Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2020, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppkins_Wytchfinder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im also regretting even relying. No doubt the freedom of speech edgelord brigade will soon arrive to tell me how evil i was to try and disagree with another viewpoint -_-
I prefer freedom of speech, but I recommend you don't use the idea of it as a shield to justify your own rationalizations, beliefs, and bad ideas.

You are free to say and do things, but even saying something mean has very serious consequences. So just because a thing can be said, doesn't necessarily follow that it should be being said.

Calling people names on here is harmful. Is it somewhat legal? Sorta, the mods will delete the worst stuff. We should be kind and thoughtful with our speech here. Many of us come to EQ to get away from really tough situations IRL. The time we spend on EQ may be the 4 hrs out of the day after a 16 hr double shift at Walmart that resets us. Or keeps us alive overseas in Iraq and brings us home to mom.

EQ definitely has been a big part of why I am a good person and not a dead person.

Be nice.

Love.
~lillia
Old 03-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but even saying something mean has very serious consequences.
only to insecure people who've been rejected from life. Been there, and know how it feels. And also know it's their responsibility to ACT different in their own time, giving them more self respect - thus letting these things bounces off them.

it's your own fault if it really affects you. at the end of the day, the only reason they are being an arse hole is because they've got serious problems of their own.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchthroe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
only to insecure people who've been rejected from life. Been there, and know how it feels. And also know it's their responsibility to ACT different in their own time, giving them more self respect - thus letting these things bounces off them.

it's your own fault if it really affects you. at the end of the day, the only reason they are being an arse hole is because they've got serious problems of their own.
Yes, and no. We don't need to constantly abuse each other verbally. Call a child enough names and put it down enough, and it will grow to resent you. Love & encouragement is better at creating a good life for us all. When we say mean things to other people, it is US who are in pain. It's not always about the other person. We don't need to transfer that pain to others verbally, we can also be free to say "I am hurting because it is so frightening that I spent 80 hrs on this quest and my expectations aren't getting met". It's not about the other players all the time. Why are we so upset at the stuff in this game?

Criticism is really important, be free to give it, but it's better to get consent before dispensing it with careless words and no positive feedback. Again. If you have something tough to say, try to say it in a loving way.

We all need to blow off steam, but having lived a tough life, I prefer to be nice, I am just passing that along so that we can all feel a bit better and feel free to be a bit kinder. By no means am I going to punish you for being angry and mad, but I will gently keep reminding you.

The title of this thread is pretty heartless IMO. That is my criticism of the whole situation. Take it or leave it. Love works better. Even in EQ.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, and no. We don't need to constantly abuse each other verbally. Call a child enough names and put it down enough, and it will grow to resent you. Love & encouragement is better at creating a good life for us all. When we say mean things to other people, it is US who are in pain. It's not always about the other person. We don't need to transfer that pain to others verbally, we can also be free to say "I am hurting because it is so frightening that I spent 80 hrs on this quest and my expectations aren't getting met". It's not about the other players all the time. Why are we so upset at the stuff in this game?

Criticism is really important, be free to give it, but it's better to get consent before dispensing it with careless words and no positive feedback. Again. If you have something tough to say, try to say it in a loving way.

We all need to blow off steam, but having lived a tough life, I prefer to be nice, I am just passing that along so that we can all feel a bit better and feel free to be a bit kinder. By no means am I going to punish you for being angry and mad, but I will gently keep reminding you.

The title of this thread is pretty heartless IMO. That is my criticism of the whole situation. Take it or leave it. Love works better. Even in EQ.
To my surprise - I absolutely agree.

I try and be as nice as possible and get so much shit for it, it's unreal.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:32 PM
Orc

second sentence isn't really related to your post I guess, it's a mini rant. I read yours 3 times.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchthroe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
second sentence isn't really related to your post I guess, it's a mini rant. I read yours 3 times.
Thanks, I was more responding to myself, then you. Lol Appreciate it!

/pras it

<3
Old 03-09-2020, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Hope you guys end up being nice to each other someday. It's a shame that w niche community is at each other's throats for the past 9 years, although I think the original group of people here were cooler and it's just kinda bottomed out from there. Point is.you're using tools that you have: mean words and virtual dress up dolls to pass time before the finally void takes you, and I think that's beautiful.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope you guys end up being nice to each other someday.
If you're talking about everyone that plays, you'd be better off hoping for world peace. Impossible
Old 03-09-2020, 02:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope you guys end up being nice to each other someday. It's a shame that w niche community is at each other's throats for the past 9 years, although I think the original group of people here were cooler and it's just kinda bottomed out from there. Point is.you're using tools that you have: mean words and virtual dress up dolls to pass time before the finally void takes you, and I think that's beautiful.
Small story, I remember running around a private vanilla wow server, just started, thought I'd found the land of hope and glory. Shared a moment killing hogger with a group, and I whispered to the dude that was melee along with me once we'd finished "This is awesome xD"

I proceeded to get trolled for about 5 hours, without replying to anyone... With occasional "Are you gay?" whispers. Then I just stopped playing. Load of faggots.

People are pieces of shit. Nothing can be done about that.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like we got this way somehow and we could stop being this way somehow. It might just be that gamers and by extension men are trash people. #notallmen #mcfarction
Closed Thread