Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

I worry about the volume of people who throw around autistic like an insult. Honestly don't some of you feel even a little bad about it? It's like 10 year old stuff.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I worry about the volume of people who throw around autistic like an insult. Honestly don't some of you feel even a little bad about it? It's like 10 year old stuff.
It's not an insult as I'm sure a lot of folks here are on the spectrum.

It's how you take it and how you mean it. I know sometimes that is tough as you don't get the meaning when just reading forum posts.

In a place like this with I'm sure a bunch of folks who are somewhere on the spectrum it's more of a badge of honor.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:53 AM
Fire Giant

Modern Autistic Sociopath isn't complimentary however you look at it. Autism is thrown about too much. No offense but its the same as throwing around downs syndrome and saying HEY they do fine, wear it like a badge of honour. No.

I'm not on the spectrum but have 2 kids who are and im just now starting to see how other kids are becoming aware of it and they are changing and singling them out. Try telling a 7 year old who is suddenly finding himself left out of stuff "Its a badge of honour".

its heart breaking
Old 03-09-2020, 10:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Modern Autistic Sociopath isn't complimentary however you look at it. Autism is thrown about too much. No offense but its the same as throwing around downs syndrome and saying HEY they do fine, wear it like a badge of honour. No.

I'm not on the spectrum but have 2 kids who are and im just now starting to see how other kids are becoming aware of it and they are changing and singling them out. Try telling a 7 year old who is suddenly finding himself left out of stuff "Its a badge of honour".

its heart breaking
Hopkins, I understand where you are coming from and meant no disrespect to you or your family and will take in to consideration where you are comign from.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:01 AM
Fire Giant

None taken. Everyone likely has ripped on something and got a new perspective later wether or not they will admit it. And trust me when your a parent to a kid with what some would call "issues" you get fairly steeled to it.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

Im also regretting even relying. No doubt the freedom of speech edgelord brigade will soon arrive to tell me how evil i was to try and disagree with another viewpoint -_-
Old 03-09-2020, 12:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Honestly don't some of you feel even a little bad about it?
Yes, in my case it eats me alive since I feel completely different the next day if it happens. However it's this kind of thing that actually allows me to act normal in a new space, since I now feel like people know I'm a weirdo, and I'm content with being a weirdo, not so content with freaking people one out - before something like this happens I'm just repressing shit. I'm not sure how to avoid it to be honest but since this is the case it completely ruins most peoples opinions of me before I even get to 'be myself'.

I however highly doubt most people feel bad about their spurge. I've never met anyone anything like me.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchthroe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, in my case it eats me alive since I feel completely different the next day if it happens. However it's this kind of thing that actually allows me to act normal in a new space, since I now feel like people know I'm a weirdo, and I'm content with being a weirdo, not so content with freaking people one out - before something like this happens I'm just repressing shit. I'm not sure how to avoid it to be honest but since this is the case it completely ruins most peoples opinions of me before I even get to 'be myself'.

I however highly doubt most people feel bad about their spurge. I've never met anyone anything like me.
i rate this post narcissistic/10

I really need to meditate more. It's the only thing that helps. Life is kinda weird atm tho and challenging to get into the mode of helping myself/being nice to myself. This particular bit is aurely common among a lot of people though.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Really glad I am not a sociopath. So none of this thread applies to me.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Im also regretting even relying. No doubt the freedom of speech edgelord brigade will soon arrive to tell me how evil i was to try and disagree with another viewpoint -_-
It sucks that it's politically incorrect to judge people based on their actions and personality and life choices now. You're more than welcome to do just that in reality, I encourage it and hope you don't get any repercussions for just saying what you think.

Hell I often get sympathy for doing just that from the OTT carebears. I hate getting sympathy, fukin pussys. Be honest ffs.

Worst thing about being in a wheel chair must be everyone being fake nice to you. Unless you're too retarded to see through it, then I'm sure the attention is great.
Closed Thread