Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 12:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawhi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And gear too for that matter. I just laugh at all these pussy Iksar necros who have to use gear. Man up, put your points in wisdom, and fight naked.
I have done that, kinda. All agility 5 stamina for my newbie butt dark elf necro. That including my 50 skill hide ability makes me a superior player to those who went +int/sta on iksar race.

By the way, feel free to provide those clothing items so I may leave the starting area with confidence! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2015, 09:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar's extra regen is very situational, despite all the fancy talk that the iksars will spew about how "overwhelmingly important" it is and how much it is "superior" to other races. Iksar regen is a crutch, used by necros who just aren't very good at the class.
Yikes...I'm guessing you've never played an Necro.

Only people who have played an iksar and non-iksar Necro can really chime in on how important regen is. I followed Sesserdrix's advice since he seems to be the most knowledgeable Necro on these forums. Look up his posts, seriously...
Old 07-10-2015, 03:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes...I'm guessing you've never played an Necro.

Only people who have played an iksar and non-iksar Necro can really chime in on how important regen is. I followed Sesserdrix's advice since he seems to be the most knowledgeable Necro on these forums. Look up his posts, seriously...
You are one of the many necro sheep on this server playing iksar, I feel sorry for you but I won't hold it against you. I hope you enjoy the race, honestly... Your smug superiority only brings a smile to us non-iksar necros, trust me on that.. You truly have taken the path of Sesserdrix, hah!
Last edited by Brujean; 07-10-2015 at 03:30 AM..
Old 07-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are one of the many necro sheep on this server playing iksar, I feel sorry for you but I won't hold it against you. I hope you enjoy the race, honestly... Your smug superiority only brings a smile to us non-iksar necros, trust me on that.. You truly have taken the path of Sesserdrix, hah!
Jesus christ you sound like a toolbag.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously. I'm not the minmaxer guy but when you have Lich spells... How do you not go Iksar?
Didn't read all posts. To the OP.

Because I made my necro before kunark came out.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-10-2015, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't read all posts. To the OP.

Because I made my necro before kunark came out.
Amen to that. Glad you didn't read most of this crap
Old 07-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making broad statements like all Iksar necros are bad necros is probably the fastest way to show you have literally zero idea of what you're talking about.
How about saying it another way like:

Non-Iksar necromancers are more challenging to play than Iksar necromancers due to their lack of innate regeneration, extra armor class, incredible starting zone, and loot areas.
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 07-10-2015, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

^

I've known people that are excellent players that rolled necro other than Iksar because they felt like it and they do just fine. A friend of mine rolled Erudite Nec alt and got him to 60. Its not a horrible choice because you can crank all your points into Sta due to the high Int total. Erudites make the best int casters IMHO due to not only to high int but their high Sta, racial MR bonus, and rarity/awesomeness. Gnome isn't bad either, though they have less Int.

I also think some people are trying to say that despite the Iksar regen advantage some people still suck. Its an accurate statement lol
Old 07-10-2015, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beinen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, for the record, I made a Dark Elf necro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you'll do okay
Old 07-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you'll do okay
Thanks, so far my piercing skill has brought me success!
Closed Thread