Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't understand how variance wouldn't promote long fights for zone control to ensure you have a shot at the dragon/god. Some of the most fun I had on SZ was the all day fights across gfay/lfay/CB/MM with hundreds of people running around.

Isn't that point of the red server, to promote pvp?
Of course variance would promote pvp, but blues don't want pvp they do just about anything to avoid it and static timers of all raid mobs up the same day a week provides them the perfect opportunity to avoid it completely.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don't understand how variance wouldn't promote long fights for zone control to ensure you have a shot at the dragon/god. Some of the most fun I had on SZ was the all day fights across gfay/lfay/CB/MM with hundreds of people running around.

Knowing when a mob spawns should help a guild set up to contest better, especially if they need a tactical advantage when they don't have the numbers. KSing and ninja looting are legal as well on raid mobs on red so there's plenty of opportunity to take a target and I think that makes it more easily contestable without variance.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone who's seen this
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

knows your rustled, Holocaust just hates me so much they are willing to lie about anything.
Yeah I definitely appear quite rustled in that screenshot.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

lol there were no fights over raid mobs on SZ what the fuck are you talking about
Old 02-20-2015, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knowing when a mob spawns should help a guild set up to contest better, especially if they need a tactical advantage when they don't have the numbers. KSing and ninja looting are legal as well on raid mobs on red so there's plenty of opportunity to take a target and I think that makes it more easily contestable without variance.
not when 75% of the server is in 1 single guild.. been that way for 3 years.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:27 PM
Banned

Holocaust figured out how the guild invite command works, knows the 15 year old quests

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

A certain guild leader having a major sweet tooth/Achilles heel for RMT didn't hurt either
Old 02-20-2015, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by daasgoot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not when 75% of the server is in 1 single guild.. been that way for 3 years.
So that '75% of the server' is going to sock variance and the smaller guild will have <10 on at a time when the large guild can batphone for probably about 40 people still. Variance never solved any problems on blue and it's been a cancer that's there to stay. I don't think you really want it on red cuz those shots at primetime pvp/mobs disappear forever.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No it doesn't.

The filthy casuals are too lazy to get out of bed in the middle of the night. Neckbeards will just be warmed up, it greatly benefits them.

This doesn't mean I disapprove of neckbearding in any way, its just that the goal of this request is obvious and way too late.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Still can't believe anyone could possibly think Azrael is fighting for variance for any other reason than camping 20 toons outside PD lair to snipe it uncontested.

Except Syft. I honestly believes he wants it cause he thinks it'll bring more PVP.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:32 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Kergan;1792425I honestly believes he wants it cause he thinks it'll bring more PVP.[/QUOTE]

Beati pauperes spiritu

Fight on brave knight.
Closed Thread