Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not tempted by red whatsoever tbh, but I would definitely give a shot to a Tallon Zek/Vallon Zek, team pvp server. I thought the idea really cool back then and it would make it harder for a guild to dominate everything. With a bit of management say, make it impossible to create an avatar in the team with the strongest current player base of the 4 after some point if there's a lack of balance, it could be really cool IMO and would possibly/probably attract more players than red currently does.

I could be wrong, and I have no idea how easy/hard it is to modify rules, but it'd be worth a try IMO [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to see good/evil teams, but not the way it was on VZ/TZ. On those two servers, the teams could group and guild with one another, which would just cause every guild to include all 4 teams in these modern times. Would need hardcoded SZ-like teams.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

red99 does that too tbh
Um no to that one, and contrary to a previous post you had, epics aren't even out on Red yet.

Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Bad thread. Could have said everything you said by saying

"I think PvP is better than non-PvP. Therefore, p99 should be consolidated to one PvP server."

"Everyone should have to play like me even though my views are shared by less than 15% of the playerbase."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is partially why i'm glad so few issues are discretionary on blue. Although regardless how it is handled, every single EQ PvP server deteriorates into what you see on red. It's the nature of the beast.

Quote:
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Kobold

If I was forced into pvp I would leave the server and never come back.
I have no time for adolescent griefers.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I was forced into pvp I would leave the server and never come back.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not so different ~ Blue requires an adult (GM) to resolve their adolescent in-game issues. =)
Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

This is one of those threads where you read the first post, skip immediately to the end and submit a comment.

A comment, like this one, that adds absolutely nothing to the conversation because the conversation started and ended with a really bad idea in post #1.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:48 PM
Aviak

Well that's not very nice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Fire Giant

I balanced the scales by debasing my own comment, but it really isn't a good idea.

Look at it this way. I chose blue, not that there was much of a choice when I started playing here, but given the choice later on - still went with blue.

Not because I don't enjoy PvP or don't understand how a PvP atmosphere is fun. Hell, I beta'd EQ on RZ and played a rogue there on release before moving to TM and building Spitulski. I know where you're coming from, and so do some of the people I play with.

Still chose blue.

Implementing your idea would be telling me, and hundreds of others, that we don't know what we're talking about when it comes to PvP, that the reasons we chose playing on blue are irrelevant and all of the time invested into our blue characters is worthless.

So, it's either terrifically insulting to try to spin this as a good idea...or it's a bad idea. It's your choice to pick the description you identify with.