Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Well I think Sakuragi and Pint are very close here. I'm not going to count the fungi, but just subtracting out Sakuragi's iksar regeneration and 10% greater CH efficiency Pint's tanking advantage drops to 10%, which is about equivalent to Sakuragi's offensive advantage. As long as the cleric isn't out of mana, I'd rather have the offense. Pint's ability to heal/loh the enchanter probably makes it about equal. In a camp with lower level mobs (say the Disco) the equation changes but the result is probably about the same: taunt works more, but stuns become extremely useful.

The key variable here though is that Sakuragi has the best weapons in the game. Just check out my magelo vs Pint: he's saved over a million pp. If you swap his epic/shissar combo for a RMoY/Trochilic's Skean, then suddenly Pint is going to be much better. So if you have elite gear as a warrior you're roughly equivalent to a hybrid in XP groups (and much better for bosses). The problems are a) during your leveling process you won't have that gear and b) getting that gear requires either a lot of farming or a lot of batphoning. Again, I think warriors are a strong class. They are just very endgame oriented and rather 1-dimensional.

Would I do it again? Sakuragi has been the only really consistent tank for the A-Team over the past year, and he's extremely useful for minibosses like Ixi and General V'ghera as well. Plus I had the enchanter to farm up the pp needed to buy my gear. The biggest reason I would consider rolling monk/sk/paladin is they have somewhat more complicated gameplay where skill matters more than gear. At this point if I had to do it over again I think I'd go Monk, but maybe Velious will come out and Sakuragi will finally get some actual armor/be extremely useful with discs and I'll change my mind again.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 10-30-2013 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Aviak

Hi !

Really enjoyed your guide and thanks for writing. One thing I have noticed that seperates good warriors and grat warriors are how they target and pick up on mobs.

I would like to hear exactly how you target mobs while playing , it cant be just tab'ing.

Ogres cant see the mob half the time would love to hear their prespective.

Like when pulls go to shit , you get 3 mobs instead of two and do not have any crowd control.

Thanks,

Dantragg
Old 10-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

I generally tab target mobs and start disc early on big pulls while back pedaling around so that way my casters can root cc the mobs apart from each other. You can get a little aggro on each mob however try not to push more than 1 into summoning range.

If no root at all just try to tank all with evasive up. Focus 1 but try to proc atleast once on each mob however it is highly unlikely you won't have root as all healers get it.

+ Side note tab targeting won't target charm pets which is good
Last edited by Peekae; 10-30-2013 at 08:05 PM..
Old 12-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Fire Giant

When does blade of strategy become off-hand wieldable?
Old 12-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

On live, it was Velious +10 months.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Good read, thanks for your efforts.

Are 2 hand weapons at all viable for threat generation? I used a Throneblade of the Ykesha for a while with my ranger on live, and it always seemed like a threat MONSTER. This is pure 12 year old anecdote, but it felt like it procced waay more often than other weapons - if I read the guide correctly, proc chances are static across weapons?

Seems like a fat, slow 2hander with a proc should be win... how does the math bear that out?

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22
...it may take a few repetitions to get the rogue out of his chemically induced Netflix trance.
This made me lol@work
Last edited by Droog007; 12-10-2013 at 04:08 PM..
Old 12-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A valid (if poorly worded) question about 2h threat generation.
Maybe the 2h ratios just aren't high enough to compete, and/or the MH bonus is the same for 2h'ers (when does this change?).

I'm still curious where TBoY ranks among (or how far beneath) popular warrior weaponry in terms of threat potential.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Problem with 2 handers is aggro consistency at the start of a pull IMO. If you miss once or twice that's a good amount of time gaining 0 aggro. Overall I just feel dual wielding is better in most group or trash killing situations.

That being said once you proc it won't matter too much. On harder hitting mobs ( raid targets using mallet clicks) a slow 2h or dagas + shield is actually quite nice.

Edit: overall threat throne blade isn't bad but something along the lines of rod of mourning would be better for consistent 2h threat.... Or jagged blade of war of course :P
Last edited by Peekae; 12-11-2013 at 03:20 PM..
Old 12-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droog007 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe the 2h ratios just aren't high enough to compete, and/or the MH bonus is the same for 2h'ers (when does this change?).

I'm still curious where TBoY ranks among (or how far beneath) popular warrior weaponry in terms of threat potential.
Velious released December 2000, the 2handed change happened Oct 8th 2001. So 11 months after Veliious.

Looking at current weapons the warrior epic (in 2h mode) has the best ratio of any 2hander at 36/41.
The best ratio set of 1h weapons for a war would be sword of the shissar and razor fang of xygoz (both 14/23).

According to the link within this thread: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...e+bonus&page=3 the current damage bonus for 2handed weapons 50+ is level-7/3 so at lvl 60 the two-handed damage bonus would be 60-7/3 = 17.6, going to round down and call it 17.

1hand damage bonus (just for people who don't know already) is level - 25 / 3, so at 60 it is 60-25/3 = 11.66. (since its well established its 11 at 60 I know I can round down to 11).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuragi's Warrior Guide
As a warrior, your primary means of generating threat is by beating on your target monster. Every time you swing your weapon, hit or miss, you will generate WeaponDamage+DamageBonus aggro.
So for the best two-handed ratio ignoring procs you're looking at 36+17 = 53 threat per hit

Best one hander ignoring procs looking at 14+11=25 threat per hit on the main hand.

The lowest common denominator between the two delays (41 for the 2h and 23 for the 1h) is 943.

41 goes into 943, 23 times. (twohanded swings)
23 goes into 943, 41 times. (onehanded swings)

Threat equals # of swings * threat generation of weapon (base weap. damage+damage bonus)
Threat generated by the 2handed weapon = 23*53 = 1219
Threat generated by the 1handed weapon = 41*25 = 1025

This means to surpass the 2handed weapon in threat generation the offhand, doing 14 threat per swing, would need to swing 14 times while the main hand swings 41 times which means DW needs to activate 34% of the time.

This isn't even factoring in a second hand to proc double attack with, it's pretty clear that right now dual wielding is going to significantly beat out two handed weapons.

Post Velious the two-handed damage bonus becomes more complicated. It's the exact same for delays between 28 and 39. For delay 40-42 its 1 point higher. For delays 43 and 44 its 3 points higher. For delays 45+ its (Delay - 31)/3 higher (example, tantors tusk has 60 delay its damage bonus would be base+(delay -31)/3 = 17+(60-31)/3 = 26.6 rounded down to 26 bonus.

I'm getting rambly but in the above scenario you'd basically add 1 more threat per swing cause the warrior epic has 41 delay. Giving its total threat = 1242 which would mean the off-hand would need to swing 16 times before overtaking the two-handed weapon which means DW needs to activate 39% of the time.

I'm not going to compare velious era weapons but I just don't see it ever being advisable to tank with a two-hander as a dual wielding class if threat generation is your only concern.

Could be a whole different world for Pal/SK though.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 12-11-2013 at 03:40 PM..
Old 12-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Banned

you need to put in your twink paragraph that painbringer is the best twink weapon and it procs at lvl 1.

also, need to add in giant text somewhere that ogres are the best.
Closed Thread