Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 AM
Banned

Except he saw invis when checked on eq Mac. What were the odds lol. I can follow a see invis npc while invis all day as long as I'm not too close to it, even through a sea of non see invis mobs.

Imagine my surprise when the grobb in town guards post I made was spot on too.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:54 AM
VIP / Contributor

This is the 3rd thread on this bug/fix/feature, please search the forums before making a new bug report. The issues and evidence has been brought up already in the other two threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played a dark elf Necromancer for my first three months of eq back in 1999. I never had an issue being able to invis and run through wfp to efp for the docks.
Very few PC toons start out kos to the militia, and most of them involve ogre/troll/iksar.

Everyone should keep trolling out of the bug section, thank you.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:23 PM
Banned

There's at least 2 forum accounts that require 5 across the eyes for threatening classic development.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the 3rd thread on this bug/fix/feature, please search the forums before making a new bug report. The issues and evidence has been brought up already in the other two threads.

Very few PC toons start out kos to the militia, and most of them involve ogre/troll/iksar.

Everyone should keep trolling out of the bug section, thank you.
Thanks for responding. Did you or another developer see the supposed EQMac evidence?

I'm not trolling but it's pretty flimsy to make a guard KOS over one Allakhazam post. Especially after all the stuff posted regarding see invis and charm making mobs bugged.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:58 PM
VIP / Contributor

I did, and by that stage in EQmac history I don't think anyone was xping in Freeport. The server was down to 7 or 8 players on average and got reset/rebooted regularly.

I know everyone won't be a fan of some changes that go in. I know some hated the see invisible changes to Old Sebilis and the rest of Kunark. But if enough evidence points to a change that is classic and reasonable, we must do it.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Banned

Powerful.

Thanks for keepin it real, classic.
Old 04-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Banned

Yaw and pls do not put in that sometimes to not see invis change. That was more dungeon/xp area type stuff and in no case I can think of applied to static NPCs in towns.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundawg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did, and by that stage in EQmac history I don't think anyone was xping in Freeport. The server was down to 7 or 8 players on average and got reset/rebooted regularly.

I know everyone won't be a fan of some changes that go in. I know some hated the see invisible changes to Old Sebilis and the rest of Kunark. But if enough evidence points to a change that is classic and reasonable, we must do it.
Alright, well thanks. There weren't any random see invis guards on live, at least when I played.

I don't see how the Ledshin change is reasonable or there's enough evidence except that one post. Considering Bamzal has a post that says the opposite, and you have tons of people here saying it isn't classic, and you have Everlore/EQatlas saying he isn't, it's pretty clear he should not see invisible.

You're just going to get more bug reports from confused people who get attacked by him, I'm afraid.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Developer

Whenever there is conflicting or absent data we will almost always veer toward the more annoying/difficult option. This slightly combats the fact that players know most of the mechanics and nearly every drop and strategy is documented somewhere.

Consider it a replication of some random guy charming and casting see invis on guards if you need. There is no point arguing or trying to get the last word in against developers, because you won't get it.
Last edited by Alunova; 04-24-2014 at 04:31 PM..
Old 04-25-2014, 11:39 AM
Banned

I'd like to see an example of 2 other NPCs that only sometimes spawn with see invis in towns vs always before we make the sometimes change personally.