Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 03:51 PM
Sarnak

There isn't much that is more pathetic than coming into an MMO forum and slamming people for 'having no lives and playing the game too much'.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There isn't much that is more pathetic than coming into an MMO forum and slamming people for 'having no lives and playing the game too much'.
Sounds more like OP has genuine curiosity about other people's lifestyles than wanting to bash them.

I say if you love EQ, and your life permits you to play it that much, then more power to you.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Edited for correctness:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh please. Me and the wife raised a demonspawn brat while playing EQ almost as much as we worked. It can be done. They more-or-less raise themselves once you teach them how to play Everquest.
And Lune, I love your bit -- but have you got a twist for the female extreme gamers among us? Making me laugh once is not sufficient. After someone has made me laugh, they have a standard to maintain.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds more like OP has genuine curiosity about other people's lifestyles than wanting to bash them.

I say if you love EQ, and your life permits you to play it that much, then more power to you.
Exactly. I know I play a lot...but I'm a pretty simple person in what I enjoy.

When it's nice out, I sit on my deck with a glass of whiskey and a cigar. Grill dinner, go out to the local pub for drinks. As mentioned previously, hike. If none of that is happening I'm SURE as fuck going to relax after work/weekends with some EQ. I've never canceled plans to play nor said no to plans.

Back during late EQ/Early WoW - I always justified large amounts of time in MMOs because I wasnt out getting drunk every night, spending money on stupid shit. I was getting massive entertainment value and made some friends I still talk to, to this day.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:43 PM
Fire Giant

Work opposite shifts to my partner , both nurses
18 month son who loves watching spiderlings and fire beetles and shouting HOT HOT HOT at the fires around shady swashbuckler , im online mostly afk to use EQ as a pacifier when he throws a tantrum, because he likes to see the different creatures, animals and creepy crawlies

So , im online an awful lot , but mainly only sat at the desk when my son is asleep ! /AFK is on alot!

That's my story !
Old 03-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it was a RNF, I would have posted it there ya moran. I was actually curious and simply wanted to ascertain what allows people to game the amount they want to. I for one, am not criticizing anyone for how much time they put into something they enjoy doing. Hell, your mom would rather have you playing 16+ on EQ than selling crack on the corner.

Take for example: my old raid leader was on the clock basically 24/7. Everytime I logged on, no matter what time of the day, he/she was on. 3am repop? No problem. Like, I can't even do that because I have a job, but if I didn't and had time to play EQ more, I probably would. So I wanted to know how these people achieve this.
Last edited by Gel Mibson; 03-18-2014 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecompte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't be a hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When I'm sitting a camp, I have audio triggers that make noise when I need to be back at my desk to kill the next pop so I'm cleaning, cooking, etc while I play. If I'm sitting a 2+ hour spawn, I'll sit the camp and go to the store, breakfast, lunch, dinner, workout, whatever.
How did you do that?
I thought audio trigger feature didn't work on p99.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I think it is safe to say that if many of us here didn't have the RL responsibilities that we do, we'd be rotting away in our computer chairs chasing dragons. Some people just have a harder time accepting that others are in a position to do just that and they are not.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wait, playing 16+ hours daily isn't normal?
Keriath
Realm of Insanity - Xegony
Old 03-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Banned

Insomnia.

16 hours straight, of anything even EQ, is too hardcore for my blood though. 6-8 hours is usually when I start to wimp out.
Last edited by Ennewi; 03-18-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Closed Thread