Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2021, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Loeffler was a literal insider trader. She used privileged pandemic information from her senate committee position back in January to divest herself from stocks that were about to crash and invest in stocks that would perform well in pandemic life, while simultaneously downplaying the pandemic to the American public. Should have ended up in prison or the guillotine but just happy the scumcunt lost her seat.
I'm not a fan of Loeffler, but to be fair anyone with a modicum of intelligence and bare bones understanding of the markets and the various industry spaces would be able to do this same thing. You didn't need inside information to understand how this was going to impact different industries and companies.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not a fan of Loeffler, but to be fair anyone with a modicum of intelligence and bare bones understanding of the markets and the various industry spaces would be able to do this same thing. You didn't need inside information to understand how this was going to impact different industries and companies.
Yeah but while she was doing that, the (GOP) president, and the (GOP) senate were downplaying the seriousness of COVID, and insisting that it was all just a made up hoax. Her committee knew that this was not the case, and instead of warning Americans about the shit coming down the pipe, she misled while she enriched herself. How you can defend that is...well, not surprising, if you've been defending Trump's similar malfeasance over the last four years, I guess.
Old 01-06-2021, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

How the turn tables. MAGA neanderthals fighting cops livestream
Old 01-06-2021, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

I wouldn't call that fighting (yet) hopefully the cold weather makes those people go home and get some good rest. So they can process what they went thru today.

Really what we are seeing is people who can't cope with the future and present, with limted resources, and with a shrinking economy, its going to shrink no matter what they do, we are going to reach a bottleneck and continue, no matter who is in charge.. They got left in the past. I wouldn't call them neandertalls, but when they were kids, they didn't grow up with the kind of strife high populations and rising poverty brings. They didn't grow up with masked police that look like bots. They didn't grow up in a black neighboorhood in Detroit.

A few did live through stuff like the Kenn State shootings were national guard shot ppl protesting vietnam, but 'those were tthose other people making trouble' in a distant memory to them. My parents from uptown NY lived through the race riots that shook NY and Chicago. And buildings burning. And keeping weapons under their bed. Guess what they are all democrat's for the last 50 years. Because they saw what got them into that situation. My uncle grew up with racism, he told me some crazy stories about racism. A lot of people just ... didn't get exposed to it because their communities were insulated. And the lived on a farm or ranch were they didn't have to deal with it. Or face it in themselves.

Not the millions of christmas dinners were they didn't suffer what they oppose out of a lack of information and experience.

Granted ya, I'm bloodthirsty at the "ignorance" but I am not gonna encourage a purge of these protesters today, they are really being dumb.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-06-2021 at 02:50 PM..
Old 01-06-2021, 02:56 PM
Fire Giant

Joe won the election. Joe Mama.
Old 01-06-2021, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

merrick garland for AG. has beef.

trump might actually go to jail
Old 01-06-2021, 03:03 PM
Planar Protector

when does pence do the thing where he tries to load trumps last saved game?
Old 01-06-2021, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wow, just wow
Old 01-06-2021, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but while she was doing that, the (GOP) president, and the (GOP) senate were downplaying the seriousness of COVID, and insisting that it was all just a made up hoax. Her committee knew that this was not the case, and instead of warning Americans about the shit coming down the pipe, she misled while she enriched herself. How you can defend that is...well, not surprising, if you've been defending Trump's similar malfeasance over the last four years, I guess.
True, but again anyone with any shred of intelligence would know that it was going to be a serious issue once it got to America (maybe not that it would still be here at the end of the year, I don't think anyone knew that, but that the markets would be affected for at least a couple months)
Old 01-06-2021, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

I really wish we lived in a sci fi movie instead of a basic cable news channel.
Closed Thread