Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2022, 05:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is really not a great argument either. Sitting on your ass doing anything directly affects your health negatively. It's not like being addicted to the wall-staring model of EQ is any more or less healthy than being addicted to the modern WOW clickfest version of it.

You should really leave the health question out of any future attempts to persuade people about how the server is run cause it makes no sense.
^ Doesn't race or participate in the wannabe E-sport raid scene. Join date 2021, 1,824 posts. Headshot. BOOM!
Old 02-11-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Doesn't race or participate in the wannabe E-sport raid scene. Join date 2021, 1,824 posts. Headshot. BOOM!
Are you okay? I don't know what that means.

Instancing is very addictive for some people. It's very unhealthy. Why are advocating for making some people more addicted to p99, huh??
Old 02-11-2022, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, nobody is claiming it is an ESport. The vast majority of multiplayer games in existence are NOT Esports. Does that mean they are not competitive? Of course not. You can have a competitive game that is also not an Esport.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the majority of the server agreed with you, they would have changed the rules, or the population would have tanked by now
LOL this is the funniest post of this thread so far congrats

What the majority wants means nothing to those in charge. They have their goals and agendas that we can argue over but rest assured they will pursue whatever it is that their vision/goal is regardless of what any of us want. If I've learned anything playing/spectating this server for 10+ years that's it. Also all jokes aside there's a large amount of people with addiction and mental health issues on this server. Like not even saying that as an insult/troll I legitimately believe that to be the case. They won't quit under almost any circumstance.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 02-11-2022, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I touched grass today (technically snow unfortunately). I check this forum maybe 10 minutes out of my day.
With the rate at which you're F5ing this thread, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this one.

You seem super obsessed for someone who doesn't even play here any more.

You should probably seek help.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL this is the funniest post of this thread so far congrats

What the majority wants means nothing to those in charge. They have their goals and agendas that we can argue over but rest assured they will pursue whatever it is that their vision/goal is regardless of what any of us want. If I've learned anything playing/spectating this server for 10+ years that's it. Also all jokes aside there's a large amount of people with addiction and mental health issues on this server. Like not even saying that as an insult/troll I legitimately believe that to be the case. They won't quit under almost any circumstance.
Last time I checked the majority of the player base are not being forced to play against their will.

If people really didn't like what the Dev's were doing, they would just stop playing. People vote with their feet unless they are being held at gunpoint. Also, the Dev's have listened to the community in the past. But that doesn't mean they have to acquiesce to all of your demands lol.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last time I checked the majority of the player base are not being forced to play against their will.

If people really didn't like what the Dev's were doing, they would just stop playing. People vote with their feet unless they are being held at gunpoint.
You don't understand the level of addiction and mental problems going on here if you truly believe this. I know people that played for YEARS and hated every aspect of the endgame here. They just kept clinging on to hope that EVENTUALLY "something's gotta give" and the amount of toxicity and stupidity surrounding the endgame would force the staff to make changes that ultimately never happened. Have you not been around very long? Do you not remember like years and years of threads and meetings between guild councils and staff to try to get changes made that all basically accomplished nothing? Do you think all those people all those years were perfectly happy with everything and would just quit if they weren't? Rofl cmon bro. Do you not remember Chest throwing in the towel on P99 endgame and taking like 100 people with him to Phinigel?

Old 02-11-2022, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With the rate at which you're F5ing this thread, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on this one.

You seem super obsessed for someone who doesn't even play here any more.

You should probably seek help.
It's my day off and Lost Ark unfortunately is experiencing typical MMORPG launch day issues and servers have been down all day. Extra bored with nothing on the agenda today. You're welcome <3

Old 02-11-2022, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You don't understand the level of addiction and mental problems going on here if you truly believe this. I know people that played for YEARS and hated every aspect of the endgame here. They just kept clinging on to hope that EVENTUALLY "something's gotta give" and the amount of toxicity and stupidity surrounding the endgame would force the staff to make changes that ultimately never happened. Have you not been around very long? Do you not remember like years and years of threads and meetings between guild councils and staff to try to get changes made that all basically accomplished nothing? Do you think all those people all those years were perfectly happy with everything and would just quit if they weren't? Rofl cmon bro. Do you not remember Chest throwing in the towel on P99 endgame and taking like 100 people with him to Phinigel?
I have been around since 2014 or so. The population has steadily gone up, and remained where it is now for a few years. Obviously those people you are talking about like the game, or they would quit. And the majority of casual players are not like this. So I am not sure what you are trying to drive at here.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I suspect that you didn't get something you want in everquest.

Also the word "toxicity" and "toxic" are useless. It just means "a thing I don't like". Nobody cares if you call something toxic, you have to enunciate what you actually mean and specifically who or what you're talking about.

I've literally been playing here since 2010, not that it matters. But it's not anything new, it's everquest politics on a non-instanced server. You might say it all feels quite classic.
Closed Thread