Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

From the outside looking in, the state of endgame raiding on this server kills the drive to get to 60 a bit.

The people with the most time on their hands are always going to be on top, but if waking up at 3AM to kill a mob a few minutes after it spawns, while praying your puller threw the first javelin, is how it's always going to be then forget that.

It's something that comes up a lot in exp groups (especially in the 40s and 50s when the number of people levelling up thins out quite a bit).

The chatter is pretty much consistently 'you have to join TMO or FE and wake up at all hours if you want to kill raid mobs'.

Variance only helps the guilds at the top stay there, as only they are going to be willing to kill mobs at 3AM with batphones and 24/7 tracking. Effectively forcing others to become the same thing in order to compete.

Even when a smaller guild is in fear/hate and a lower tier raid mob spawns, TMO/FE are just running over the top to get there.

Good on them both for having the resources/effort to do that, but they shouldn't really get the boost from the server rules that variance gives them.

It should really be simulated full patch respawns, no variance, FTE shout.

Sure, the top guilds may deliberately kill something so it respawns at 3AM to keep others from it, but it gets cleared with the patch respawn anyway.

If the smaller guilds know something is going to spawn at 6pm, they are more likely to be able to show up and take a shot at it (standing shoulder to shoulder with TMO and FE) rather than knowing it will spawn 'sometime' between 9am and 6pm that day.

Plus the full patch days will give smaller guilds something to aim for, rather than nothing.

Alternatively, leave everything as is, focus on getting Velious out and release a brand new server at the same time tagged with 'rotation server'.

Let the community administer the rotations on the new server (bans for guilds that break it, with community providing the proof) and you'll have a place for the endgame guilds who can 24/7 powergame (eg: here) as well as those who would like to play classic Everquest without waking up at 3AM to do it.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mav if it wouldn't be really kitschy to copy your guild's funny troll, I feel you would be the star of a similar webpage created by us.

I don't see it happening for reasons stated, but cmon lol, you gotta admit that would be a good one too.
go for it. there are quite a few differences though. that page was created because the person in question was soo insecure he ran to GMs everytime anything related to his RL came up, so I'm sure someone created a page where the joke could continue on. I'm completely opposite I am not ashamed of how I look, the sports I participate in, etc. I can see how you would not see the difference, but carry on with the site.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

Right. It's totally feasible for me to track Innoruuk for 96 hours(+24 hours repeating if it falls within the last 15% of spawn window).

These are guild efforts. I've tracked Faydedar as a necromancer. Don't need anything. I've had druids track Inny. As far as I know, not a single thing drops from Inny for them. To track these mobs and have an effort at them requires effort from a LOT of people. Which is why these huge guilds exist.

Here is a thread from those who don't have the resources to do this. And your response is, sorry we need everything, but if you want your epic piece please deposit 200,000-500,000 platinum into our bank.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mav if it wouldn't be really kitschy to copy your guild's funny troll, I feel you would be the star of a similar webpage created by us.

I don't see it happening for reasons stated, but cmon lol, you gotta admit that would be a good one too.

Mav your question has been answered a number of times. Just because it's a complex answer doesn't mean it hasn't been answered.
not my question pretty sure I stated that multiple times. You guys are free to kill whatever you want in my opinion.
Planar Protector

the content, not the circumstances, is what makes it truly funny
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People will track the mobs they want something from.
Although I am sure TMO was at fault for the BDA/FE Maestro fiasco today, we weren't there. We weren't tracking him. In fact, we haven't been tracking a few things lately.
Noone said TMO had anything to do with it. But I will now. TMO wasn't there this morning, but they are responsible for the raid scene being what it is. If it weren't for TMO, FE wouldn't be FE.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
the content, not the circumstances, is what makes it truly funny
one being a fat, sociopath, virgin and the other being an in shape injured athlete who posts factual information and "proves it." Go for it.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Mav your question has been answered a number of times. Just because it's a complex answer doesn't mean it hasn't been answered.
i expect a meccezan spinoff asap, just translate the page to spanish and put mexican hats on all the pictures
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one being a fat, sociopath, virgin and the other being an in shape injured athlete who posts factual information and "proves it." Go for it.
You are going with this? Seriously?

Don't take this the wrong way, but after this and your divorce ribbing on Alawen, I kind of want to shoot you in the face.
Pickahippy - 52 Druid
All priest, all the time.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thana8088 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are going with this? Seriously?

Don't take this the wrong way......I kind of want to shoot you in the face.
LALS!
Closed Thread