Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck Dazzle, Calm gives ya 3 minutes
Everyone knows you can calm a pet while it is still charmed right?

I played years on p99 before I knew that.
Old 05-20-2018, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

I found CoM 2nd floor to be faster XP than HS at 50-54. It drags at 55 though, at which point I did HS until 60.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

mindblown
Old 05-20-2018, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I assume most higher level Enchanter's know. I always figured this works because Calm is treated similar to a buff, as in you can cast it on yourself then click it off.
Old 05-21-2018, 01:54 AM
Fire Giant

when other chanters die, it's cuz they are "not skilled" or "below average chanters"

when they die its cuz of "RNG" or "im lazy" or "accident"

such a great logic u delusional noob
Old 05-21-2018, 08:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

This is awesome! Thanks, Tecmos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I didn't know this as a level 59 enchanter... I always figured that it would just get resisted like other debuffs on pets.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeriele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
96 seconds = intentionally break pet and Dazzle it, recharm when you get back from the break (before Dazzle's 96 second duration expires).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck Dazzle, Calm gives ya 3 minutes
Quote:

Can you be a little more specific about this? I get breaking the charm and mezzing the pet for a quick pee pee break, or whatever, but what would Calm do in this context and how exactly would you use it? I have a little experience charming on druid/necro and absolutely zero as an enchanter.
Old 05-30-2018, 03:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you be a little more specific about this? I get breaking the charm and mezzing the pet for a quick pee pee break, or whatever, but what would Calm (or any lull with a Pacify effect, I presume?) do in this context and how exactly would you use it? I have a little experience charming on a druid and necro and absolutely zero as an enchanter.
Calming a pet, breaking charm, and then blurring it will cause it to path back to its original location. Given the agro radius on calmed mobs is essentially 0 (I mean, I’ve been ON TOP of some mobs without agroing), it effectively gives you 3 minutes of safety after the blur. Because you can calm your pet before breaking it, this allows you to just blur it without having to worry about hard CC to then calm. My order of operations is usually: calm, break, mez, blur, if i want it to go home. Fetter and then blur if I want it to stay close.

That being said, at high levels a pop kills you so fast if you’re AFK that I won’t AFK for more than a few seconds unless I know I’m in a safe spot, even without a pet.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calming a pet, breaking charm, and then blurring it will cause it to path back to its original location. Given the agro radius on calmed mobs is essentially 0 (I mean, I’ve been ON TOP of some mobs without agroing), it effectively gives you 3 minutes of safety after the blur. Because you can calm your pet before breaking it, this allows you to just blur it without having to worry about hard CC to then calm. My order of operations is usually: calm, break, mez, blur, if i want it to go home. Fetter and then blur if I want it to stay close.

That being said, at high levels a pop kills you so fast if you’re AFK that I won’t AFK for more than a few seconds unless I know I’m in a safe spot, even without a pet.
When leveling I generally have GINA set up to keep track of the pop timers for every mob in my rotation, which is helpful for determining when things are likely to pop on top of you (or not).
Old 05-31-2018, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That makes more sense. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaeriele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When leveling I generally have GINA set up to keep track of the pop timers for every mob in my rotation, which is helpful for determining when things are likely to pop on top of you (or not).
I do this too. I've found that I need to make sure I'm standing almost on top of the mob as it dies or the log/GINA won't pick up the kill message.
Closed Thread