Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 04:56 PM
Banned

I got 3 different rulings on one single camp.

It was 2 under-leveled orcs in Misty Thicket that spawn right next to each other and drop belts that give you exp 10+

Day 1- Someone is camping both and gives the camp to a friends and I. 15 mins later a new duo comes in and plops on our spot. Guide A rules its FTE and uses the phrasing that we need to hit the mobs first. He says we should go to a dungeon if we want to claim 2 mobs like these. I always respect what the Guide's/GMs say and follow it.

Day 2- There's a duo there. I start killing 1 orc just like Guide A ruled the previous night. They petition. Guide B comes in and says we each take 1 spawn point. It's a different ruling but fine.

Later Day 2- Same situation as before. I start killing 1 orc. Guide B comes in and banishes me from the camp. The situation was the same exact as earlier. Same guide gives a different ruling on the camp and what's a KS. Guide B starts insulting me a bit. Saying I'm like Alleriah who was banned for massive RMT. Says if I'm in petition again he's going to suspend me. Keep in mind I've played since blue classic and I've never ever been so much as warned for anything.

WTF are the rules? Good luck to you people doing competitive stuff on this server longer term. Up to a certain point you really have to roll the dice with this human element that can screw you at any moment if lets say they don't like the way you phrased something.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A wall of text
Thx Loramin but I don't want it playing embedded, would' not be kind to the forums especially when I have to comment multiple times in the same thread in the petition forums and it would be playing multiple times on someones screen
Old 10-28-2019, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

Guides should know the rules. The suspend threat is crazy. That guide shouldn't be a guide. This is a bit sad. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-28-2019, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Day 1: You can claim 1 mob outdoors, just like the day 2 ruling.

I think you may have missunderstood the guide that Day 1 ruling. Day 2 is the correct ruling.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an FTE mob on p99 outside of raid mobs? Seems odd that a GM would say "yeah you guys fight over it like rabid dogs"
Old 10-28-2019, 05:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Day 1: You can claim 1 mob outdoors, just like the day 2 ruling.

I think you may have missunderstood the guide that Day 1 ruling. Day 2 is the correct ruling.

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an FTE mob on p99 outside of raid mobs? Seems odd that a GM would say "yeah you guys fight over it like rabid dogs"
Wat. FTE is huge. You can't just take mobs that others pull first. That's what FTE is. Let's say you pull a kodiak and slowly bring him to 75% then I nuke him for 51% and let you finish him off. I'd be committing a KS because the other person had FTE.

Either way, FTE or not, I don't really care, I'd really just like something consistent. I got 3 different rulings on the same situation. What a fucking nightmare.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=325349
Old 10-28-2019, 06:10 PM
Aviak

The guides on these servers can be really stupid, most of the GM's on red99 had no idea how everquest worked, including Sirken. Huge inconsistencies between guide/GM ruling has always been the case.

Server is free and they are volunteers, some who just smoke pot all day and have very few brain cells (sirken), so like you said. just roll the die and hope for the best.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got 3 different rulings on one single camp.

It was 2 under-leveled orcs in Misty Thicket that spawn right next to each other and drop belts that give you exp 10+

Day 1- Someone is camping both and gives the camp to a friends and I. 15 mins later a new duo comes in and plops on our spot. Guide A rules its FTE and uses the phrasing that we need to hit the mobs first. He says we should go to a dungeon if we want to claim 2 mobs like these. I always respect what the Guide's/GMs say and follow it.

Day 2- There's a duo there. I start killing 1 orc just like Guide A ruled the previous night. They petition. Guide B comes in and says we each take 1 spawn point. It's a different ruling but fine.

Later Day 2- Same situation as before. I start killing 1 orc. Guide B comes in and banishes me from the camp. The situation was the same exact as earlier. Same guide gives a different ruling on the camp and what's a KS. Guide B starts insulting me a bit. Saying I'm like Alleriah who was banned for massive RMT. Says if I'm in petition again he's going to suspend me. Keep in mind I've played since blue classic and I've never ever been so much as warned for anything.

WTF are the rules? Good luck to you people doing competitive stuff on this server longer term. Up to a certain point you really have to roll the dice with this human element that can screw you at any moment if lets say they don't like the way you phrased something.
Post logs in petition forum and the errant guides will get straightened out.
Old 10-28-2019, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post logs in petition forum and the errant guides will get straightened out.
I was gonna say, every time someone makes a post like this a GM shows up with screenshots like:

You told player: Gm here about a petition.
Player tells you: So you're going with ballgod's side nerd? Haha whats up douche bag, it's Tanner from high school. Remember me? Me and the guys used to give you a hard time in school. Sorry you were just an easy target lol. I can see not much has changed. remember Sarah the girl you had a crush on? Yeah we're married now. I make over 200k a year and drive a Mustang GT. I guess somethings never change huh loser? Nice catching up lol! pathetic... anyway, I swear I did not train her I did not!
Old 10-28-2019, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Hahaha
Closed Thread