Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:06 PM
Kobold

Normally, I read posts on this forum and conclude that 99% of the people here are pieces of shit - but this thread is actually kinda nice.

So, maybe 99% of the people here are only pieces of shit 57% of the time. The rest of the time, ya'll ain't so bad.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Banned

Hey guys,

my graphic designer's son is a heroin addict. Last week he stole all of her money from the bank. Then he emptied her non-profit accounts. Afterwards, he tried to hang himself in her basement. She had to cut him down.

Today, he had to have his thumb amputated because his compromised immune system cannot fight off the STAF infection he gave himself. Pain medicine was ineffective because of his heroin abuse. They had to manually hold him down and amputate the thumb while he was conscious.

heroin is not a joke.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

^That is some heavy shit. you didn't need to share that with us. If anyone knows someone suffering from addiction help them get better. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
subsidizing the behavior perpetuates the misery of the addicts, their families and all those around them. promoting suffering for the chance at placating one's own conscience in a good deed is inhumane. most empaths cant see the reason behind their feelings and most people endeavoring to cultivate their own empathy simply affect the thoughtless stance of the empath :c don't make others suffer so you can feel righteous.
Maybe you lack the empathy to see the thought behind it. Deferment of death means a chance for recovery. Death forfeits that. It's very simple.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have you ever done heroin or are you LARPing its pretty addictive man. if you don't think a chemical can be addictive go snort some MXE and get back to me lol. habitual and chemical addictions are not the same, though both can simultaneously exist. idk wake me up when people start getting pot dependency withdrawls.
I've never done H, but opiates in general are a whole different animal. It is because they mimic the natural chemical(s) related to reward so well (most drugs do this to some degree). Our body naturally pumps us with this stuff when we do something good, like make more humans.

Then this is coupled with the way the body reacts when it's taken away (dependence).

Not everyone will be susceptible to an opiate addiction equally. I find those with anxiety and depression especially will LOVE the way an opiate feels. It's like they are reborn into someone new, and many will prefer therapeutic doses and you'll never know. That's a sign they are lacking chemically somewhere in the brain, and the opiate is filling it. Most opiate addicts aren't "junkies" btw.

Of course, this doesn't last as the body fights against it's reward system being broken down. The reward system in the brain is a big part of what we are and how we got here. It's a battle against millions of years of evolution.

The dependency feeds the underlying depression, the pathways become more and more locked into "I need this to be happy." It's a vicious circle, and you Literally develop a second voice that is more convincing than fricken God. And it's because you've replaced the essence of what being human is with this little pill. And you will never love anything again quite like it, especially yourself. So, don't do it. =)

If you like that shit and do it every once in a while, you are living every addicts story. You think you have absolute control, but things can change, something goes wrong, you gain easy access. Anyways, this is getting long and rambling and I could write about this all day. And yes, this does describe a lot of addictions, but opiates are just so fricken good at it.
Last edited by Lemonhead; 01-31-2018 at 07:53 AM..
Old 01-31-2018, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4955026/

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope you suffer a horrible accident and get addicted to pain meds. Then I hope the doctor notices your drug seeking behavior and cuts you off like the worthless drug addict you are. But hey you have a decent job and know a guy who sells pills so whatever. Then your money runs low and you have to seek other alternatives. Then I hope you end up in a ditch chocking on your own vomit from a fentanyl overdose, doesnt take much! Fuck you.
This is the route it takes so often. Go to a jail, ask people how they began heroin, and almost every time you get "I started on pills."

Heroin is quite cheap in comparison naturally if the pill supply is cut off an addict is going to find a solution to their addiction.

Spyder, you can't take one example of your brother getting off drugs from going to jail as proof jail is good for people. Just be thankful, you are fortunate and so is he.

Lots of different factors involved when it comes to how individuals handle drug addictions and just because one person goes to jail and stops after jail and another doesn't isn't proof that the one who continues doing drugs after jail doesn't want to stop.

As for giving free drug paraphernalia, it isn't encouraging the drug addict to do more drugs. The fact is they are going to do drugs regardless if needles are clean or are needles they found dirty/used in a toilet somewhere.

Providing clean needles could possibly save not just the user from contracting a disease, but also those who they may meet in the future, someone they may end up in a relationship with. It could save a family from losing a loved one. etc. etc.

I have no idea how people confuse drug paraphernalia centers as drug use encouragement centers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-31-2018, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spyder, you can't take one example of your brother getting off drugs from going to jail as proof jail is good for people. Just be thankful, you are fortunate and so is he.
Yes, in general, this has been proven wrong. The true addict doesn't need to stop the drug so much as he needs to heal his mind. The underlying cause of the addiction is much more compelling than the drug itself. And jail isn't the best place to be re-writing healthy neural pathways.

Most come out and use again eventually. And most deaths are from people with lowered tolerance misjudging dosages.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe you lack the empathy to see the thought behind it. Deferment of death means a chance for recovery. Death forfeits that. It's very simple.
im not saying people should die ceci. im saying that subsidizing destructive behavior is wrong, more wrong in fact than doing nothing. yeah, it may be possible to negate some of the potential consequences, but you are compeling individuals to suffer and not just the ones who are behaving destructively, but also their families, friends and every other person around them. it's wrong. the inclination to want to help isn't what's wrong. acting on that inclination viscerally with no regard for the consequence is.

if you want to do something good, help them stop. help them fix themself or help them manage their problems. don't give them a place to safely continue destroying themself. that's awful :c
Old 01-31-2018, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

I find a lot of times the people supporting these "safe havens" to shoot up are very pro drug and believe people should have the right destroy themselves if they want. The problem with that are obvious reasons you mentioned mm, it's destructive to not only themselves, but their families and friends. And definitely a colossal waste of money and resources to fund / sustain this. The answer definitely isn't enabling this behavior.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Closed Thread