Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's not much to gain by trying either. The reasonable majority you claim to have is also a silent/quiet majority, at least by historic actions. I'd love for Velious to be a fresh start, but this is a case of "your only as strong as your weakest link,", and TMO is the weak link in the chain of cooperation. Walk your talk, Xasten.
Why should they share when they get everything as is and the only negative is the amount of tracking and batphoning, which is somewhat mitigated by the size of the guild? If I were in TMO I wouldn't want a rotation either. We have a ridiculous 11 guilds on the sky rotation. That means killing any particular target once every 2 months or more, even if we make some guilds double up. Even if they decided to take off say every other week people would just demand more.

The root problem of this server is the overcrowding at the high-end. The staff has come up with a solution that kinda sorta works for them by simply making the raid scene too obnoxious for most of the players, thus reducing the contention. Now in my opinion a solution that fucks over the vast majority of the server isn't a very good one, but the whole business just doesn't seem to be a very high priority.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 07-11-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Old 07-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned

Root of the problem is the quadruple extended Kunark time line
Old 07-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Lorean, I completely agree with your assessment of TMO's situation, "We already get it all, what do we gain from negotiations?" But Xasten isn't agreeing with your assessment, or at least he believes TMO would "mull over" concessions, and that's what I called him out on in my original post in this thread.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes.

Although, I think that this has more to do with the amount of level 60s rather than the lack of content. Obviously even most hardcore raiders were not 60 before Velious on live. Furthermore, the issue of people (such as myself) having multiple decked out level 60 characters allows guilds to just camp fully-buffed guys on vital spawn points. This is something that is going to be done again for ST keys for the next 2-3 years.

Again, Velious brings a lot of content, but that content is also going to be dead on spawning like it is now. People are absolutely delusional in thinking that Velious is going to bring so much content that it cannot be locked down. Even mobs like Scout Charisa and Vindi are going be cutthroat.

At some point you realize that this is a far different game than live and ability to mass recruit, track, batphone, and rule-lawyer matters far more than anything else.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it had more to do with VP keys being soulbound and VP being "kept away" as punishment for a extra extended time. That just snowballed everything else, when one or two guilds should have been wiping and spending weeks on end just for VP dragons. That didn't happen, and it forced people to act like animals.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it had more to do with VP keys being soulbound and VP being "kept away" as punishment for a extra extended time. That just snowballed everything else, when one or two guilds should have been wiping and spending weeks on end just for VP dragons. That didn't happen, and it forced people to act like animals.
Agree. The staff are constantly blamed for the delay in VP, but the training, constant petitioning, and just overall drama was pretty absurd at that time period!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As if TMO didn't do the same thing when FE actively attempted dragons. Stall with a group of people til thier majority could get on at primetime 8hr later... GTFO with that bullshit...
Agreed.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't a life and death situation here, it's a conscious decision to act like animals.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This isn't a life and death situation here, it's a conscious decision to act like animals.
Allowing training in any zone on eq is 100% non classic.
Its just a perversion of the term "non-csr" which benefits only TMO and no other guilds.
Why is this non classic rule allowed yet so many other areas of the game are strictly kept classic.
shit makes no sense.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

not sure if this is relevant but i am 100% sure that GM's did enter sleeper's tomb and keep an eye on things, the lead gm admitted to me that they attended a few of our first warder kills to make sure we weren't exploiting anything ( we used a lot of geometry to block AoEs which was a fairly new tactic at the time and I guess CS wanted to make sure we didn't take it too far ), I think we had the world first kill on either 3rd or 4th warder, forget which... so it wasn't entirely non-csr, although we also never had a single problem in the zone which meant we wanted help.

also about non-training... back in the year 2000 we saw some training, nothing was really done about it, but I think the THREAT that csr might do something about it, is what kept it so minimal... so... in 1999-2001 on my server training to be a dick was technically not allowed, but if you did it a few times no one would really make a big deal about it.

kunark saw quite a lot of training, and velious saw almost none, there were THREE top tier raiding guilds on our server and each of them just chose a different faction to follow predominantly, it was glorious, and there were only a few headbanging moments in coldain/kael, in the 0.5-1.0 years I played velious I never once saw a train being done in sleeper's then again our server got along fairly well for the most part during the velious era, so I'm not entirely sure what sony's non-csr policy really meant, but I do know they DEFINITELY did not publish their non-csr policy to the public, or promote it, so while maybe the CSR staff was forbidden to interfere in trains in sleeper's tomb, the people interested in training didn't know this and thusly were slightly less likely to do it, eh?
Last edited by dbouya; 08-29-2013 at 10:57 AM..
Closed Thread