Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Banned

Couldn't agree more. Leave the GMs alone!
Old 10-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Banned

I agree that every ban decision should be solely left up to Derubael and Sirken
Old 10-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Just wanted to chime in and say thx Nirgon, and everyone else who stops by my PM box/tell window/forums to give us support. It's easy to forget that there is a very vocal minority who will never be happy no matter what we do, and that they will always cry the loudest and be heard most often. We perform in our positions without the expectations of thanks or congratulations, but that doesn't mean it doesn't help to re-affirm what we are doing here when we do hear the positives over the negatives, or receive high praise from long-time community members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they answer item petitions once every 6 months for red, they been gone, 2-3 pod casts for LNS policy then no where to be found, havent seen a gm on red in months

log on blue always about 4 at any given time giving our unicorn illusions
Up until recently, I was on Red almost every day. Sirken stops in when he is able. Aussie is always on red when he is in his allocated CSR time. Hell, even Eunomia stops in from time to time when she feels up to it.

I end up doing many red item reimbursements each week, item reimbursement threads don't go into a "red" and "blue" section of the petition forum - they are all clumped together in one giant pile. I start from the bottom of the pile and work my way forward (oldest date to newest), so anyone who bumps their petition is screwing themselves. Oddly enough, Sirken works the opposite way (top of the stack to the bottom) so if your thread is marked (sirken) or (Sirken, verified), bump it once a day.

I won't be offering CSR dispute as it relate to Red99 player disputes, scams, rule violations, etc.

I will, however, still be doing all of the database look-ups for both servers, since no one else has access to the back end database, which has significantly more information/power/tools than the "front-end", and only takes custom built queries so you can get the information you need so long as you know what you are doing. I'll also continue to handle RMT investigations/bans for both servers, as well as TPP (Third Party Program) usage, and anything else that requires a database look-up (which somehow ends up being needed for an inordinate amount of stuff), or is a 'black book' project assigned to me by Rogean or Nilbog that the player-base never hears about but nonetheless is essential to ensuring a consistent and enjoyable experience for everyone on both servers.

I still <3 Red 99 and will still be here offering support, you'll just be far less likely to see me in game. This will allow me to focus better on making sure items that poof due to server error get reimbursed faster, that disputes requiring database look-ups will get addressed sooner, and that other "derubael only/mostly derubael" petitions, like ban appeals, get processed more regularly.

Both Sirken and I have been working really hard on making sure we are holding consistent policies as often as possible on both Red and Blue, and do as much as we can to improve the play experiences of those who enjoy Project 1999 in the time we have available. Fortunately, we have an excellent CSR staff here to support us in doing that, and I can say in earnest that there is no way we could offer the level of support we currently do on Red and Blue without the assistance of Senior Guide Eunomia, and Guide's Aussie and Moregan. All 3 of these staff members are willing to go the extra mile to make sure that the "front-line" things that need to be taken care of are addressed as quickly as possible whenever they are online, and they are able to quickly identify and bring to our attention issues that need to be dealt with or resolved by a GM.

A very special thanks to Eunomia, who makes my life as database GM about a million times easier with her exhaustive front-end look-ups before I go backend digging. She often takes on projects that would take me upwards of an hour to do and instead substitutes her own time to cut that down to a fraction of what it should have been. IN addition to this she screens most/all of Sirken's reimbursement petitions, verifying them 100% so that all Sirken has to do it login, summon the items, close the thread and move to the next one. This entire verification process allows us to move quickly from reimbursement to reimbursement without getting bogged down in discovery work.

She is also our resident IP exemption Grandmaster, and has been almost single-handedly keeping the petition forum moving constantly in a forward direction ever since being brought on staff. If you've requested an IP exemption in the last 6 months, you likely had it granted within 24 hours, as opposed to the two, three, sometimes upwards of a month that it used to take for these to be given. She continues to step forward to not only meet, but exceed even our most demanding expectations. If you see her in-game, be sure to thank her for everything she does - you never know if you might be the next person to end up with a poofed item or a goofed drop transfer!

oh, and if you are rude to her, or any of our Guides for that matter, we'll come down on you so fast and with such deadly precision you will still be sitting at your computer a week later trying to figure out what "Your account has been banned" means, and why that message pops up on every account you own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<3,
deru
Last edited by Derubael; 10-04-2014 at 07:46 AM..
Old 10-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Kobold

people tend to forget this isn't a monthly paid game. everyone should be grateful for the time the GMS put in
Old 10-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

I have no problems with our gms, just wih nilbogs no wipe policy and maybe with derubaels holocaust viewpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just wanted to chime in and say thx Nirgon, and everyone else who stops by my PM box/tell window/forums to give us support. It's easy to forget that there is a very vocal minority who will never be happy no matter what we do, and that they will always cry the loudest and be heard most often. We perform in our positions without the expectations of thanks or congratulations, but that doesn't mean it doesn't help to re-affirm what we are doing here when we do hear the positives over the negatives, or receive high praise from long-time community members.

