Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it doesn't matter if you reduce penalties or the monetary value or increase or whatever

it's all as useless if DA's and police won't charge the criminals, or immediately release them with a citation or promise to appear in court agreement. which is exactly what is happening in kalifornia.
Found it interesting that PA allows even more to be stolen.

In Pennsylvania, shoplifting can be a misdemeanor if the value of the goods stolen is under $2,000.
Last edited by Botten; 08-22-2023 at 10:53 PM..
Old 08-22-2023, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They aren't charging them idiot

It's why you are seeing coordinated smash and grabs on a massive scale. There is no fear of being held accountable at all
Quote:
They aren’t that lax. Texas has an even higher limit before shoplifting rises to a felony, theirs is $1250 and ours is $950. The recent thefts are a whole different kind of crime, it isn’t simple shoplifting. It’s organized crime and because it operates like flash mobs and the ringleader is never around, it’s very difficult to stop. All of the stores hit are high end, except for Home Depot where they go to steal the tools to steal from the high end stores. Not one item that gets taken from those high end stores is less than $950.

This isn’t teenagers or poor people taking some little stuff from Walmart or the grocery store. These are organized theft rings that take high end items and then sell them on the internet.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found it interesting that PA allows even more to be stolen.

In Pennsylvania, shoplifting can be a misdemeanor if the value of the goods stolen is under $2,000.
who the cares what the dollar amount is?

it doesn't matter if the state will not charge the criminals

being so stupid, how do you manage to dress yourself and drive a car, let alone work a job?

mind boggling stupidity

fortunately, we still have good ol' boy cops here IN PA who will go wayyy out of their way to find ways to charge people with crimes
Old 08-22-2023, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
who the cares what the dollar amount is?

it doesn't matter if the state will not charge the criminals

being so stupid, how do you manage to dress yourself and drive a car, let alone work a job?

mind boggling stupidity

fortunately, we still have good ol' boy cops here IN PA who will go wayyy out of their way to find ways to charge people with crimes
riiiiiiiiiight

How to Get Shoplifting Charges Dropped in Pennsylvania

. (almost forgot the dot that helps you focus)
Old 08-22-2023, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

Botten trying to hide behind fake news links

Embarrassing himself so badly
Old 08-22-2023, 11:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They aren't charging them idiot

It's why you are seeing coordinated smash and grabs on a massive scale. There is no fear of being held accountable at all
I believe there’s still a charge, but due to CA jails and prisons being full it’s impossible to ever incarcerate them for a non-violent offense. They had a ruling where due to overcrowding most minor non-violent offense cannot result in jail or prison time

So you just don’t pay whatever the minor fine is and you will never go to jail or prison over it. Which is really the consequence most rational people fear

But I’m not positive on this, just what I’ve heard
Old 08-22-2023, 11:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe there’s still a charge, but due to CA jails and prisons being full it’s impossible to ever incarcerate them for a non-violent offense. They had a ruling where due to overcrowding most minor non-violent offense cannot result in jail or prison time

So you just don’t pay whatever the minor fine is and you will never go to jail or prison over it. Which is really the consequence most rational people fear

Shoplifting prosecutions are at an all time low

They want the chaos
Old 08-22-2023, 11:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Shoplifting prosecutions are at an all time low

They want the chaos
Could very well be true that they aren’t prosecuted, but I’ve definitely heard that even if they were, they won’t go to prison for particular non-violent offenses in CA, no matter how many they rack up
Old 08-22-2023, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Deferred prosecution or diversionary sentencing I forget the term.

It saves taxpayer dollars! 🤪
Old 08-22-2023, 11:43 PM
Banned

I think we need to lean more into social stigma as a deterrent to crime. I think it is true that most criminals don’t think they’ll be caught in the first place

If there was better social stigmatization, like what occurs in Japan, rather than apologists making excuses for them, that might do something to reduce crime on a cultural level

I even saw a (cherry-picked I know) depressing as fuck video where someone is hauling stolen merchandise to their car, the store employees chase them to their car and start to grab them, multiple bystanders yell AT the employees “YOU CANT TOUCH HIM!” and then cheer as the criminal gets away

Sad. That is the opposite of what we need
Closed Thread