Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 09-19-2014, 10:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about Splurt or Emissary of Thule?
Caster's Realm 2001

Quote:
1 minute 36 seconds
Casting Time: 4 seconds
Recast Time: Instant
Actual Effects: Target: Damage Over Time (Unknown)
Description: This spell does an increasing amount of damage the longer it is on the target. It appears to max out doing around 1600 hp damage against NPC's over the 96 second period. Around 1100 against players.
The wiki currently quotes this as the same duration but being 11 DMG a tick increasing at 11/tick. Which puts splurt at 1496 DMG. (Final tick being 176)

However the most recent spell parses put splurt at 11 DMG increases at 12/tick, putting it at 1615. (Final tick being 191).

What is the current situation on P99? Is it increasing by 11 or 12 and is it's duration 90 or 96s?
Old 09-19-2014, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

I have no clue what spell dat they are using to put it at 1496, but Splurt always did 1600, even at Kunark launch.

Emissary is all kinds of messed up, it launched bugged but was fixed before Velious, same with the Necro epic which originally had a chance to resist each tick (totally a bug).

Should be double and triple attacking often, should also kick. The max melee damage here according to the wiki is wrong, it's should be 61.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Orc

Starts at 22, increases by 11 per tick.

Ends at 176, for a total of 1485 in 15 ticks.

So p99 increases by 11, and the duration is 90s.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fixed, pending update
Will look into this.
I understand and fully support these nerfs in order to make the spell mechanics resemble those in our timeline, but why is the missing damage shield portion of the Veil being ignored?
Old 09-21-2014, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

While we're fixing Necro spells, Augment Death should last 15 minutes.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:03 AM
Banned

I'm a bit amazed fixing night only spells to be night only, knowing it will be reverted 10 months after velious, has been completed before fixing stuff like splurt and augment death.

Multiple threads have been made on those 2, with sources.

Maybe Haynar isn't interested in adressing those issues, I'd just like to know.

Have put off parsing EoT on P99 for some time, fear it will be another major let-down. Guess I'll get to that.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

I dunno, EoT confirmed sucked until Luclin when it was buffed up. I dunno how bad it sucks here but I was pretty sure it sucked as bad as it should.

Splurt should be fixed. Pet Haste should probably be fixed as well, however Caster's Realm Buff durations aren't the most exact thing from what I've found. I have a post somewhere about druid's level 58 DS, based off casters realm duration, which ended up being wrong.

Things generally get fixed faster if there is a lot of evidence behind it as opposed to a single post or quote. It's still worth making those single post/quote bug reports but they will usually take more time cause the devs will end up researching more on their own.
Old 09-22-2014, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Augment Death - Should be 15min duration as opposed to 6min on P99.

Everlore 2000

Quote:
Uhm.. last I checked.. this spell took 200 mana.. lasts about 15 mins.. Now I heard it's a hp regen, speed buff of 50%, +35-40 str buff, and +14ac.. though I guess that would still be a bit of guessing

Vindinian DeathSpirit Necro of the 40 season
Caster's Realm 2001

Quote:
Max Duration: 15 minutes
Casting Time: 2.25 seconds
Actual Effects: Pet: Increased Strength (39 - 45)
Pet: Increased Attack Speed (49% - 55%)
Pet: Increased AC (10 - 12)
Description: Augment death is an upgrade to intensify dead. This spell works as a pet buffing spell and will increase your pets attack and hitting rate. This spell is necessary in order to use your pet for its full potential. This is useful in groups when you don't care if your pet is frenzy'd on.
Quote:
5 MIN, By Jjams (1/28/2001)

This spell last about 15 mins, and wow it makes your pet rock!
Disagreeing post:

Quote:
SPELL DURATION, By Zerg sentient (1/28/2001)

The duration of this spell is 5mins.
This info was obtained by first casting it on the pet and then trying to cast Intensify Death (a lower level spell from same line). I was unable to for 5mins.
Splurt - Should deal 1600ish damage not 1500ish. I'm assuming the correct formula is what's on Live currently: start at 11, increase by 12 per tick for the next 15 ticks (total of 16 ticks, 96s duration). Total damage of 1616.

EQ Caster's Realm 2001

Quote:
1 minute 36 seconds
Casting Time: 4 seconds
Actual Effects: Target: Damage Over Time (Unknown)
Description: This spell does an increasing amount of damage the longer it is on the target. It appears to max out doing around 1600 hp damage against NPC's over the 96 second period. Around 1100 against players.
Everlore 2001

Quote:
was in deep in Skyshrine fighting wyverns, and we pulled the 62+ giant jello cube.. forgot name and this spell was resisted 3 times in a row.. on the 4 th time it went thru and lasted longer than 1 min ... must have been at least 2 minutes (took 5 to 7 minutes to kill that jello mob); high MR mobs in skfire resist this spell once in a while too. as for dmg over time, 1600 + is the consensus, btw i use this spell a lot and the only time its wore off on the mob was against the 62+ jello cube =)
Quote:
This spell does rougly 1600 to 1800 no more no less
This Everlore link also has some retarded posts though...

Yes I know most of these have been posted elsewhere but I figured it's worth combining into a single post.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Sarnak

I'm confused about something. I've been told before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99's current spell file is based on a kunark-era spdat
What's contained in he spdat files? How can we have spell information that's still wrong if we're working off these? Am I not understanding what these are exactly?
Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused about something. I've been told before:

What's contained in he spdat files? How can we have spell information that's still wrong if we're working off these? Am I not understanding what these are exactly?
This is a fantastic question, something I still don't quite understand.

I'm guessing they aren't using the identical file, but instead something rebuilt based on those files. Since I'm guessing the syntax for spell coding changed from Classic client to the titanium based one we have here. Because so many more variables were added to spells later on.

But there are certainly still spells that aren't classic here.