Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

Sometimes I'll be playing a meelee character we have for raids with 215 MR, and He can get feared in hate from the ghasts like 70% of the time probably. It's pretty much rediculous
Old 04-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Planar Protector

Yeh, I used shammy MR pots to get over some 210MR during a few raids, but stopped wasting pp on those since it makes pretty much no difference.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:20 AM
Skeleton

Its because fear and charms are all or nothing, there is no chance for partials. NPC fears often have -MR resist checks as well.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

On live, the normal xp mobs didn't cast fear, but a different version of it.

It was Fear II and more of a stun.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.htm...75&source=Live

Edit: though this will probably just give mobs another way to stunlock us.
Last edited by Scrubby McGee; 04-30-2010 at 10:28 AM..
Old 05-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Skeleton

I needed a quest piece from Sol A today. I didn't buff my resists as I didn't think I would need to. I did not run into any trouble, but I was surprised by how easy it was for a green to nuke me. I'm level 50 and an 'inferno goblin wizard' which Alla's lists as level 26-27 was able to nuke me like:

'You feel your skin freeze over. You have taken 127 points of damage.'
'You are engulfed by lightning. You have taken 120 points of damage.'
'You feel your skin freeze over. You have taken 96 points of damage.'
'You are engulfed by lightning. You have taken 34 points of damage.'

Those are the only four spells he cast on me during the fight. I don't know for sure what spells he was casting, but if it was a player he would have Force Shock (179 max) and Frost Shock (187 max) at level 27. So I would guess I had 4 partial resists. Certainly I had not even one outright resist from a mob 23 levels lower than me. I know this is only one fight, so hardly overwhelming evidence. I would be glad to test more, if the GMs have a desire for that sort of thing.
Old 05-01-2010, 05:18 AM
Sarnak

wich means he hits for avg. about 50% on a target 23 lvl's higher. that totally BS if this server is supposed to be classic.

Everything that was +5 lvl's was in classic either direct resist or max 5-10% dmg. Plus a lvl 27 npc Wizard would never cast Force Shock or Frost Shock.

They never had spells from the last 2 player spell lvls, wich means he would most likely been casting Shock of Lightning (12), Fire Shock (16), Pillar of Fire (16) or Project lightning 16).

And Enchanter mobs only rarely used charm spells. Example. Evil Eyes (lvl 20-24 for nameds) usually only casted Tashan (4), Eye of Confusion (8), Choke (12) and Chaotic Feedback (8). The named did cast Rune 1 (12), Sanity warp (16), Quickness (16), Chase the moon (12), Enthrall (16) and rarely Charm (12)
(charm has a lvl 25 cap for PC's).

You could camp Evil Eyes all day long from lvl 20 solo as a mage if you depopped pet on nameds so he wouldn't get charmed without dying a single time, and they usually died in 2-3 casts if you engaged before they made pets

I wouldn't recommend soloing them at the state the server is now at lvl 20.
I started soloing those things on live at lvl 18. Usually people shared the throne in gorge, 1 person, or a small group on each side. only bad thing is all the mino and mudite adds at low lvls.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
but if any of the DEVS would do a post and at least put a blank message or a period in a post so that we know they have looked at this thread
no. we don't have to do this. if there's a 6 page thread in bugs, we didn't miss it.

This particular issue isn't in my realm of fixes, so you guys are still in the same spot. so, as you see, my response didn't help.
Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Kobold

The fact that we know you have looked is what makes the difference, and you saying that there isnt a fix at this point is handy. I know now that spending 20k on resist gear was pointless. Thank you for letting us know you have looked at this.

Holmes 50 nerco DA
Gretzky 24 ranger DA
Old 05-02-2010, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

Don't think any of us is expecting this to be fixed over night. At least I personally know it propably isn't just as easy to fix as some may think, but if people would stop ranting too much maybe the dev's would be more willing to share if they know anything more than us, or if their just as bewildered as us about stuff. Know you are doing a great job all, and personly I am impressed that EQEmu even made these servers able to run just at the stage they are in now
Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

any news?