Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

Silver Chitin wrists are regularly worn by rogues for 9-10k per pair and a large part of their value is the 40 HP each. In a vacuum 80 hp doesn't sound like much, but every part adds up and helps your surviveability in the middle of a dragon ae.

The +25 for 200k was hyperbole, but we see how much value 40 HP, or 80 HP adds to an item, and how some of the most top end lusted after gear tends to have a +100 HP stat line. In a vacuum "how much does 100 HP really mean to a tank or melee character?" but in reality people are clawing over each other to get their hands on it. Even items with +50 HP are really really good items short of the bleeding edge ToV level stuff.

Bottom line STR is trivial, STA/HP not so much. Starting with the points in stats is absolutely important, but not worth rerolling over either if the time to level is valuable to the player.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:04 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larethan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong. I told the OP that he's fine with going STR on DWF Rogue for a new character. I picked a bone with all the people saying that starting stats are irrelevant, which is false. If OP had gone say, all CHA or INT on his toon I would have advised him to re-roll

The ironic part of you telling me to 'read the thread' is that you provably demonstrated that you didn't read the thread.
Of course I read it and I know what you told him. It's highly doubtful even the most noobish of players would go CHA or INT on a rogue so that's irrelevant. The point I'm making along with most of the other people that replied in this thread is whether he put that 20 points in STR, DEX or STA, in the long run it isn't going to make a whole hell of a lot of difference. You seem to be one of those OCD min/maxers I talked about earlier that thinks it will. You can go on thinking that but don't come in here and try to use that as a basis to say everyone else is wrong.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:02 AM
Aviak

Regular stats effect your char indirectly, i.e. more sta = equals slightly more hps, more str = slightly more attack, more agi = slightly more AC. Since what matters is the actual dmg you can do to a mob and the dmg you can take from a mob, the indirect effect of regular stats is marginal at best. The only thing that matters are the improvements that directly effect your char i.e. haste, regen items, FT items, dmg/dly of weapon, avatar proc for the Atk, racial regen/stun immunity, and HP/mana items. Those are the only things you should worry about. Worrying about regular stats is OCD since it doesnt matter unless you purposely just gimp your char by wearing something like banded armor at lvl 60. The only exceptions are the few special circumstances such as CHA to an ench using charm
Old 06-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

With little exception it doesn't matter much...about 1/3 of classes aren't even gear dependent.

The difference between ogre and nome stats for an untwinked baby warrior are a big deal, but the difference between a nome with the optimally chosen stats and a nome with the least optimally chosen stats is fairly negligible.

There are a couple of exceptions on the margins (like don't let your agility be too low at start), but by and large it would be almost non-existent except for the most discerning of parses.

Generally speaking, for the classes that stats make a big difference you will easily make up for it in even pre-raid gear with group buffs.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

I went max STR on my Iksar Necromancer and it's made zero difference. I can still perform exactly the same on raids as max INT or max STAM necros and solo the exact same things. Hope this helps. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 06-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Planar Protector

Putting all your points into Charisma unless you are a Shaman that can buff it over 104 is the true power move of P99.
Closed Thread