Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stars, duh.

Look, I commend your curiosity, but you have a responsibility to educate yourself. I have no obligation to lead you around by your pudgy little baby hand.

You're ridiculous. You call it a mind-boggling theory, I tell you it's not actually a theory anyone holds, and then you expect me to defend your ill-conceived hypothetical for you?

I guess that's the kind of circular logic one clings to when they can't make sense of the world around them.
Well it was a simple question but ok.

So single cell organisms come from stars? How do they exist in the cold radiation filled death trap of space? And how did they get to earth? Oh wait! Probly a meteor. That's why we see them all the time on meteors now.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes religion has the lions share of bloodshed on its hands through history, no doubt. But I cannot blame God for that, nor the bible. Anymore than you would blame evolution for the killing of millions of persons through eugenics.
Then it's here that we differ.
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care about the mention of god or deities - that's going to happen, anywhere and everywhere. But if you come into my house and start preaching religious bullshit, you're going to be leaving very quickly. The study of religious scripture, compulsory praise and worship, the participation in church, will never, ever be mandated to my kids. That is out of the question.
Just the doctrine of evolution. Got ya
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care about the mention of god or deities - that's going to happen, anywhere and everywhere. But if you come into my house and start preaching religious bullshit, you're going to be leaving very quickly. The study of religious scripture, compulsory praise and worship, the participation in church, will never, ever be mandated to my kids. That is out of the question.
What if your children are genuinely curious about the subject?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Then it's here that we differ.
So then you do blame evolution for atrocities to mankind, yet you still believe in it and will teach it to children. Very interesting
Old 09-20-2014, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Who lets someone in their house without knowing what they are going to talk to them. Unless you whole objective is to let them into your house and ridicule them. In that case, you are just a horrible human being and there is a bigger issue here than what your children are hearing at school.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What if your children are genuinely curious about the subject?
Then they're free to learn as they wish, of course. I'd actually encourage reading religious literature, as it's actually quite well-written and fascinating in its own right. It is, after all, a part of our history.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The stars, duh.

Look, I commend your curiosity, but you have a responsibility to educate yourself. I have no obligation to lead you around by your pudgy little baby hand.

You're ridiculous. You call it a mind-boggling theory, I tell you it's not actually a theory anyone holds, and then you expect me to defend your ill-conceived hypothetical for you?

I guess that's the kind of circular logic one clings to when they can't make sense of the world around them.
Btw you can make a reply as soon as you take your foot out of your mouth.
It seems it might just be the new cool theory (again) to believe in the Darwinian model of one common ancestor.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ngle-ancestor/

You really need to keep up with your flip-flopping scientist
Old 09-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Then they're free to learn as they wish, of course. I'd actually encourage reading religious literature, as it's actually quite well-written and fascinating in its own right. It is, after all, a part of our history.
Awesome. What if they decided to join a religion?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotElvis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So then you do blame evolution for atrocities to mankind, yet you still believe in it and will teach it to children. Very interesting
Not quite. This would be similar to blaming science for the horrific bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or blaming technology for every casualty of fire arms, and so forth. It's not quite the same thing as the poisonous ideas instilled into people by radical interpretations of religious doctrines, ideas like martyrdom and hunting down and killing people for apostasy. I did say religion having more blood on its hands was a euphemism, but that's probably a huge understatement.
Closed Thread