Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bless your work brother fifield
How is Greentorch any different than Owmahballs!?

He is a troll. I've crossed his path a lot these days as I've been levelling a troll warrior from 10 to 35 in uguk exclusively. Trolls have stupid names. They are stupid. It took me 25 fucking levels to cap my sense heading lol, usually I'm done by level 6 or so o_o stupid parent trolls will use stupid everyday words to name their stupid kids, and they spell awfully bad (i.e. "da bashin place" in Grobb) so Ow Mah Ballz sounds like an unfortunately very plausible and acceptable name for a troll.

It must already be hard enough for him to live with it, making fun of him won't help. He's a cool guy. We're sharing Moat mobs and help each other when in trouble. Sometime he casts Endure Cold on me so i feel warmer.

Leave Owmahballz alone, he's a fine member of the Grobb community and a respect member in the village. His father Tinykok and his mother Sagginsak are very proud of him.

This is Troll culture.
Live with it or /duel.

- Zulkargassokrak Gorzultargorrak (Warrior Troll 35)

PS: did Llandris took the time to also cleanse that filthy Fil'Bus character of yours? I just can't log in anymore these days I'm too scared to have my immersion ruined by your stupid bus line inspired garbage that you call a name.
Old 03-30-2018, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is Greentorch any different than Owmahballs!?

He is a troll. I've crossed his path a lot these days as I've been levelling a troll warrior from 10 to 35 in uguk exclusively. Trolls have stupid names. They are stupid. It took me 25 fucking levels to cap my sense heading lol, usually I'm done by level 6 or so o_o stupid parent trolls will use stupid everyday words to name their stupid kids, and they spell awfully bad (i.e. "da bashin place" in Grobb) so Ow Mah Ballz sounds like an unfortunately very plausible and acceptable name for a troll.

It must already be hard enough for him to live with it, making fun of him won't help. He's a cool guy. We're sharing Moat mobs and help each other when in trouble. Sometime he casts Endure Cold on me so i feel warmer.

Leave Owmahballz alone, he's a fine member of the Grobb community and a respect member in the village. His father Tinykok and his mother Sagginsak are very proud of him.

This is Troll culture.
Live with it or /duel.

- Zulkargassokrak Gorzultargorrak (Warrior Troll 35)

PS: did Llandris took the time to also cleanse that filthy Fil'Bus character of yours? I just can't log in anymore these days I'm too scared to have my immersion ruined by your stupid bus line inspired garbage that you call a name.
Either you struggle with basic comprehension, or you are trolling in the sanctuary that is server chat. I will assume you simply have comprehension problems because certainly you are not the sort of subhuman that would troll in server chat, right?

From Nilbog's naming policy.
Quote:

Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.

Combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Hugeazz, Tug Mcgroin).

Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).

Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
These quotes should illustrate quite clearly to you why Owmahballz is a name which needs to be cleansed.

1) Combination of words that produces an offensive result, 2) It is a name that contains a phrase/sentence and does NOT form descriptive compound words, 3) Owmahballz is an anatomical reference

Greentorch is a descriptive compound word.

WOW!

Cool huh? If you would like more data and condescending explanation, please contact me in RNF

Troll here again and you're gonna get reported, kiddo
Old 03-30-2018, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not trolling on the "Server Chat" section of the forum, I am genuinely answering your abysmally dumb concern over names on the MMORPG (RP as in ROLEPLAYING) that is p99. You are right about the quoted naming convention you're linking. That same convention that makes Fil'Bus a bannable name.

However we all understand why "Filbus" doesn't need to be cleansed because rules are dumb and cold and don't think.

We do.
Well we should, anyway.

That's why we understand that Filbus is a fine halfling roleplay name MILES before being a reference to some obscure bus line in France. This is why we need humans behind the rules to interpret them humanely and smartly. Owmahballs is a perfectly fine name for an ugly troll. My post was written under a 'roleplay' perspective to explain how one could see Owmahballs as being justified in Grobb culture. I have spent a lot of time in the city, and believe me that name would not shock any one there!

PS: you are very threatening skarlorn! so man. woaouh /whistle
Old 03-30-2018, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Hmmm. I gotta say, Nagoya, it's anatomical reference part that really sinks owmahballz. That is above and beyond any mitigation from RP reasons. It is a clear and unambiguous violation from the stated server rules.
That said, I think Skarlorn is kind of a jerk about the names thing. I don't really like obviously wrong names like owmahballz or mahdickhertz, etc., but there are less wrong names that yes, COULD possibly be argued about whether they meet some hypothetical standard of 'fitting' within a made up context about magic and elves, or whether they possibly could refer to some kind of real english or other language words. That kind of thing I think is just silly and kind of mean-spirited. People like their names and they put a lot of thought into them. Sometimes Skarlorn comes off as being on a witch hunt and thinks of himself as the final arbiter. I used to think he was more or less kidding but I'm not sure anymore. Anyway, I am for obvious name violation changes, but I think it should be leniently applied in other cases.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:44 PM
Banned

except your postulation that Filbus = Fil'bus = a french bus line is a moronic troll attempt best left to RNF
Old 03-30-2018, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Hello fadetree,

To be fair I did cringe when I saw Owmahballz the first time and I think I did make fun of him too. In all honesty I am against this kind of name as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] however when I saw him levelling up, never trolling in ooc or anything, just minding his own business and being a good troll I just got used to the name and honestly I do legit think it fits in Grobb culture lol. This place is quite a dump!

As for your comment about skarlorn, same feeling 100% [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] used to think he was sometimes funny, but that whole name crusade has shown his real face to be a very simple low class bully and now nothing he says can sound remotely funny/relevent to me anymore :/ but whatever let's no digress...
Old 03-30-2018, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
except your postulation that Filbus = Fil'bus = a french bus line is a moronic troll attempt best left to RNF
Fil'Bus = Filbus is not an attempt at anything but a simple fact (you can't have apostrophe in your name) - I am indeed confirming to you that I do believe it is not a good reason enough to ban your name, but that it could be interpreted as such if we follow the rules literally. Fortunately, rules are applied by thinking humans, and this is why Filbus, Loramin or Nagoya are still running free. There is a line between the written rules and reality.

If this line does not exist then Filbus (and 50% of the server names) have to go.

If this line exists, as I think, then defining how low it can go is necessary. I believe Owmahballz (as a troll) is close to that line.

If you think my opinion is trolling, I can't save you bro. Go take a walk or something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-30-2018, 03:54 PM
Banned

Dear Staff,

Nagoya is a clear reference to a Japanese city and needs to be Cleansed.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

Hey Filbus.

You realize there are two "Rs" in Furry ?
Or do you just have a very angry foot?
Old 03-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Banned

The name is Furyfoot b/c Filbus is a warrior. It is also a pun.

Thank you for your inquiry!
Closed Thread