Up until recently, I was on Red almost every day. Sirken stops in when he is able. Aussie is always on red when he is in his allocated CSR time. Hell, even Eunomia stops in from time to time when she feels up to it.

I end up doing many red item reimbursements each week, item reimbursement threads don't go into a "red" and "blue" section of the petition forum - they are all clumped together in one giant pile. I start from the bottom of the pile and work my way forward (oldest date to newest), so anyone who bumps their petition is screwing themselves. Oddly enough, Sirken works the opposite way (top of the stack to the bottom) so if your thread is marked (sirken) or (Sirken, verified), bump it once a day.

I won't be offering CSR dispute as it relate to Red99 player disputes, scams, rule violations, etc.

I will, however, still be doing all of the database look-ups for both servers, since no one else has access to the back end database, which has significantly more information/power/tools than the "front-end", and only takes custom built queries so you can get the information you need so long as you know what you are doing. I'll also continue to handle RMT investigations/bans for both servers, as well as TPP (Third Party Program) usage, and anything else that requires a database look-up (which somehow ends up being needed for an inordinate amount of stuff), or is a 'black book' project assigned to me by Rogean or Nilbog that the player-base never hears about but nonetheless is essential to ensuring a consistent and enjoyable experience for everyone on both servers.

I still <3 Red 99 and will still be here offering support, you'll just be far less likely to see me in game. This will allow me to focus better on making sure items that poof due to server error get reimbursed faster, that disputes requiring database look-ups will get addressed sooner, and that other "derubael only/mostly derubael" petitions, like ban appeals, get processed more regularly.

Both Sirken and I have been working really hard on making sure we are holding consistent policies as often as possible on both Red and Blue, and do as much as we can to improve the play experiences of those who enjoy Project 1999 in the time we have available. Fortunately, we have an excellent CSR staff here to support us in doing that, and I can say in earnest that there is no way we could offer the level of support we currently do on Red and Blue without the assistance of Senior Guide Eunomia, and Guide's Aussie and Moregan. All 3 of these staff members are willing to go the extra mile to make sure that the "front-line" things that need to be taken care of are addressed as quickly as possible whenever they are online, and they are able to quickly identify and bring to our attention issues that need to be dealt with or resolved by a GM.

A very special thanks to Eunomia, who makes my life as database GM about a million times easier with her exhaustive front-end look-ups before I go backend digging. She often takes on projects that would take me upwards of an hour to do and instead substitutes her own time to cut that down to a fraction of what it should have been. IN addition to this she screens most/all of Sirken's reimbursement petitions, verifying them 100% so that all Sirken has to do it login, summon the items, close the thread and move to the next one. This entire verification process allows us to move quickly from reimbursement to reimbursement without getting bogged down in discovery work.

She is also our resident IP exemption Grandmaster, and has been almost single-handedly keeping the petition forum moving constantly in a forward direction ever since being brought on staff. If you've requested an IP exemption in the last 6 months, you likely had it granted within 24 hours, as opposed to the two, three, sometimes upwards of a month that it used to take for these to be given. She continues to step forward to not only meet, but exceed even our most demanding expectations. If you see her in-game, be sure to thank her for everything she does - you never know if you might be the next person to end up with a poofed item or a goofed drop transfer!

oh, and if you are rude to her, or any of our Guides for that matter, we'll come down on you so fast and with such deadly precision you will still be sitting at your computer a week later trying to figure out what "Your account has been banned" means, and why that message pops up on every account you own [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<3,
deru
i read everything and i just have one questions, does euonomia like ducks? if so, give her my # TIA.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Banned

It was aussie who created my alt guild "Ghostbusters" like 30 min after i petitioned, so yea... 6 months
Closed Thread