Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Sarnak

This definetly should be taken care off. With the gear people have available at this stage of the server, Caster mob's are way out of whack.
It might have been making caster mobs a bit too easy in the early game, but with the armor updates of Luclin, it was fair at that time that NPC's got upped to mach player lvl more.
It's totally redicolous to be pnwed by a green shaman or Necro mob, that in classic would take less than 2 sec. to kill, if it were BLUE
Old 04-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

I concur. Several places I've been casters are nasty. Which makes me wonder maybe that why people are scared of Kedge and the seahorses. because I don't remember that area being a big deal.

And could be why several times my wife and I got our asses handed to us in Kerra Isle, but again in another post I think that zone isn't the original classic from mobs all the way to the layout. But I could be smoking crack on that.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe the devs don't know what to do to fix it and that is why they are not responding..... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know if this helps or hurts our cause but I found this in the EQ patch history:

SEPTEMBER 4, 2002
We've made some fairly drastic changes to the way the spell resistance system works. Previously, there was only the smallest benefit to having resists over a certain value. We've reworked resistance in its entirety, completely replacing the old system with one that is more logical.

The idea behind the changes is pretty simple: Resists should matter in a way that makes sense.

Important things to note about the new resistance system:

* Resists matter more for PCs. There are now tangible differences between having 50, 150, and 250 in a given resistance, for example. Resistance buffs, bard songs, and resist gear have actual value, all the way up the line.
* Conversely, resistances also matter more for NPCs. Some NPCs became more vulnerable to things they have always been vulnerable to, other NPCs became more resistant to things that they were inclined to be somewhat resistant to.
* Resistance debuffs should also have more value, all the way up the line. For the first time, resistance debuffs now have the ability to bring NPCs that were lure-style only down into the range of being hit by normal spells.
* The hard level limit involving players casting on NPCs has been removed. This used to be referred to in EQ folklore as the "Six Level Limit" (It was actually 1.25 times the caster's level, but more people likely thought about it the other way.) This means that in the vast majority of cases, there is at least a small chance that a person will be able to connect a spell with an NPC, even if they are out of that NPC's traditional level range.
* Overall, against NPCs that have medium-to-high resistances of a given type, expect to see more full hits, fewer partials, but more full resists in the new system. Taken over time, the damage done by PC casters to semi-high resistance NPCs should be approximately the same, but will definitely improve when the proper debuffs are applied (we wanted to make sure that this did not turn into a universal nerf of casters).

We look forward to seeing how these changes play out in front of a larger audience.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure that in order to actually increase your resist cap in Luclin you had to invest AA points into it. In other words we should not be able to achieve that high of a resist at all on this server ever. Is this correct?
Last edited by guineapig; 04-29-2010 at 12:04 PM..
Old 04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Skeleton

I don't get it, do you guys(developers) think this thread is going to go away if you just ignore it? Or are you afraid of the fallout a thread delete might cause?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexL4172 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't get it, do you guys(developers) think this thread is going to go away if you just ignore it? Or are you afraid of the fallout a thread delete might cause?
dont attack them, they have alot of work at theyr hands ... they will get to it when they have the time ... there is absolutly no reason to BS them ....
Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexL4172 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are fkkn retarded

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 AM
Skeleton

It takes two seconds for them to respond one way or the other. Your fucking retarded because you think there to busy to respond to this issue when they respond to issues just like these in this very same sub forum everyday yet they chose to go out of their way to ignore this one.

If they just said fuck that, it's to much work that would be fine with me, but they chose to just not respond at all.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
It takes two seconds for them to respond one way or the other. Your fucking retarded because you think there to busy to respond to this issue when they respond to issues just like these in this very same sub forum everyday yet they chose to go out of their way to ignore this one.

If they just said fuck that, it's to much work that would be fine with me, but they chose to just not respond at all.
Even tho he is raging, he has a point. Don't get me wrong I agree that you went about this the wrong way, but if any of the DEVS would do a post and at least put a blank message or a period in a post so that we know they have looked at this thread, well I'd probally dance naked, more so than I do now.

Holmes 50 nerco DA
Gretzky 21 ranger DA
Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I find the Fear/Charm spells to be the most broken ones; and having tried a few other servers, it seemed the same issue was going on elsewhere, too...

Good example of charm would be a fae drake emperor (http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3684). I was camping the wood elf chick for the Paineel cleric quest, parading around lesser faydark, killing whatever I saw roam. Engaged a plenty of these buggers, and at lvl50, I was being charmed by lvl16 enc mobs. Pretty much a 50/50 probability of them landing it. It usually broke pretty fast, but the fact that it lands is absurd. Wasn't wearing any bigger resist gear, so I'd say my MR was around 70. At lvl20 or so when you'd imagine yourself fighting these, that should be plenty enough to handle it. Add to that the resists of me being more than 30 levels above them, and the charm should land like 0.1% probability. Hell, do lvl16 encs even have a spell to charm anything above lvl40? =p

And then there's the lovelies of Fear/Hate.
Here's a good example: I was going around there with 180MR: aggroed 2 ire ghasts + some others at one point, FD failed and stood there to die... I resisted both of their HTs, few rounds of shroud of hates, some other crap like their dots or something, don't remember. Alot of times I found myself resisting HTs and whatever, some caster nukes (cleric nukes, revenant nukes, revenant choke-line spells, bard songs from banshees...). But whenever the ghasts would cast Inspire Fear, it's like I can resist it with a meagerly 1/6 possibility. And it'd stick for a full duration just about every time. Same with toads in Fear, the buggers just fear kite you around the zone for ages and you resist it once a decade, only for them to recast it the next second and land it again. More of the same would be going on with the shadowknight-mob Crusaders in Cazic Thule: they conned high green green to me while I was hunting them, and they kept landing fear just about every single time they'd feel like casting it. Everything else they or their chums threw at me was being resisted easy peasy.