Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2020, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules are rules, if someone gets the item they farmed. And another player is there and contesting. The contesting player gets it. This is why when you get to a camp, ask for the list SS it. So if their some horrid bad troll, who tries to change said list 6 hours later. You have proof. Congrats camp is yours. Enjoy your adventure

P.S. to Snortles, I believe the rules is for any special camp, IE if it drops an item unique to it or a hand few of mobs. Not something that is common drop shared between 100 of mobs. Btw Snortles did you get banned and make a new account(I remember you pre green as fellow SK talks alot.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Canelek Lore items can only be looted once per toon(unless they corpse it, or have friend run down and loot). By p99 rules though your more then allowed to camp items until you get it. But by p99 rules if someone wants said camp and you got item already, they can petition you 2 leave(As long as there isnt a for sure list). You may not agree with it. But its how admins wanted it. Its their server.
Although I hate those obnoxious YouTube ads, this guy "needs to get grammarly"... I ticked so much reading this I now have Tourette's.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
inb4 Loramin forum dunked by senior elven mgmt (again)
I assume you mean that time when I said "Nilbog deliberately sets unclassic ZEMs to maintain classic mystery", and then Nilbog replied with "Source?" ... and then a couple months later (despite Dolalain filing the actual/classic ZEMS) Nilbog changed all the ZEMS on the server to new unclassic ZEMs that maintain classic mystery?

Yeah, I was sure "dunked" on then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

LoL won't deny my grammer sucks, bc its online. Why worry about grammer.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I was sure "dunked" on
Old 05-19-2020, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
LoL won't deny my grammer sucks, bc its online. Why worry about grammer.
I don't actually care... but the sheer volume of errors almost sent me into a seizure. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-19-2020, 05:17 PM
Banned

Grammarly made me get youtube adblock from chrome
Old 05-20-2020, 09:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as I can tell, it has nothing to do with value in the "how much does it sell in EC?" sense, and everything to do with value in the "does someone else want the camp?" sense.

If someone else wants the camp and you get the item, you have to give up the camp. Period. You can try and rules lawyer all you want, but the intent of the rules seems 100% clear to me. But those same rules also apply in reverse: you can take the camp back after they get the item.

If this is an issue, you should really pick an XP camp that isn't a desired treasure camp.
How do you know they got legs? Just because the named spawns doesn't mean he dropped them. ancient croc you stay as long as you want. AC spawns he auto has the ring, you leave.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate23 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you know they got legs? Just because the named spawns doesn't mean he dropped them. ancient croc you stay as long as you want. AC spawns he auto has the ring, you leave.
Of course. As a result, you couldn't practically /petition to complain unless someone has been there a really long time, and then a GM could decide how to handle it.

It's like I keep saying: the rules here exist to handle legitimate disputes between players ... not give forum elf lawyers reasons to do crazy things. If Bob has had (Guk) AC camp for an hour, and you want the camp ... well, too bad.

You can /petition after an hour, but the it's unlikely the GM is going to give you the camp. But if you've seen Bob sit there for eight hours at the camp? Sixteen? At some point the GM is likely to come back to the basic principle I keep repeating.

That principle is that this is a free server that everyone gets to play on out of the generosity of the staff. You have absolutely no "rights" to anything on that server, and to the contrary the same people who made the server also want its players to not be total selfish assholes, and instead to share scarce resources on the server.

As for what the exact magic number is for "how long is too long to hold AC camp"? That's not spelled out in any "book of rulings", so it's 100% up to the GM that responds to the /petition. And again:

Quote:
To issue perfectly consistent rulings all the time they'd need to use (and maintain) a giant "book of rulings". That would be asking even more of our already overworked (and 100% volunteer) staff, so having inconsistent rulings ... but more volunteer time dedicated to helping us ... seems like the better option.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Of course. As a result, you couldn't practically /petition to complain unless someone has been there a really long time, and then a GM could decide how to handle it.

It's like I keep saying: the rules here exist to handle legitimate disputes between players ... not give forum elf lawyers reasons to do crazy things. If Bob has had (Guk) AC camp for an hour, and you want the camp ... well, too bad.

You can /petition after an hour, but the it's unlikely the GM is going to give you the camp. But if you've seen Bob sit there for eight hours at the camp? Sixteen? At some point the GM is likely to come back to the basic principle I keep repeating.

That principle is that this is a free server that everyone gets to play on out of the generosity of the staff. You have absolutely no "rights" to anything on that server, and to the contrary the same people who made the server also want its players to not be total selfish assholes, and instead to share scarce resources on the server.

As for what the exact magic number is for "how long is too long to hold AC camp"? That's not spelled out in any "book of rulings", so it's 100% up to the GM that responds to the /petition. And again:
True but this sounds like a rule the GMs would have no interest in seeing as it would simply create more disputes and work for them. People would be petitioning that someone would have been there too long, then they’d have to go check the logs for the past several hours, and I bet a decent amount of the time the item won’t have dropped so it would have been a moot petition. Current system is better. If they’re there, they have the camp. Simple.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current system is better.
You're clearly confused: there is no "current system" (vs. anything). Derubael's comment (the one that this whole entire thread is about) is not some new change to the rules ... it's a quote from 2014!

There's no "new and old" systems, but what I think is confusing you is that there is a "fantasy system that exists only in the minds of forum elf lawyers" vs. "what the GMs actually do in the game". The "current system" (of the GMs abiding by the PnP, but otherwise doing what they feel is best in-game) has been the exact same since even before 2014.

Closed Thread