Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe. but at least the community would know.
This isnt about nihi or tmo or anyone else. its about any cheats.
Pras nilbog
Old 04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
VIP / Contributor

All this talk of IP bans. Let me reset my router real quick.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

out the names
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you guys deleting the accounts? or perma-blocking them?

Once the dust settles, you should consider giving out their stuff in EC or crushbone or something. Would make for a good event and deter others from doing the same as well as make a few noobs happy.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I agree that IP bans are largely useless, it wouldn't be your router you're going to need to reset to get around them.

Unless whoever is dishing them out is putting 192.x.x.x addresses in the ban list, but that's not going to work out well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47shadesofgay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I agree that IP bans are largely useless, it wouldn't be your router you're going to need to reset to get around them.

Unless whoever is dishing them out is putting 192.x.x.x addresses in the ban list, but that's not going to work out well. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That wouldn't work, and neither would MAC addresses. Proxies are easy to come by and not difficult to set up either. It's got to be tied to the account (and probably at the login server?) otherwise it wouldn't work.

I have a dynamic IP via DSL, and simply rebooting the modem would give me another IP address, sometimes drastically different.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Kobold

A+!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Num1RecommendedByDentists [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
out the names
Old 04-10-2013, 03:27 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that Ephi, The Seventh Hammer?
u bet it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where has this attitude been for three years? Sorry to be such a downer here, but this server and the GMs have had a pretty poor record with respect to dealing with cheaters. I'm glad that you're taking a much harsher approach, I really am, but I'm also very wary.
the attitude hasnt changed. as our tools improve, our methods improve. stop getting your info from mad/bad/sad people on the forums, and your outlook will improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad these are bans, and not 365(ish?) warnings. Now I just hope the bans are permanent.
they are indeed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the second major round of account bans / deleveling. Agreed accounts should have been banned the first time. Most accounts that were deleveled were back to 60 in a couple weeks. But the fight has been never ending I'm sure.
no need for delevel. the accounts were perma banned for 3rd party software.

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 04-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Orc

Quote:

People are stupid.