Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All u gotta do is run and strafe then press enter to lock the strafe and mouse steer
yep, or hit t, or R, or anything that opens the chat input

only works if you have a key bound to strafe specifically though, if its bound to turn left/right then you'll just run in circles
Old 01-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unfortunately (fortunately) EverQuest raiding was designed to promote competition. We all have different ideas about what is fun.. personally, I couldnt give a shit about loot (I can still log into my monk/war/etc and gawk at shrouds and sods etc).. the only enjoyment I get from EverQuest is the competition. Rotations would kill that dead. I understand that there are a lot of players who simply want to fight bosses at their leisure.. to them I say go play Phinny or some emulated server that promotes taking turns.

I got a lot of grief on Live from Triton, Harmonium, Altera Vita and many other guilds. I spent a lot of time wishing I had been able to see more content than I currently had. But, those pitfalls made killing that content much much more enjoyable and I wouldn't have it any other way.

What I could do without is the clown show rule set, the over saturation of raiders per content, and the borked timeline
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha this fucking guy only continues to play on this time locked Everquest PVE server for the weekly "competition" of foot racing on an rpg to see who dies to the dwagon first. Holy shit this made my day.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:37 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this fucking guy only continues to play on this time locked Everquest PVE server
Do I? Consider Ark.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so just opening up chat locks strafe in place?! laaaaaame!

In other news, saw those racing videos of Vulak and statue, etc. Kinda sickening to see the alt+tab used so frequent like that. Definitely not possible in classic, a single alt+tab would basically minimize your screen back in windows 98 or whatever.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hevie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do I? Consider Ark.
Let me guess, you also exclusively play against AI bots on league of legends for the extreme competitiveness.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Coming up with tactics like minimizing your screen to make yourself run faster is ambition created from pixel lust. Not the drive for competition. =P
Old 01-20-2017, 03:13 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me guess, you also exclusively play against AI bots on league of legends for the extreme competitiveness.
Ark. The game is still unfinished but very cut-throat.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mefdinkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On March 6, 2016, BDA was suspended for stalling on Aveira's Severilous engage. I saw the individuals I played with and knew, who strived to comply with server rules, punished for what I considered an arbitrary interpretation of the rules. Since then I realized that there may be more to the "DIRTY CHEATER" claims made on RNF and have tried to look at the raid scene objectively.

Awakened is just a group of individuals trying to have fun playing P99. We have a RL picture thread, we have lives outside of P99. I was just as shocked in Awakened as I was in BDA to see a lot of players break gamer stereotypes and of course some that reinforce those stereotypes. Awakened isn't some evil entity that sets their batphones up every night and jumps up out of bed to say, "F Everyone Else!" When I do leave my batphone on (I usually turn it off to get a good night's rest) it's because I have fun on a particular encounter and want to try to kill that raid mob with some of my internet buddies. I'd say most of the guild shares that sentiment.

The majority of raiders in Awakened maintain between 15% and 35% attendance, for the last 30 days that is 17 - 39 raids - sometimes 5 targets can take less time than say a whole HOT Raid would in a more casual guild. We also have some of the most hardcore players in the game who invest a lot into tracking and FTE'ing. Awakened has a good system because the batphone warriors support the hardcore players and vice versa. The officers have promoted growth and created a system that properly rewards contributions to the guild and incentivizes people to keep contributing and stay motivated.

Awakened has also molded itself to be successful in the current P99 raid environment. Were multiple guilds and players "alt+tabbing?" Yes. Does Awakened set out to violate server rules or crush casuals? No. Does Awakened's competition and 'min-maxing' push out or monopolize content for casuals? Unfortunately, yes. Could a much more casual guild kill Zlandicar? Hell yes. Could they do so on 10 minutes notice at 3:00am on a Tuesday? Probably not.

I don't think that Aw, AM, CSG, of FAV molding and adjusting their guild's policies and practices is some giant reflection of the ethics or morals of P99. Two weeks ago I didn't think it was immoral to screen share during bind sight or unethical to "alt+tab." Now that the raid rules have been made clear, I think it would be unethical to knowingly violate P99's prohibition on "alt+tab jumping" during an FTE race. I don't think that Hjial is a bad person because he alt tabbed on 12/19. I don't think that Awakened are bad people for killing Vulak on 12/19.

So why am I in Awakened Vetus? It fits well for me and is easy to maintain low to average attendance in Awakened because raids can happen 24/7 in any week. With more raiding it also means if there's a big target in window or something exciting happening I don't have to feel guilty skipping or missing it b/c we'll likely see that encounter again soon. I also love that after a million years I finally saw all the content Velious/Kunark have to offer. The guild has great numbers, so I never feel guilty about calling it a night even if some targets are due to spawn soon. In some ways I feel free to play more casually than I did in a casual guild. I also enjoy playing with a lot of people. In arguably the most social game ever, I enjoy being social with many and have benefited from a lot of my guildies' help and I really enjoy reciprocating that assistance when I can. Competing more in this environment has also let me work on mechanics and develop as a player. I am proud to be in Awakened and I do enjoy being the self titled dopest ass gnome wizard in the guild.

All that being said, I think it's embarrassing that I take this game serious enough to spend so much time on it and on the corresponding forums. I also think it's childish for people to lash out at other humans so much over this game. There's occasions where I feel bad for people who play, I also feel bad for people who seem to have their ego very tightly wrapped around their self perceived success/lack of success/or previous success on P99. I don't have much animus towards anyone on this game and I don't hate any individual solely because of their guild tag.

So Vetus, my TLDR of "when did I start chugging the Awakened Koolaid" is: when I realized characters on P99 are more than their just their guild tag and decided I would not make judgments on other players based on hate and anger filled RNF posts.
Or you wanted easy pixels from cheaters. No respect for the ez road. Also holy shit man. Learn to get the fucking point.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:20 PM
Kobold

If the drive for competition is what people were after then you wouldnt see guilds break up after 2 weeks of missing targets. There are many many many ship jumpers who just leave their guild if they arent getting kills. and the other guild will always accept the ship jumper. makes the whole raid scene a mess,
Old 01-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you wanted easy pixels from cheaters. No respect for the ez road. Also holy shit man. Learn to get the fucking point.
Merkk, I thought adding some context would allow readers understand my position. Obviously, based on your response you did not understand what I wrote.

Also, I said I don't judge anyone based on their guild tag alone but holy shit, I def. judge people by the way they treat others in game and on the forums.