Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

I think eq p good pvp game, haven't seen anything like jousting in any of the wow clones that come out every other month. spell system isnt spammy faceroll. cool classes like bards. no instances, world pvp, unlike new games its battlegrounds and arenas l a m e

every game copies wow and wow is like the bar for pvp game
Old 02-12-2012, 10:30 PM
Banned

EQ pvp has zone control, death penalty, loot reward (well not on awful red server), kiting and various exploitable mechanics, class selection and skill on red actually effects your playstyle instead of the entire game being one homogenous blob of cookie cutter button mashing pvp a la WoW/league o legend

red is bad but theres really no legitimate alternative. I get not liking EQ pvp but fun MMO pvp literally does not exist anywhere else.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Banned

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/o8Y9-JlSRXw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2012, 02:28 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I prefer red because of zone control and non-instanced pvp, but these people that post on the forums are ridiculous. EQ PVP is about as skill-less as you can get. It's pretty much 100% gear and RNG based. It can still be fun but there is no reason to act like a badass over it.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer red because of zone control and non-instanced pvp, but these people that post on the forums are ridiculous. EQ PVP is about as skill-less as you can get. It's pretty much 100% gear and RNG based. It can still be fun but there is no reason to act like a badass over it.
how exactly does my gear as a mage help me kill people in pvp? considering 80% of my kills i ended the fight at 100% hp solo. this would mean that its 100% skill and 0% gear. you guys have a lot to think about. EQ is the best PVP there is. its 100% about skill, you have to play like you were an assassin in real life. if you barge in the front door (world of warcraft style) and try to kill your opponent head on, well you're fucking dead. you need to use stealth, utility, knowledge of the game, and strategy to win. none of you bluebies understand this, thats why you played on red, got owned, then quit. You need to think, if you don't use that brain locked deep inside that hollow skull of yours, you will never win or have fun.

Red is only dying because 90% of the community cant handle it, thats the bottom line. It's too intense and they want to pretend its broken. the game isnt broken, your brain is broken.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Sarnak

Keep this shit in the red forums, nobody on the real server cares.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Banned

here is a clip of me trying to assassinate heartbrand. Heartbrand is a good player, if he was afk for 12 seconds he would have been dead, but he was on his fucking toes. the start of the video is me logging in, so its 100% impossible to know that I was in the zone. If you don't play like this, you won't make it on red.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1nj...eature=related
Old 02-13-2012, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep this shit in the red forums, nobody on the real server cares.
if they didn't care, they wouldn't reply
Old 02-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibekn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if they didn't care, they wouldn't reply
Nah, trolls are like fat kids at an all you can eat buffet...
Posts by red players are just ice cream to them
Closed Thread