Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:19 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't want to be asked for rezzes then don't be a cleric. =P
Go camp me gatorscale leggings, Sheeplover!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Nem
Old 06-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Kobold

You sell very gold much. To this you do advertise in place is wrong, but as from WOW you are dumb.

P.S., go hell to communist bastard.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

I am also have the english to.

Seriously though that spam text reminded me of this:
http://www.reliableplant.com/View/75...chnical-jargon
Old 06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Orc

I mostly agree with the OP's point; rezzing takes a fair bit of time, especially if you have to go out of your way to do it, and some compensation for that time should be offered. Considering the level you need to be to offer a 90% rez, 25pp is a rather negliable amount.

That said, however, some people seem to express a little too much annoyance by rez requests on these forums, to the point where I've never asked for a rez because I don't want to get a verbal slap in the face from someone who won't appreciate not only the perhaps-inadequate sum of money I can offer, but my gratitude too. You can't really put a price on being nice and helping someone (though clearly many people do), and if you help me, maybe I'll be in a position to help you one day?

Not everyone asking for a favour is ignorant that that's what they are doing, and it's sad that a lot of people seem to be tarred with the same brush (this isn't directed at Astarothel, btw). Most of the time I'll just shrug my shoulders and grind the exp back because I'd rather not have a negative social encounter with yet another MMO-douche.

Ports are a different matter though, and I really can't understand the annoyance port requests generate. I've ported dozens of people so far, and only a few of those haven't offered either a considerable sum of plat (at my level, at least) or kind words of appreciation.

Just today I was busy quadding when I got a request from someone to come pick them up from Unrest. This requred me to bind, port to BBM, run to them, port them, then gate - I was offered 5pp. My initial and obvious reaction was 'lol', but I done it anyway. This 10 minutes out of my life and playtime didn't make me any richer or progress my character, but it made someone else happy and have a more pleasant session instead of dying in Dagnor's or hoofing it across the face of Norrath, which in turn made me feel good about myself. If the guy had been an ungrateful douch, then yeah, I'd have cursed myself for wasting my own time, but occurances like these are far rarer than many people on this forum would suggest.

Being nice can be its own reward. Try it some time!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leokaiser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ports are a different matter though, and I really can't understand the annoyance port requests generate. I've ported dozens of people so far, and only a few of those haven't offered either a considerable sum of plat (at my level, at least) or kind words of appreciation.

Being nice can be its own reward. Try it some time!
/friend Bartella

Port requests inc!