Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Orc

I am having slight issues with soloing inside.. Maybe I am just out of sorts but it's happening [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Anyone have any good places outside (room to run like hell when it hits the fan) for lvl's 24 to 30?

Thanks again in advance!
Utu
Old 06-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utumen Au'Dyre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having slight issues with soloing inside.. Maybe I am just out of sorts but it's happening [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Anyone have any good places outside (room to run like hell when it hits the fan) for lvl's 24 to 30?

Thanks again in advance!
Utu
You could probably do SK for this, and certainly LOIO.

Make sure for soloing you bring PLENTY of gems to buff yourself with Rune. Don't be stingy and let yourself die :P
Old 06-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

24-27 EK Crag spiders are great.

27-34 I did OOT Sisters, amazing money and good exp.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:42 PM
Orc

Alrighty! Spider thingy ho!!!!!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
24-27 EK Crag spiders are great.
Yes, and almost permacamped because of it (not as bad as Nybright sisters though).
Old 06-23-2014, 07:23 AM
Orc

Alright! I'll see what's up now a days there. Will report back!
Old 06-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utumen Au'Dyre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks again in advance!
Utu
24-30 i switched between the blues in 1st room of unrest, MM pond (some of the time in a group), and 2nd floor fireplace in unrest. MM solo xp is 75% of a blue bubble per kill so it goes quite quickly.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Orc

Could someone post a guide on inside charm soloig? I think I am missing Somthing here.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Charm mob
Pet Attack new mob
Root/Tash new mob
Invis self when pet or new mob are low on HP
Root pet + Refresh root on new mob
Use Choke to finish low HP mobs, nukes to finish 10-20% HP mobs. Higher than that, charm a new mob
Repeat.

There's some variance and whatnot, but the goal is to have 2 mobs fight it out and then break charm when both are Low HP so that you may nuke them to death for full EXP. This is why finding camps with mobs that are equal footing/power is great. Cause having one mob at 80% and the other at 10% is lame. You have to break, root the 80%, kill the 10% and recharm 80 to find a new mob.

I'm sure there are better guides than this though.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

I don't like using dots to finish mobs off. It can break the root with the upfront damage and then you'll be using more mana to root the mob again while the dot kills. Might as well just pick the right-sized nuke to finish the job without too much overkill.

I would always make use of the variety of slow spells we get to try to keep mobs even-ish on HP even if they aren't the same level. Between languid pace and tepid deeds, cast somewhere between the start of the fight and halfway through the fight, you can get any mobs within ~5 levels of each other down to <10% at the same time to finish them off easily. Knowing the levels of different names of mobs, or watching for max hits to see what level they are, is very helpful for this kind of thing, of course. The sooner you know what spell you need to use the less mana you will need to spend keeping mobs even and finishing them off for full xp without slowing down your overall pace... although if you get a really tough mob it isn't a bad method to use two weaker ones on him and get full xp for the three without messing around with slows, that just doesn't happen all that often really.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-23-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Closed Thread