Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

This is one, but still no date when it was done other the ref to the spell, but poster talks about a mana drain and torpor:

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...8239&start=250

"This ironically was the begining of the downward spiral since they pretty much changed what the class was about. They unnerfed Torpor by accident and left off the mana drain. They added primal avatar since no one actually used avatar anyway. "
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Last edited by Crom; 08-07-2014 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husalah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a velious spdate off disc is going to most likely resemble mid to late kunark live
When it includes spells that were introduced in Velious, it's a pretty safe bet it's not from mid-Kunark.

Do you honestly think they were printing expansion discs with builds that were already several months old? The last modified timestamps on the files don't lie.
Old 08-07-2014, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is one, but still no date when it was done other the ref to the spell, but poster talks about a mana drain and torpor:

http://www.elitegamerslounge.com/hom...8239&start=250

"This ironically was the begining of the downward spiral since they pretty much changed what the class was about. They unnerfed Torpor by accident and left off the mana drain. They added primal avatar since no one actually used avatar anyway. "
Very interdasting
Old 08-07-2014, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Default Spdat.eff file from 2000-03-14

uploaded a Spdat.eff file from the original kunark CD (date 2000-03-14)
Attached Files
File Type: zip spdat.zip (72.1 KB, 7 views)
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 08-07-2014, 07:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
uploaded a Spdat.eff file from the original kunark CD (date 2000-03-14)
Kunark Beta still unfortunately, same one I have for Kunark.
Old 08-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Nirgon posted some ones from mid velious last year but the links are dead now.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

If Topor ever had a mana drain it was temporary. I NEVER remember Torpor having a mana drain, as posted this would be useless and be put on the DO NOT CAST list for any raid. The only spells that did was the Rage lines which were self only.

Edit*** Some evidence there was a mana drain during a portion of Kunark, this was either before I recieved my copy or I never noticed it/didn't remember it.
Last edited by BlkCamel; 03-18-2015 at 03:44 PM..
Old 08-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They refer to healing a lot and using it as a downtime reducer. Both of which are true, regardless of whether it drained the targets mana or not.
Those posts were talking about casting Torpor on yourself while you fight a difficult mob.

You're not even reading the contradicting evidence, do you realize how obvious it is that you're pushing a personal agenda?

Sidenote: I do remember the Cannibalize spells getting improved, I just never did the research to see if P99 was using pre-buff or post-buff Canni stats. But again, I don't remember Torpor draining your mana. I accept that the mana drain could have been removed just before I got the spell, but I don't see any evidence supporting this right now.
Last edited by Byrjun; 08-10-2014 at 06:19 PM..
Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

I still fail to understand why them talking about Torporing yourself while fighting a difficult mob is evidence that it didn't drain mana... Its 400 for 1200 HP... 1500 if server tick likes you (for 450). The ratio of HP:Mana crushes Superior Healing, and allows you to do other things like JBB, DoT, Slow, Malo, Canni etc. while you keep regening HP.

The only evidence that would argue against my point is the guy talking about it being a downtime reducer in that you can go from OOM -> FM very fast with Canni/Torpor. Which is still true even with a mana drain, just less fast.

But in this researching we have discovered two other things:

1. Torpor should remove SoW or any runspeed buff.
2. Canni's are currently in post-update Efficiency, they should be in pre-update until April 2001 (4 months into Velious).

I'm fine with saying Torpor verdict is still out.

Currently as it stands there are a few quotes from caster's realm, everlore, cucumber's message board and SOE boards that mention the mana drain. Also the Caster's Realm+Everlore spell data lists the mana drain.

Whereas theres a quote mentioning the speed of Torpor+Canni in mid 2001, quote about using it on hard fights solo, and shaman boards don't list the drain in spell description.

I'd really like some post about when the drain was removed. I'm also unclear on the exact Regen/HoT stacking currently. Some stuff indicates that Torpor/Celestial will remove a regen like Regrowth. I'd need to look into that more and make a new thread.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:52 AM
Banned

Prima strategy guide for Kunark ain't got nothin on this. Although it is still a solid toilet reader.