Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Silo, must you even troll the bug threads?

Anyway like most stuff this isn't cut and dried. Unless we had an actual log resist rates we'll never know for sure. I just feel that based on the evidence its far more likely that 255 was the cap, and the -150 was added because really what else could they do? Trakanon has the same amount of HP as Nagafen and Vox and they wanted to make him a challenge.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 02-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Banned

Nag/Vox breaths had -modifiers too. You didn't resist them as easily as say a flame shock from an NPC. I'm aware of level differences, fact remains. Dragon roar was harder to resist than a casted fear from a red con NPC as well.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 PM
Kobold

Although I'm all for making certain mobs harder, basing all of this off what someone said on a forum isn't good enough. People say dumb things on the forums all the time (see VS).
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

It's not harder, its more classic. 0 people stacked MR to 400 to resist VS tap. It was not possible.

Higher resist items will be going in for Velious. It will be VERY sad to see some melee in 400 magic/Velious ac gear and a cleric stamp him down.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-28-2013 at 07:51 PM..
Old 02-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Silo, must you even troll the bug threads?

Anyway like most stuff this isn't cut and dried. Unless we had an actual log resist rates we'll never know for sure. I just feel that based on the evidence its far more likely that 255 was the cap, and the -150 was added because really what else could they do? Trakanon has the same amount of HP as Nagafen and Vox and they wanted to make him a challenge.
no im not trolling im sick of you guys that dont even play here do nothing but look for ways to "make this server classic" in your free time

you cant go by one post of some random guy that said something and assume by that one post to destroy the integrity of the server because you are over everquest

you guys use to post great info with reliable sources but lately i constantly see you guys posting "i am certain this is the way it was".. not good enough get lost post better info

i can post over 20+ replies by players in the 2000 circa that thought -cha helped necro's fear better and we know that its not the case....

one post isnt good enough to revamp an entire resist system, diminishing returns make sense but bards and primal always put players way way over the cap and it was just hearsay like your speculation

we need more info other than 2 guys posting about there thoughts and "this guy says" thats all i see

"sondoso says that getting over 255+ mr would make root land everytime i swear" your just as bad as the -cha guys lately

you are getting lazy im here to stop you from your bullshit
Old 02-28-2013, 10:05 PM
Banned

I play here (both servers).

We've changed things based on 1 person from a credible raid guild's comments before (OP has tons of stuff though).

Sorry I can't find 20 sources talking about resists going over 255. I can't find ANY saying get 400 resist or "I had about 400 resist and it never hit me" from 1999-2000 anywhere.

Why are you bringing up necro CHA? No one is saying that should be the case here.

There weren't many posts about things that weren't broken in live pal. There will never be patch notes for something like this. The guy who posted that isn't an idiot or just guessing.

I understand most of the people who claim to have played since 1999 don't know what the benefits of a necro or a shaman are or which to roll or want to start a rogue solo and complain about xp rates (totally unrelated to their rogue's ability to solo, but yet they complain).. or they fondly remember solo'ing Trakanon on their druid in whatever expansion and are used to ezmode EQ. Sorry this change has proof, and being unable to gimp VS with 400 magic or the other raid bosses rustles your ezpixel Jimmies.

Invis pulling is another one of these hotly defended topics by people such as you. It is goofy.
Last edited by Nirgon; 02-28-2013 at 10:43 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silo69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no im not trolling im sick of you guys that dont even play here do nothing but look for ways to "make this server classic" in your free time

you cant go by one post of some random guy that said something and assume by that one post to destroy the integrity of the server because you are over everquest

you guys use to post great info with reliable sources but lately i constantly see you guys posting "i am certain this is the way it was".. not good enough get lost post better info

i can post over 20+ replies by players in the 2000 circa that thought -cha helped necro's fear better and we know that its not the case....

one post isnt good enough to revamp an entire resist system, diminishing returns make sense but bards and primal always put players way way over the cap and it was just hearsay like your speculation

we need more info other than 2 guys posting about there thoughts and "this guy says" thats all i see

"sondoso says that getting over 255+ mr would make root land everytime i swear" your just as bad as the -cha guys lately

you are getting lazy im here to stop you from your bullshit
Of course I still play you tool, that's why I have like 10 characters in my sig.

And as I have stated about a million times, a 255 cap on resists is the logical thing. It should take evidence for resists to go over 255, not vice versa. If you wanna find a bunch of posts recommending 300PR for Trak be my guest.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Banned

Here's an account of a player with 255 poison/magic..

Source:
Quote:
Encsed in Forst? Blister? Root? Hrm.. doesn't seem to be the AE stuff that woushi does when we kill her. I'm on the Inoruuk server, and we've killed her, but only probs we have are her Stun (gawd that is annoying) and her fear. We do full poison resist and have no problem about AE nukes or AE DoT's.. Just that stupid-
"You begin to cast Lure of Frost"
"You are stunned"
"Your casting has been inturupted"
"You lose Control of yourself"
"You are no longer stunned"
"You gain Control"
"You are stunned"
"You are stunned"
"You are no longer stunned"
"You are stunned"

GAWD it's a nightmare!!! (Had 255MR and 255PR (Thanx Bard)) and STILL Got stunned and feared.
Another gem regarding players should have a chance to resist naked (bout 5%, same source)
Quote:
I reisted his ICE spells twince NAKED! was damn lucky I guess, had time to gate
Old 07-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

While max resists displayed should be 255, there is evidence that the resist number does not roll over and that the server actually uses the additional resist that isn't displayed above 255:

http://web.archive.org/web/200106301...bard_talk.html

Quote:
ITEM: Resists.

DESCRIPTION: One of the key things that bards offer their groups, especially at higher levels, is resistance boosting. Bards would like to see a greater value for resists that get up to or near 255. There is also a rumor that there is a roll-over bug when resists exceed 255 that should be dispelled.

Resists over 255 don't roll over, but there isn't much evidence that they do anything. With 500 MR I resist all fears from Klandicar. People with 100 say they resist most, with 175 they say they resist all. With 430 MR I resisted very little from the enchanter warder in ST. Resists may or may not be working properly, but it's certain that having a bard is not as useful as having another class, and this is with MR - the resist a bard can buff far beyond all others.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

That post seems to say the guy thinks resists cap at 255.