Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:01 PM
Aviak

More on that...

The argument in live classic was, player made rules were generally agreed upon by a group of players, not ALL players, outside of the game on a player administered webpage that was not outlined as a game requirement in the eula.

Technically, it is NOT classic for a GM to intervene for clarification, punishment or "deathtouching the raid and despawning the mob." The Gm can watch to make sure it's pulled, killed and looted fairly. But to enforced player agreed rules is not legit .

I really love this server , And really love what you guys are trying to do here, but thats just a gross abuse of power, and far far from classic ruling. You ban people for ninjalooting, kiting trains, stealing established pulls, and many other reasons. Not for having the first force to kill a mob (first force to kill is first to engage. if you can sit there for 20 minutes and cant pull it first, you cant kill it)

Thats just my two cents, feel free to flame away if you disagree. I just think this current system is really silly.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Technically, it is NOT classic for a GM to intervene for clarification, punishment or "deathtouching the raid and despawning the mob." The Gm can watch to make sure it's pulled, killed and looted fairly. But to enforced player agreed rules is not legit .
Not entirely true. On Emarr Uini had finally had enough of a guild called Ebonlore, she disbanded the guild, banned Ewle the guild leader & made a serverwide announcement regarding that fact. This is amongst the long list of things that Uini did, among them were depopping mobs, death touching guild leaders & banning players.

On several occasions on Emarr player "enforced" rotations were upheld and maintained by the GM's, and I remember it occurring on a few other servers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:39 PM
Aviak

I've seen gm's fired for that.~
Old 05-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Kobold

can't get fired if you own the server
Old 05-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evorix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can't get fired if you own the server
Right but thats kinda the point...
Old 05-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Nilbog has made it very clear he is a true classicist. That means at some point they need to back off and let the players handle the raid disputes amongst themselves. This is not a programming issue that takes time to fix or figure out a bug or glitch, its a moral/judgement issue. "When can we back off and let the players handle their own problems."

If a mob is bugged, thats where the gm's intervene. If a guild trains , uses vulgarity, ninjaloots or Attempts/succeeds and kill steal, thats where gm intervenes. If players break their own rules, that's their own honor, and there are ways of handling it.

If i make a new guild tomorrow would they be subject to these rules? They had no part in making or agreeing to them. So technically they are not a part of it.

Like I said before ... Silly. Childish and silly.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nilbog has made it very clear he is a true classicist. That means at some point they need to back off and let the players handle the raid disputes amongst themselves. This is not a programming issue that takes time to fix or figure out a bug or glitch, its a moral/judgement issue. "When can we back off and let the players handle their own problems."

If a mob is bugged, thats where the gm's intervene. If a guild trains , uses vulgarity, ninjaloots or Attempts/succeeds and kill steal, thats where gm intervenes. If players break their own rules, that's their own honor, and there are ways of handling it.

If i make a new guild tomorrow would they be subject to these rules? They had no part in making or agreeing to them. So technically they are not a part of it.

Like I said before ... Silly. Childish and silly.
There has to be some order and rules to raiding. Otherwise a guild like IB or any guild really that has the power to can say "Fuck you all we are taking every raid mob and there is nothing you can do about it, even if we got there second we are pulling and engaging".

Without order there is chaos, and I even though I wasnt there for it I believe this is the reason the rotation was put in and also the reason we now have these set of rules.

And by the way, rotations and various other rules were upheld by GMs on various live servers. On my server we had a rotation!
Old 05-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Kobold

I'm pretty sure it's not IB as a whole. I've met a few players in the guild who were overly generous to me on many occasions.

Since we're on the topic of childishness, you might wanna try blaming the individuals and NOT the whole guild.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
That means at some point they need to back off and let the players handle the raid disputes amongst themselves.
This is how we started the server. If you're really interested in how the current rules developed, I'm sure its still available in search. Days and days of posts in there.

I would.. *love* to never have to be called to intervene on anything. The prospect that players can decide things for themselves was and is the goal. It did NOT happen like that here.

I don't have the time to type up the whole story for you, but I'm sure other people know it and like I said, a plethora of reading is available in the search.

We gave the players... more than enough time and opportunities for their own rules. Then weeks of suggestions.

This needs more effort from the players, *not* the GMs. Please work out things amongst yourselves, and never call us. You don't have to follow our stupid rules if you can police yourselves. If a GM is called.. be prepared for a verdict though, just like on Live.

I can't stress strongly enough about how bad it was prior to raid rules. Wow.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacksrage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure it's not IB as a whole. I've met a few players in the guild who were overly generous to me on many occasions.

Since we're on the topic of childishness, you might wanna try blaming the individuals and NOT the whole guild.
http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7491
Closed Thread