Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Tracking a mob makes u question, what am I doin with my life? Is this really worth it? This little blue/white/yellow/red name on my list will it ever show up? Will it b here in 5 hrs? 8hrs? 14 hrs? After spending those hours do I ever want to do this again bc the results Im seeking never come to fruition? I wonder how much weight Id lose if i spent all the time i was tracking excerising instead or how much fun id have hanging with friends or watching a movie with a girl? Why am I even playing this game, this doesnt feel like a game anymore...

/quit EQ

Most of us dont want to start thinking about our special EQ time in these manners yet tracking mobs bc of variance ruins the gameplay ( if ur stuck tracking). No arguing this if uve ever tracked, i bet tracking mobs would been a good way to crack terrorists at gitmo if P99 was in its heyday then...
Old 03-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

If it were up to me, I would do 1 reset per week, with the reset probability proportional to the number of players usually on (just measure this one week; I'm guessing 6PM est would be about 2x as likely as 9AM est). Every other week the staff would inform the players several days in advance when the reset would occur. Finally, for 1 hour after the reset any player who logs into a raid zone logs in at the zone in (i.e. you can't camp out chars). The resets would . . . reset (hehe) the variance repops, but they would still occur, if for example one reset was a Monday and the next one was a Saturday. Also I would combine this with an online leaderboard so we can see who gets what. IMO the 'competition' faction has a much more legitimate case for bragging rights during repops.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Banned

1 reset a week no way, 1 every 1-2 months would be better, a week would really just not be good for many reasons.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it were up to me, I would do 1 reset per week, with the reset probability proportional to the number of players usually on (just measure this one week; I'm guessing 6PM est would be about 2x as likely as 9AM est). Every other week the staff would inform the players several days in advance when the reset would occur. Finally, for 1 hour after the reset any player who logs into a raid zone logs in at the zone in (i.e. you can't camp out chars). The resets would . . . reset (hehe) the variance repops, but they would still occur, if for example one reset was a Monday and the next one was a Saturday. Also I would combine this with an online leaderboard so we can see who gets what. IMO the 'competition' faction has a much more legitimate case for bragging rights during repops.
i agree with server repops won't get an argument from me there. However I thought this thread was about without any coding/gm involvement what could be done in the meantime. Looks like that has stalled out from the TMO side though. I disagree with the leaderboard. If i'm a power guild and i have a strategy to go after mobs in a certain strategic order I dont want that being displayed.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is more to eq than buying resist gear and zerging down targets but since you attend all of FE's raids obviously know we zerg down everything I'll let you keep thinking that.
I didn't say you guys zerg everything down; I said the rest of the server knows that zerg works (well as long as you have enough levels/resist gear). And if tracking was no longer mandatory they would do that. Freudian slip? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 reset a week no way, 1 every 1-2 months would be better, a week would really just not be good for many reasons.
Such as?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say you guys zerg everything down; I said the rest of the server knows that zerg works (well as long as you have enough levels/resist gear). And if tracking was no longer mandatory they would do that. Freudian slip? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
zergs can be detrimental to raids when you just throw noobs at a target and you start ping ponging agro around because people don't know their jobs, have proper resists, etc.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Remove the variance

Create server resets - some "completely random" and some scheduled

Let this SMALL community figure it out without GM intervention.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remove the variance

Create server resets - some "completely random" and some scheduled

Let this SMALL community figure it out without GM intervention.
eliminate FTE along with this.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Simultaneous repops would be better. If for example at 12pm noon every Sunday Dojo as well as 4 other low/mid tier mobs spawned at the same time it would force communication between guilds. If both top guilds want the same mob that means they can enjoy their shitty FTE fest while the remaining guilds get a chance at the other mobs on that timetable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used the time as an example. You could make several different sets of mobs on different spawn cycles. 3, 3.5, 4, 4.25 etc. day spawns, always at 6am, noon, 6pm or midnight EST, but set like clockwork and having nothing to do with when the mob died.

I don't have the spawntimes of mobs memorized but I'm pretty sure that even in classic there were many mobs that had the same repop time, the only "non-classic" aspect of it would be fixing the respawn timer to be set on spawn and not kill which is still much closer to classic than the current variance system is and also serves to in many situations nullify the need for the FTE system.
Someone please explain to me why a system like this wouldn't work? I believe it would. How much better it would be for everyone if Fay/Gor/Sev/Tal always spawned together so no one guild could poopsock/FTE BS their way through life. Same would go for VS/Trak. This is of course assuming their classic spawn times aren't drastically different from each other to begin with.
Closed Thread