Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-23-2022, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've camped many pained souls between blue and green, I think the shortest one was about 45 min, and that was after somebody else got him and I was next in line. I think the longest one was about 45 hours total over several sessions.

Yeah he's just rare and rng is rng. On green I've seen two pop back to back before, but I wasn't #1 or 2 on list so wompwomp.
You guys raiding VP yet?
Old 12-23-2022, 06:03 PM
Orc

at the 100 hour mark. Finally spawned
Old 12-24-2022, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Grats!!!!

Are you close to closing the quest?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-26-2022, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Pained soul currently dropping 2x medallion pieces, but since it's still a /list camp the other one is forced to rot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Even though #2 moves up to #1 when he dies, the corpse is still locked to only the person who was #1 when they killed him.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Person #1 can corpse the duplicate and use it later for an MQ (for person #2 or anyone else) if they want.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

True, if the person camping it can bind nearby. If not good luck getting back there before corpse rots.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Could die and rez to corpse too if the option is present?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-26-2022, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

For sure, could definitely coordinate with somebody else to rez you, but then *they'd* have to be bound there in order to quickly arrive right after PS is killed. Or just sit there and camp it with you. Or camp out a cleric bot that people account share... but I still think account sharing should be illegal!
Old 03-04-2023, 03:06 AM
Skeleton

I am at the end of a 12 hour stint at this camp, with 26 hours total now. That is as much personally that I am prepared to commit to this silly objective. The rarity of this spawn is totally self-defeating from a game play standpoint. There is a point for everyone where better judgment has to kick in and decide that these hours of my life I will never get back and is the entertainment value of P99 worth it.

Back in the day I quit EQ around Luclin over stuff like this, decided that the enjoyment factor just wasn't enough to justify continuing. Verant and Sony never saw a penny from me again.

Hopefully devs will listen to feedback on this thread and take it for its worth.
Old 03-04-2023, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiderpunk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am at the end of a 12 hour stint at this camp, with 26 hours total now. That is as much personally that I am prepared to commit to this silly objective. The rarity of this spawn is totally self-defeating from a game play standpoint. There is a point for everyone where better judgment has to kick in and decide that these hours of my life I will never get back and is the entertainment value of P99 worth it.

Back in the day I quit EQ around Luclin over stuff like this, decided that the enjoyment factor just wasn't enough to justify continuing. Verant and Sony never saw a penny from me again.

Hopefully devs will listen to feedback on this thread and take it for its worth.
My friend, this is the trade off you make when you consume literally any form of entertainment. I've watched multiple days worth of bad movies.

That being said, just do it in chunks. The chance of him spawning is exactly the same every 6 minutes. There's no rule that says you have to camp him for 12 hours at a time. VP will be farmed forever by any guild capable of farming it until the server ends, there is no rush. Multiple guilds worth of players have gotten this spawn, you can too!