Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Awesome. What if they decided to join a religion?
I'd be perfectly fine with that, I'm not here to oppress them. It's my job to let them live and get out of the way, while giving as much moral support and guidance as is necessary of course.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd be perfectly fine with that, I'm not here to oppress them. It's my job to let them live and get out of the way, while giving as much moral support and guidance as is necessary of course.
What about when they talked about their religion to you?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenzig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about when they talked about their religion to you?
I'd listen. Are you trying to get to admit something here?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not quite. This would be similar to blaming science for the horrific bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or blaming technology for every casualty of fire arms, and so forth. It's not quite the same thing as the poisonous ideas instilled into people by radical interpretations of religious doctrines, ideas like martyrdom and hunting down and killing people for apostasy. I did say religion having more blood on its hands was a euphemism, but that's probably a huge understatement.
What, so your murder is better than my murder is what you are basically saying. I honestly don't know for sure, so assuming you do, and would be really grateful for the provided info, I know I could just google it, but maybe something will slip through the cracks that I would miss. How much "genocide" has there been in the world due to religious beliefs? Let us ignore everything is basically religion and use your views. What is the body count on these views. You seem to imply that it is vastly greater than people who just want to kill to kill, or to conquer. I mean in such a way that it almost seems like it doesn't exist in your mind. So really interested to know what these numbers, or wars actually are.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

I don't have those numbers, but they're readily available on this vast collection of information we have at our fingertips.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'd listen. Are you trying to get to admit something here?
No. Just honest questions. Thank you for answering though. It does bring one question to mind though. And I'm not trying to be provocative, but why would you be so willing to listen to your children talk about their religion, but out rightly reject anyone else talking to you about it?
Old 09-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Not quite. This would be similar to blaming science for the horrific bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, or blaming technology for every casualty of fire arms, and so forth. It's not quite the same thing as the poisonous ideas instilled into people by radical interpretations of religious doctrines, ideas like martyrdom and hunting down and killing people for apostasy. I did say religion having more blood on its hands was a euphemism, but that's probably a huge understatement.
But see you support my claim that you cannot blame God or the bible for those things by calling them "radical interpretations of religious doctrine". Of they are radical they are inherently immoral and not in harmony with truth.

And you are right you cannot blame science for the destruction from the atomic bomb. It was a choice made by the possessors of the scientific knowledge that gave the WMD's that lead to the death of thousands.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I don't have those numbers, but they're readily available on this vast collection of information we have at our fingertips.
You might be interested to know that your claim of religions being responsible for the majority of bloodshed on earth is backed up by the bible. In revelation when John sees the Harlot drunk on the blood of mankind, that is what is meant. False religion, religion that has apostatized from the truth of the bible, has been the driving force behind all major wars on earth.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
No. Just honest questions. Thank you for answering though. It does bring one question to mind though. And I'm not trying to be provocative, but why would you be so willing to listen to your children talk about their religion, but out rightly reject anyone else talking to you about it?
Among friends I'm happy to discuss religion or The Big Questions. It's the random strangers, Jehova's Witnesses and the like that I'm referring to when I ask that it be kept to oneself. I don't need to hear some idiot yelling about how god has a plan for me on my way to work, and I sure as hell don't want one on my doorstep asking to be invited in so he can read me some passages from Genesis.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Among friends I'm happy to discuss religion or The Big Questions. It's the random strangers, Jehova's Witnesses and the like that I'm referring to when I ask that it be kept to oneself. I don't need to hear some idiot yelling about how god has a plan for me on my way to work, and I sure as hell don't want one on my doorstep asking to be invited in so he can read me some passages from Genesis.
Genesis is a good book.
Closed Thread