Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not recently can you step up your game please.
I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Planar Protector

We don't deal with bids, morans. Our system is a council of both officers and members alike that uses a record of attended raids, extraneous contribution, and loot history as a reference for deciding the most worthy recipient for each item.

It's beautiful.
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
obviously the dkp system is in place so new recruits feel like if they put in lots of hard work and hours, it will get rewarded.

loot council is obviously there to make sure the top 5% and their alts get all decked out at the expense of the other 95%

stupid people who join TMO get what they deserve though. enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you have a Loot Council in a DKP system... That isn't questionable at all... You join a raiding guild to raid and spend your DKP on loot. Not raid and let a loot council decide if your higher bid is good enough based on a terrible criteria. Makes me believe some of the tin hatters around here seeing that system.
Please inspect any member of TMO who has been in more than a month or 2... and tell me other members are getting out at their expense... lol

You might join a raiding guild for that reason. Real raiders join raiding guilds to experience in guild content with like minded individuals who want to progress through content with capable people.
Real raiders understand that straight DKP is a horribly flawed system, for a competitive raid team, as the point of loot is to award raiders AND to make your raid team more capable. Pure DKP allows people to hoard their DKP or to take expensive breaks and come back for loot later on. This doesn't help the raid team, and it doesn't help the individual who might have received 2-3 upgrades instead of that one super piece.

TMO's loot system is one of the best systems I have seen in EQ.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Banned

i honestly don't see anything wrong with this for TMO. their policy is there for all apps to see beforehand so don't see how this cleric guy is complaining. i prefer a dkp system without a council, but their system obviously has worked for them as well.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you have a Loot Council in a DKP system... That isn't questionable at all... You join a raiding guild to raid and spend your DKP on loot. Not raid and let a loot council decide if your higher bid is good enough based on a terrible criteria. Makes me believe some of the tin hatters around here seeing that system.
we're supposed to bid? damn, no wonder I keep losing.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

dkp (spent or not) can be one measure for a loot council to measure total raid attendance vs more recent metrics like 30/60/90

nothing to see here
Old 05-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't deal with bids, morans. Our system is a council of both officers and members alike that uses a record of attended raids, extraneous contribution, and loot history as a reference for deciding the most worthy recipient for each item.

RPT is beautiful.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As it should be, since you copied IB's loot policy.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Orc

Quote:
Please inspect any member of TMO who has been in more than a month or 2... and tell me other members are getting out at their expense... lol

You might join a raiding guild for that reason. Real raiders join raiding guilds to experience in guild content with like minded individuals who want to progress through content with capable people.
Real raiders understand that straight DKP is a horribly flawed system, for a competitive raid team, as the point of loot is to award raiders AND to make your raid team more capable. Pure DKP allows people to hoard their DKP or to take expensive breaks and come back for loot later on. This doesn't help the raid team, and it doesn't help the individual who might have received 2-3 upgrades instead of that one super piece.

Honestly, It is one of the worst I have seen. It screams favoritism. If it isn't about loot (Like you just claimed). Then why such a system to begin with ? That system makes it look like that is all your guild cares about. The LOOT. I am not saying it is the case. I said the system makes it look that way. I mean honestly how do you separate who gets the loot when you say have a 2 month member and a 2 year member who both have put in equal time lately in you poor excuse for criteria there ? Willing to bet 9 times out of 10 it goes to that 2 year member who you were buddies with back in the day too.

Oh I believe new members get loot in your guild. I wasn't debating that. That system however raises a lot of questions...Bad questions to any intelligent person who is gonna join a raiding guild for "Fun" with "like minded people". You have fun raiding regardless what the loot system is. Raiding is fun in everquest when experienced with the right people. But when you raid for 2 months you want to get some value out of the time you put into the guild helping it to continue to be successful. That system pretty much guarantees the older members with the same amount of "recent time" put in is still gonna get more priority over the newer people when they come head to head with each other. No offense intended it is just a terrible way to award loot for a guild that size. But honestly as big as TMO is you just toss off the ones who disagree with it and keep on accepting apps of people who don't see it.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned

Flat out DKP silent bid FE uses is awesome.

Not sure how TMO's go, but this guy didn't like it. Also like how nekro quit over and epic drop, with a loot council there will always be issues but not many ways around it.
Closed Thread