Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-01-2022, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mez is supposed to only mem wipe on initial cast resulting in stacking aggro afterwards. On P99 every mez even on an already mezzed mob wipes their memory. This is why Enchanters never get aggro and it is provably a not classic bug which has been reported and is in the black hole.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Blanket_of_Forgetfulness

I don't see how that nerf would significantly change how the class is played.

Channeling is a different story. But I don't agree that solo enchanters with hasted torched summoning pets are trivializing the game, there's still very little margin for error there. The class is overpowered but it's also a lot more challenging to play than pressing pet attack or auto attack, at least if you want to get the most out of it.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:40 PM
Banned

I personally don’t think that charm was as unreliable as Az remembers it, but I will agree that mez blur rate seems weirdly high on P99

It’s high to the point where if you use it to try to control a caster, you have to always follow it with a quick tash to prevent the blur from inadvertently healing the mob back up. It seems to blur like 75%+ of the time. I don’t remember that from playing a chanter to like lev 40ish in vanilla
Old 11-01-2022, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But I don't agree that solo enchanters with hasted torched summoning pets are trivializing the game
High risk, high reward

What’s trivializing the game is people playing it so long as to get best in slot gear in every slot to where they are no longer worried for their life when charm breaks on a hasted mob 3 times in a row in tight quarters

For the rest of us scrub casuals, that is still incredibly dangerous
Old 11-01-2022, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not going to rehash the state of Enchanters. They are undeniably not classic and proven broken. Everyone has all kinds of theories and reasons why it's not true. Don't care, it's already proven. Channeling is proven to be absurdly stupidly broken on P99 with literal GM statements on official forums explaining exactly how it is supposed to work. The fact that it isn't fixed coming up on a year now tells me P99 is dead. They had time for instanced servers and fast mob spawns but not for fixing channeling, mob push, mana amounts, ZEMs, and so on to actually recreate classic. P99 has abandoned classic. It nerfs classic mechanics, ignores classic bug reports, and introduces custom mechanics like list, fast spawns, nerfed quests. The list will only expand over time.
Old 11-02-2022, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
High risk, high reward

What’s trivializing the game is people playing it so long as to get best in slot gear in every slot to where they are no longer worried for their life when charm breaks on a hasted mob 3 times in a row in tight quarters

For the rest of us scrub casuals, that is still incredibly dangerous
I don't think BIS is that tanky compared to an enchanter in good dungeon/planar gear. Maybe ~500 more HP and a couple hundred AC. That's significant but it's not going to allow you to play carelessly or anything with a real strong pet. The biggest difference IMO is the extra ~1k mana and flowing thought. That's an extra rapture and a few slow casts if needed on a really tough mob, that's a huge edge over the 'casual' player. And FT 6+ is like having an extra free mana tap going at all times.
Old 11-02-2022, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to rehash the state of Enchanters. They are undeniably not classic and proven broken. Everyone has all kinds of theories and reasons why it's not true. Don't care, it's already proven. Channeling is proven to be absurdly stupidly broken on P99 with literal GM statements on official forums explaining exactly how it is supposed to work. The fact that it isn't fixed coming up on a year now tells me P99 is dead. They had time for instanced servers and fast mob spawns but not for fixing channeling, mob push, mana amounts, ZEMs, and so on to actually recreate classic. P99 has abandoned classic. It nerfs classic mechanics, ignores classic bug reports, and introduces custom mechanics like list, fast spawns, nerfed quests. The list will only expand over time.
yep
Old 11-02-2022, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
P99 dead? How that dueling server going? LOL. Even the red players laughed you off.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think BIS is that tanky compared to an enchanter in good dungeon/planar gear. Maybe ~500 more HP and a couple hundred AC. That's significant but it's not going to allow you to play carelessly or anything with a real strong pet. The biggest difference IMO is the extra ~1k mana and flowing thought. That's an extra rapture and a few slow casts if needed on a really tough mob, that's a huge edge over the 'casual' player. And FT 6+ is like having an extra free mana tap going at all times.
lol a bis enc is a raid boss compared to planar...its honestly like playing a different class with what you can get away with...lots of people forget how much AC mitigates damage from non-raid mobs

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zarza

Zarza has 700-1k hp and 50% more AC on me and I've got some decent stuff.

The extra mana pool is nothing...enc prio goes:

FT8 > AC > HP > CHA if you're focusing on solo challenges

Pretty comical seeing people comment on enchanters that really have no idea what they're talking about. Zarza tanked Vindi with almost 4800 buffed HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Last edited by Toxigen; 11-02-2022 at 10:08 AM..
Old 11-02-2022, 10:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol a bis enc is a raid boss compared to planar...its honestly like playing a different class with what you can get away with...lots of people forget how much AC mitigates damage from non-raid mobs

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Zarza

Zarza has 700-1k hp and 50% more AC on me and I've got some decent stuff.

The extra mana pool is nothing...enc prio goes:

FT8 > AC > HP > CHA if you're focusing on solo challenges

Pretty comical seeing people comment on enchanters that really have no idea what they're talking about. Zarza tanked Vindi with almost 4800 buffed HP.
I'm pretty sure Zarza tried to tank vindi but never actually lived the whole fight, even with instant chain. I could be wrong but I remember him going splat really quick lol

Wish zarza would come back, was an awesome player [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you zarza for trying to help me get serrated symbol that entire year lmao, stupid random rolls [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2022, 11:46 AM
Banned

From the perspective of a casual in pretty terrible gear for my level (56), one thing I’ve noticed when it comes to survivability is a difference in mob bash

When I was lower level, bash used to whiff. Bash nowadays has what feels like a 90% hit chance. Other mobs swings miss way more often than bash. Bash almost always lands, and always stuns (through runes but it’s always been like this)

This means there is about a 90% chance that my first stun attempt will be interrupted via bash. Now if I have a hasted blue con mob swinging at me, that means before I can re-stun, my 2 runes are gone and I’m at 75% or less health. If for some reason root has broken off my target, or my target is nuking me before I can mez it, or another add has come from some unexpected source, AND I have the hasted mob interrupting my first stun….decent chance I might die

Not sure if AC changes any of this, but bash didn’t used to be the guaranteed interrupt it is at level 56