Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 03:20 AM
Sarnak

This is an interesting thread so far. I think I will summarize the events thus far:

MetalBDA: Hey, is it ok if TMO does this? explains possible exploit

Relapse: That's dumb, of course it's ok! Don't be silly you giant silly-goose. (proceeds to do x-rated stuff to TMO in hopes of potential free pixels in the future?)

TMO PR rep #1-3: We can neither confirm nor deny that it ever happened, but we don't use that exploit...we use others nowadays.

MetalBDA: I'm just asking if it is ok if TMO does it.

Relapse: *yum yum yum yum* TMO, this tastes wonderful! (PMs TMO: so when do I get my CoF?)

TMO PR reps: We know that exploit isn't possible here, here, here or here, but we don't do it...we promise! Also, other exploits are soooo much easier.

MetalBDA: I'm only asking because it seems that other people can't use it and it only takes a few minutes for TMO to get a guide's attention.

Relapse bla bla: * remain silent to see TMO's reaction*

TMO Rep 54238: Ss or it didn't happen.

TMO Rep 73522: We can now confirm that this lev trick is illegal and has been for a long time. This is common knowledge, people, come on! *updates pocket rules lawyer book on things to not do when other guilds might be frapsing*

Derubael: Shut up TMO, and yes it is illegal. If I see anybody doing it, I will respond. Don't do stuff that you know is wrong. Also, app more mages.

Spacebar: *in before thread lock*
Last edited by Spacebar; 11-16-2013 at 03:38 AM..
Old 11-16-2013, 03:22 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the full context here? Or is Deru wrong? Or did staff policy change?

God knows staff have seen me (and probably a thousand other players) lev trick ingame without ever saying a word, let alone taking more forceful action because of this "exploit."
Per the RNF thread, a few late BDA were trying to levitate up a ledge in perma, and TMO petitioned. Derubael told us not too, so BDA all dropped down and went around the long way. And still went and killed Vox :shrug:

And yes, this is the same lev trick you and many others have used in HS and such.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:26 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

If you're exploiting your client to gain an advantage, consider it against the rules.

If you're using it to get yourself stuck in the middle of KC in DL, consider yourself a goofball.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacebar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an interesting thread so far. I think I will summarize the events thus far:

MetalBDA: Hey, is it ok if TMO does this? explains possible exploit

Relapse et al: That's dumb, of course it's ok! Don't be silly you giant silly-goose. (proceeds to do x-rated stuff to TMO in hopes of potential free pixels in the future?)

TMO PR rep #1-3: We can neither confirm nor deny that it ever happened, but we don't use that exploit...we use others nowadays.

MetalBDA: I'm just asking if it is ok if TMO does it.

Relaps et al: *yum yum yum yum* TMO, this tastes wonderful! (PMs TMO: so when do I get my CoF?)

TMO PR reps: We know that exploit isn't possible here, here, here or here, but we don't do it...we promise! Also, other exploits are soooo much easier.

MetalBDA: I'm only asking because it seems that other people can't use it and it only takes a few minutes for TMO to get a guide's attention.

Relapse et al: * remain silent to see TMO's reaction*

TMO Rep 54238: Ss or it didn't happen.

TMO Rep 73522: We can now confirm that this lev trick is illegal and has been for a long time. This is common knowledge, people, come on! *updates pocket rules lawyer book on things to not do when other guilds might be frapsing*

Derubael: Shut up TMO, and yes it is illegal. If I see anybody doing it, I will respond. Don't do stuff that you know is wrong. Also, app more mages.

Spacebar: *in before thread lock*

It's totally not illegal, next thing you guys will be saying it's illegal to fall without taking fall damage.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by contemptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per the RNF thread, a few late BDA were trying to levitate up a ledge in perma, and TMO petitioned. Derubael told us not too, so BDA all dropped down and went around the long way. And still went and killed Vox :shrug:

And yes, this is the same lev trick you and many others have used in HS and such.
You dont need to lev trick into hs south.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh wow, just saw this gem:

I have a guild for you to join, im the leader and its called <Tinfoil Hat>. Everyone has been telling me you're perfect for my guild, ill be happy to make you an officer. Keep acting like a retard, get treated like one.

BDA should know better. Staff gives 0 fucks about any of your guilds. We're just here to make sure you aren't cheating to get your pixels.
I told you Anthrax would be perfect
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Banned

fraps'd/reported someone doing this in KC to get on the walls at the entrance, was told it was not an exploit since "anyone can do it" despite the fact that it does not work for me when i try
Old 11-16-2013, 08:09 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Colgate - we watched your fraps, then tested it ourselves. Doing what you are describing doesn't take any client glitching.

The person in your fraps WAS glitching their client to get extra height out of their lev, but it wasn't needed in order to get over to the ledge, which is why we said it wasn't an exploit.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:15 AM
Banned

when i run, regardless of selo's speed or not, i lose too much height to get up there; i would have to start higher up in the air to make it. the person i fraps'd probably also has the same issue, which is why, i assume, they were doing it

however, i'm also unable to window drag to gain height with levitate on, so i'm fucked either way
Old 11-16-2013, 08:17 AM
Planar Protector

Rellapse 35 will be my new forum hero /salut you gained lanzellot on your side

that mr bean graphic is awesome too and is the answer to most of the forumfolks here[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]