Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They would be shocked to know that they are of the same mind aspartame ancient pagan religions. Religions that rely on chaos, anthropomorphism, apotheosis and androgyny as their core tenants.
Nah. C'mon. I thought it arose from discoveries made by intellectually neutral scientists.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd never make the charge of creationism being inherently closed-minded. When used as the basis to justify harmful fundamentalist religious views, then I'd say it's morally reprehensible, but I don't think "closed-minded" accurately represents my beef with it.
I agree anything used to justify hatful actions against humanity should be considered morally reprehensible. But belief in a creator does not necessarily lead an individual down that path.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

No, that's called honesty. I don't need to know the intricate details of how evolutionary biology works in order to understand that science is predicated on scrupulous peer review and years of crosschecking.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree anything used to justify hatful actions against humanity should be considered morally reprehensible. But belief in a creator does not necessarily lead an individual down that path.
Then here we can agree. All I ask is that you keep it to yourself when you're in my home or around my children.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then here we can agree. All I ask is that you keep it to yourself when you're in my home or around my children.
You don't want your children to be given any other options for belief?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The theory that all plants and animals have descended from one primordial germ, is staggering to the mind.
Only if you're a fucking idiot.

Because the theory you put forth isn't held by anyone but fucking idiots.

Life evolved from single-cell organisms.

That does not mean life evolved from the same single-cell organism.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah. C'mon. I thought it arose from discoveries made by intellectually neutral scientists.
Codified the Mesopotamian myth of creation: The whole story of this struggle is the subject of the Seven Tablets of Creation. The gods are deifications of the sun, moon, planets and other stars, and APSŪ, or CHAOS, and his companions the demons, are personifications of darkness, night and evil. The story of the fight between them is nothing more nor less than a picturesque allegory of natural phenomena.

What are some of these natural phenomena? :

There was a time in which there existed nothing but darkness and an abyss of waters, wherein resided most hideous beings, which were produced on a two-fold principle. There appeared men, some of whom were furnished with two wings, others with four, and with two faces. They had one body but two heads; the one that of a man, the other of a woman; and likewise in their several organs both male and female. Other human figures were to be seen with the legs and horns of goats; some had horses' feet; while others united the hind-quarters of a horse with the body of a man, resembling in shape the hippo-centaurs. Bulls likewise were bred there with the heads of men, and dogs with four told bodies, terminated in their extremities with the tails of fishes; horses also with the heads of dogs; men too and other animals, with the heads and bodies of horses and the tails of fishes. In short, there were creatures in which were combined the limbs of every species of animals. In addition to these, fishes, reptiles, serpents, with other monstrous animals, which assumed each other's shape and countenance.

Sounds kind of like transitional species to me.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Where did these multiple single-celled organisms come from?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So how many were there? 2,3,6? If all life on earth , vegetable and animal, shares one thing in common i.e DNA , then how do you know that only one germ or organism wasn't needed?
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
So what he is saying is he wants your children to listen to his children fallacies, but will take action if your children try to preach anything. He also twists words to describe himself as being "honest" rather than admitting his blind faith.
Closed Thread