Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ut est rerum omnium magister usus (roughly "Experience is the teacher of all things" or more generally "experience is the best teacher") is a quote attributed to Julius Caesar in De Bello Civile, the war commentaries of the Civil War.[1][2] Since then the phrase has become a common saying regarding learning and leadership.[3]

Julius Caesar, Roman and romanticizer.
Ok so you are seriously trying to tell me you would take a homeless mans word on everything relating to homelessness over anyone else.

Not only that you're saying you unconditionally believe, regardless of what the topic is if it's related to homelessness, that a homeless person is more qualified to speak on it.

If it is about feeding a nation? No pass, its more important to listen to people who have never fed or helped anyone on how to feed a nation.

How about health and medical interests? No, why would a DOCTOR know more than a homeless person, the homeless person knows what they have to deal with.

Why would a doctor know any better than any of us about vaccines, its OUR bodies, WE live in them, they are just critics!

lol ok, I guess you're right!
Last edited by Jibartik; 08-19-2021 at 05:31 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Kobold

back up in your ass with the insurrection
Old 08-19-2021, 05:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you all know your IQ's? I never once have been given the option to know mine.. And does it ask financial questions in an IQ test?
I only know mine because I was tested in GATE (California) and again in OTAG (Oregon) back in 4th to 6th grade. (147)

When I applied for Mensa 8 or so years ago, for free access to JSTOR, I scored 139 online and was requested to come in for in-person testing if I wanted to dispute their Mensa membership requirement of 140, but was given JSTOR access for being confirmed above 135 with the online test having a window of error of +/-3 as it's standard deviation.

So I'm just getting dumber as I get older I guess, or maybe intellectually lazier (likely borne of the 7 veils of ignorance)
Old 08-19-2021, 05:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is the wolf? ?peehs eht si ohW
We know its you Nirgon you can stop pretending now.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so you are seriously trying to tell me you would take a homeless mans word on everything relating to homelessness over anyone else.

Not only that you're saying you unconditionally believe, regardless of what the topic is if it's related to homelessness, that a homeless person is more qualified to speak on it.

If it is about feeding a nation? No pass, its more important to listen to people who have never fed or helped anyone on how to feed a nation.

How about health and medical interests? No, why would a DOCTOR know more than a homeless person, the homeless person knows what they have to deal with.

Why would a doctor know any better than any of us about vaccines, its OUR bodies, WE live in them, they are just critics!

lol ok, I guess you're right!
I've been a homeless man. It has its challenges, which can be sorted out but it also has its pitfalls which work against aims of recovering therefrom. For one thing, you are incredibly vulnerable to injustices enacted by the state, and fellow homeless alike.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been a homeless man. It has its challenges, which can be sorted out but it also has its pitfalls which work against aims of recovering therefrom. For one thing, you are incredibly vulnerable to injustices enacted by the state, and fellow homeless alike.
You heard it hear folks, literally nobody here can have an opinion on homelessness, we must all take Gwaihir's word for any and all potential problems and solutions related to it.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard it hear folks, literally nobody here can have an opinion on homelessness, we must all take Gwaihir's word for any and all potential problems and solutions related to it.
Questionable dig, but "ok", carry on.

*Switches on listening mode*
Old 08-19-2021, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Is that what you think? That Hyperbole is insurrection? That speech is an insurrection?
Chanting "Hang Mike Pence" while violently storming the Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power isn't speech.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanting "Hang Mike Pence" while violently storming the Capitol to stop the peaceful transfer of power isn't speech.
No that literally is protected speech, you're just conveniently conflating it with "violently blah blah". Nobody disagrees that actual violence is bad, but jan 6th is a blip on the radar compared to what the left has perpetrated over the last 24 months. It's not even close.
Old 08-19-2021, 05:57 PM
Banned

10 bucks says Billie Ellish is a boy
Closed Thread