Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the pet EXP nerf is not good. It makes a pet class a completely different class than it otherwise could/would be. Basically changes the game completely. I already hate mages (to play) but the pet exp nerf just makes the whole experience retarded.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

It'd be nice to see a developer chime in. Are pets eating 70% of exp if you don't outdamage them?

If so Mages are completely broken. Their pet doesn't aggro enough to keep the monster tanking while the Mage has to outdamage it.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

bump
Old 07-13-2014, 07:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniqueuser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We don't, because it's from mid-Luclin.

This is not a Luclin-era server.

This is not difficult to comprehend.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

I also agree that Mage pets taking away exp if you don't do more than 50% damage to the mob is a broken mechanic. I don't even play a mage, but I don't see why this would be the case. Need to be changed.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Kobold

It's classic, if you were a classic mage you wouldn't be complaining because you would be used to it.

We must adhere to the classic terms in all their faults and glories be them bad or good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

If I remember correctly, like half a year back, a necromancer did some low level testing on pet XP stealing in group, at distance in group, etc. Basically seeking a way to safely bypass pet XP stealing (being in a group but at a huge distance from the person you're grouped with). Their data seemed to indicate that currently, pets are taking exactly 50% of XP. It was always a difference of 6 to 3% on a >50% from pet.

Additionally, does anything about that 2002 patch suggest that it was 75% before that? If they instituted the 75% penalty at the time of 2002, then everything on that list of notes is irrelevant to the server.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Fire Giant

Like to chime in.

pet agro was "slightly adjusted" a couple patches ago.

i have tested this a few times since the patch as long as you wait till pet does roughly 11 percent of damage to a mob you can cast a spell or two or even just sit down.

As some of you remember it use to be if you sat down or even cast a damage spell the mob would stick to you till it died no matter how much damage a pet did to it.

PS

Remember pet agro is what is here due to pet tanking in raids and need to control that aspect. It will not be truly how it was in classic due to this limitation.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 10-20-2014 at 07:28 PM..
Old 01-01-2015, 12:39 AM
Aviak

Bump. I want to hear about this from a dev too plox
Mage requires too much jimmying around to be a proper class. Get a group and then go in different zones? We have to pretend we are charm kiting and kill our pet before the mob dies for full XP? Please tell me more.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

mage pets commonly out DPS even the twinkiest of twinks pre 55. i know my 53 air pet was doing some god damn work. only a monk with epic t staff could out dps it and occasionally a pre 55 rogue with epic would too.

mage pet is pretty damn powerful atm.

the past 2 days my parser has 17 out of the top 20 dpsers as pets either mage or necro.

my point is, i can see why there is a penalty which can easily be relieved in a duo or group. i pretty consider the pet a whole bother player anyway since its so strong.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 01-01-2015 at 01:17 AM..