Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also says dexterity increases melee accuracy, lol
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-24-2014, 08:15 AM
Sarnak

I shared my first death experience recently. A newbie high elf meets a skunk, but one other does stick out as one of my first memories. The classic fall to your death from Kelethin.

I was fascinated with GFAY, and to this day it still fascinates me. What a great success of a zone. I remember falling from Kelethin after my newb scroll turn in, and deciding to hunt for my corpse myself. Relogging and recreating would take so very long on a dial-up modem. I'm quite sure it took an hour or longer, and only for me to retire the woodelf for a mage :P It was rough back then when you didn't know tricks such as spam /target Mieva's

Oh, and that terrible day where you are curious and ignorant and decide to turn in your Discord book on a PvE server. You maybe invest a few hours in to your char, then stumble upon the correct NPC for the book turn in. Curiosity gets the best of you, and panic can set in once you realize what you have done. I believe I had rerolled then as well as I didn't quite understand the capabilities of a GM. They were simply mythical beings at the time. Rumors.
Last edited by Meiva; 05-24-2014 at 08:18 AM..
Old 05-24-2014, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

I remember sometime during early 2000 running into a new guy (around lev 5) who turned in his Discord Book. I tried to explain to him what he is getting himself into, but he told me that he already convinced few of his friends to do the same, and soon their influence will spread around the server and people will be turning their books in right and left...
Never heard of him again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

I turned in book on a blue server back in the day. When I petitioned the gm wanted me to get some stuff from like unrest and other zones my level and he would spawn priest of peace but I was like ain't nobody got time 4 dat
Old 05-24-2014, 01:11 PM
Kobold

I rolled a Half Elf Ranger on Zeb. Worshiped Karana. Had a great time playing and was addicted right off the bat. I remember one time around level 25 or so being in HHK. I was up all night playing since it was a weekend night. I had a group and everything was going great. Next thing I know I was sitting on the stairs and my group had kicked me out. I asked them why they did that and apparently I fell asleep on my keyboard for an hour. First time I and only time I think that I have ever fallen asleep while sitting up in a desk chair.
Old 05-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Aviak

First I made a DE necro. Couldn't find the guild or a way out of town. So I made an erudite and promptly drown in the fountain -_-

Tried a human and couldn't see anything.

Lastly I made a halfling druid, played it for about a day and quit the game.

Didn't think about it for three years till a friend in high school got me to play. Think it was around velious/pop.

Was like 12 and had no idea about forums, eqatlas and all the needed information to really play the game.

Nika - Enchanter
Closed Thread