Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-28-2013, 04:06 AM
Sarnak

Y'all have way to much time on your hands.

Go spend this energy solving world hunger not trying to get peoples stuff nerfed.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

Shits classic dawg

Ele please halp make shit classic
Last edited by khanable; 08-28-2013 at 08:47 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't the Warrior the very first Epic the Dev's developed? And I always thought Root was pretty high up the Agro ladder.
First epic was Fiery Avenger, which was near universally dissed as a bank trophy (the Paladins who completed the quest early had better gear.) After judging reaction to that, they came out with epics for everybody, including the Fiery Defender as upgrade to FA.

OnTopic: Root isn't much agro for the spells themselves, but it's pretty useful for agro control when you can stick it reliably because rooted mobs choose melee target based strictly on proximity.
Last edited by kaev; 08-28-2013 at 09:04 AM..
Old 08-28-2013, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

No way Kaev.

33/44 with dd proc and stats PRE-Kunark?

It was the best anyone had seen up to that point, except maybe if you won the Butcherblock hammer.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Banned

2handers were terrible pre Velious. Here they are not.

I hate this debate!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go spend this energy solving world hunger not trying to get peoples stuff nerfed.
You realize you can only give those people food for free and when you stop giving, they start having the problem again. If there was a "fix", I'm sure it would have been taken care of by now.

Not to mention? EQ is worth saving bro. We here stand boldly against the waves of WoW clones and The Lion King: VoxelQuest, working to ensure a true classic EQ server may some day exist again.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juevento [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Y'all have way to much time on your hands.

this analogous to exploiting without knowing you're exploiting...bottom line is...you're exploiting...but we all know he's gonna read my comment and be like "wtf i don't exploit"...

anyways...

the research regarding this could be pretty damn revolutionary for the server...i wonder how big of a task it would be to rework aggro mechanics to pre-revamp? I'm hoping it's just one blanket code, but we all know with how ancient that code is...it's probably huge
Old 08-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shits classic dawg

Ele please halp make shit classic
What exactly needs more evidence the proc on warrior red blade or just aggro generation over all?
Old 08-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I think we have very good evidence already for the warrior proc, although Nilbog is avoiding my bug threads like usual.

The problem is all the posts I found on the Steel Warrior regarding aggro are from like 2003, so after that aggro change that Cucumbers found. I think it's quite likely that all debuffs should be base+mob-hp/X where x is some constant, probably around 10. This would, though, in my opinion be pretty unbalancing.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 08-28-2013, 01:19 PM
Sarnak

i'm ok with GM's saying "fuck that...too much work/unbalanced/etc" so the warriors and wannabe-epic holders like myself can say fuck it with the epic and focus on getting VP procs instead of spending 500k on a scale and other pieces...
Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly needs more evidence the proc on warrior red blade or just aggro generation over all?
I think if we can try to find typical hate generation for a debuff prior to Feb 21st 2001 we'd be in great shape.

I too agree the hate generation for debuffs is probably base+maxhp/x

I believe x to be around 100, though -- so look at it like this

sonic bat hp: 2000, adds 20 hate to base
krup knight hp: 8500, adds 85 hate to base
nagafen hp: 32000, adds 320 hate to base

so if base was say, 200, we'd have 220 hate for debuffing a bat, 285 hate for debuffing a krup knight, and 520 hate for debuffing nagafen

And this is where shit went bad:

velious boss hp: 600,000, adds 6,000 hate to base

which would be a totally dead debuffer

Thoughts?