DPS, CC using aggro spells to move / root mobs was fun.

Also gotta say, really love fighting undead with Bone Knight. You get a nice weapon proc, a passive buff lifetap proc, a damage shield, and low-mana undead nukes. It's still so much fun
Old 07-19-2024, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
34 - new spells, hit kaesora if you know what you're doing

i suppose you could bone knight the last little bit of HPs after you break charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 07-19-2024, 01:38 PM
Kobold

I did 34-39 in Mines of Nurga for an early headstart on Chardok faction. The exit tunnel is very safe and gnomes can climb the waterfall straight from the zoneline.