Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 01:06 AM
Banned

that would make sense except that gender reassignment surgery doesn't cause death but cigarette smoking does

do you special order your opinions from dumb retard magazine?
Old 11-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Banned

Sid is just worried the ban on snacks is next
Old 11-26-2015, 01:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that would make sense except that gender reassignment surgery doesn't cause death but cigarette smoking does

do you special order your opinions from dumb retard magazine?
Dumb retard. Flagged for redundancy. Please try again.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:23 AM
Banned

how many yards penalty
Old 11-26-2015, 07:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A person close to me succeeded
Edit: she was hell to live with for like 6 months.
So this is what they mean when they say nicotine is more addictive substance than opiates/heroin.

Most people without pre-existing conditions would be recovered in 2-3 months tops off a heavy year+ long daily narcotic habit.

this nicotine receptor shit is boggling to me. it seems to be easier to kick a cocaine habit too, I have zero experience with nicotine only what club friends from a decade ago have told me. They said the big stuff was cold turkey no problem, drugs A to Z they were able to pick up and drop, even the hard stuff. None of them successfully got of off their nicotine habit and were equally baffled as I was hearing about it. And I do mean none of them.

Nicotine is an underrated little beast, to be certain.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Last edited by AzzarTheGod; 11-26-2015 at 07:13 AM..
Old 11-26-2015, 08:00 AM
Planar Protector

Maerilith, I actually like you as a person and would honestly feel bad if I offended you. Sometimes I come across harsher than I intend to. I feel like I've gotten to know you a tiny bit from a couple of our PM conversations and I think you're a pretty decent person.

However, I still stand by my nanny-state bloated-government comments because I feel strongly about keeping the government the fuck out of our personal lives by banning shit that's bad for us. It's been done before and was an utter failure. (Prohibition, anyone?). Obviously smoking is stupid and it kills people, but so many things could fall into that category it would be ridiculous to attempt to make a difference by "banning" anything.

I probably wouldn't have gotten annoyed enough to respond to the whole "ban cigarettes" comment if I wasn't so fucking crabby from not being able to eat or get any real sleep for the better part of a week. To make a long story as short as possible... my tooth broke in half, nerve exposed, massive infection developed, first antibiotic fails, swelling & pain intensifies, second antibiotic giving me nausea, and Vicodin ES is a weenie-ass pain killer.

I wish I could fall into a coma and wake up all better in a week. This shit is worse than giving birth. Not even kidding.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maerilith, I actually like you as a person and would honestly feel bad if I offended you. Sometimes I come across harsher than I intend to. I feel like I've gotten to know you a tiny bit from a couple of our PM conversations and I think you're a pretty decent person.

However, I still stand by my nanny-state bloated-government comments because I feel strongly about keeping the government the fuck out of our personal lives by banning shit that's bad for us. It's been done before and was an utter failure. (Prohibition, anyone?). Obviously smoking is stupid and it kills people, but so many things could fall into that category it would be ridiculous to attempt to make a difference by "banning" anything.

I probably wouldn't have gotten annoyed enough to respond to the whole "ban cigarettes" comment if I wasn't so fucking crabby from not being able to eat or get any real sleep for the better part of a week. To make a long story as short as possible... my tooth broke in half, nerve exposed, massive infection developed, first antibiotic fails, swelling & pain intensifies, second antibiotic giving me nausea, and Vicodin ES is a weenie-ass pain killer.

I wish I could fall into a coma and wake up all better in a week. This shit is worse than giving birth. Not even kidding.
i absolutely agree, we dont need govt telling us everything, in fact we dont need big govt at all.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Banned

In my line of work there is a big stigma attached to smoking. It can affect your voice and looks, and if anyone thinks you are doing it you are seen in a different light when looking for work, even if it hasn't had that big an effect yet.

Even Michael Richards smoking cigars on the set of the show for a scene was considered rather scandalous on set and in the community of TV people, and he has obviously had some hard times since then.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:30 AM
Large Rat

I just quit recently, it's all in your head honestly

For the hand to mouth habit tho I started eatin sunflower seeds when I got the urges it helped out a ton
Old 11-26-2015, 11:15 AM
Kobold

Two things that helped me to quit. Candy to suck on as has been suggested already (I used lemon drops). Also, stay physically active. When the cravings are driving you crazy get off your ass and do something physical. Work out or something.

That was probably more feasible for me than for some because I live on a farm. I was cutting firewood and doing repairs I had put off and stuff like that pretty intensely for a couple of weeks until the cravings subsided to a less maddening level.

But for full disclosure I have to admit that after two years nicotine free I got re-addicted. I was stressing out about some stuff and a friend who smokes was around and I took a cigarette from him, bad mistake. For like six or seven months I was able to keep it down to just a smoke or two on the weekends but it gradually increased until I was fully hooked again. Now I'm sucking on chaw instead of smoking but it's still nicotine. Gonna have to go through it all again at some point.
Closed Thread